I stayed here for SXSW. It was a fairly good experience.
The staff from the manager on down was amongst the best at any Marrriott that I have stayed at (Platinum Elite). They seem to help each other out, and have good team work. One of the assistant managers even opened up the Starbucks bar and made coffee for me.
The facility is clean and well maintained. And the location is fairly good - a little confusing from 35 and 1, but once you get the hang of it, you can get to just about any place in Austin relatively easily. It was only about 15 minutes down to Gateway and the Arboretum which I used for Whole Foods and healthy dinner. If you are going downtown Austin for an event like SXSW, I think that this is actually a pretty good choice. It will take you about 25 minutes safely to get downtown. Just make sure that you get the exits planned out in advance. I came in on the north side at 234C and that worked well - around 11th street.
Overall, I would recommend this property as a safe choice, and a good experience.
- Also Known As:
- Austin Marriott North Hotel
- Austin Marriott North Hotel Round Rock
- Marriott Round Rock
- Marriott Hotel Round Rock
- Round Rock Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranked among the best in guest satisfaction, the award-winning Austin Marriott North hotel defines superior service and amenities. The only full-service hotel in Round Rock, TX, offering a convenient location in La Frontera E-Commerce Park near Dell Headquarters, Hewlett Packard, Samsung and IBM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Austin Marriott North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.