“Highly recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Quezon City
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A very nice place to stay, buffet breakfast is awesome, gym is practically good and the staffs are friendly. This hotel is good also for the family, indoor pool is quite good and the restaurant as well.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Mariott in Round Rock for a conference nearby. It came highly recommended and so we decided to check it out. We usually stay in Embassy Suites or the Westin type hotels. When we arrived we were impressed with the appearance and the grounds. The hotel lobby is very nice as well. When we arrived at our room, concierge level (internet special), we were both disappointed. I expected something much larger and spacious with a better view. Everything was okay. Nothing was dirty or broken. Very clean and comfortable, just sort of small. The TV was terrible! The best part about our stay was the very comfortable bed/bedding. We were also surprised to find there was no hot tub, also something we were expecting. Overall we were disappointed simply because of our expectations, not because of anything specifically wrong. Staff were nice and checkin/out was simple.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I came to Round Rock for a meeting with Dell and i could not have asked for a better place to stay. The hotel was easy to get to and right across from the Dell campus. I did not have to pay to park which was nice and I parked right up front. My wife went with me on this trip and she loved how well lit the parking lot was when we arrived. We checked in kind of late but we really enjoyed the food in the restaurant and hung out in the bar just long enough to catch the 4th qtr of the Cowboy game. The wife said she loved the indoor pool and the roomservice. We will definately be back again real soon. By the way we loved the Starbuck's in the hotel. We just could not get away from that place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the hill country! It was so pretty
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Every April I go to Round Rock for a business conference and have stayed here for the last three years. I have always been pleased with my room and the staff. I am very very picky about the cleanliness of my hotel rooms. My room has always been nice and clean with very comfy beds. I don't sleep well in hotels, but I sleep like a baby every time I stay here. The staff here is outstanding; always very friendly and helpful. I have only eaten breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and even though the food was good, I wasn't impressed with the service from the restaurant wait staff. The last time I stayed here, after waiting 10-15 minutes and still no waiter/waitress, I got up and left and ate the free snacks from the conference for breakfast. I plan on staying here again in April 2013 and highly recommend this hotel. (I am giving it 5 stars but this doesn't apply to the restaurant staff.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here on business last week and while the property was nice, it was striking in the fact that it did nothing extraordinary. Property: it was nice, but nothing special....it was nice and clean, however. Staff was helpful and did their jobs - no issues there. Room was clean, but not spotless...glasses were dirty. Parking/checkin/checkout/etc. were all notable in the fact that there's nothing to say....efficient is the best word I can use.

There were some issues, however. My room was at the end of the hall which was nice for being quiet, but the room wasn't spotless: one glass in the room was dirty (smudgy fingerprints) and the bed was amongst the least comfortable I've been in for quite a while. It was like a hammock, it was so worn! Pillows were nice, however. The A/C in the room wouldn't get lower than 73F (yes, I had a thermometer!) regardless of where I set the thermostat. The bathroom was also terribly small - so small that you couldn't even open the door all the way w/o hitting something...in this case, the tub. It was very clean, however.

Overall, it's a solid 3 in my book. I wouldn't stay there if I have a choice in the future, however.

Room Tip: Corner/End of Hall rooms are bigger according to my experience.
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very good Marriott property with a superb location to most of Round Rock. Front desk staff are outstanding and the room service is prompt and the food was excellent. The rooms are average in size, clean and the bedding is above average.

There is a restaurant adjacent to this property that serves a great breakfast and would recommend the buffet.

Bossier City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Seems to be a new hotel. My room was spacious with desk that has extra electric plugs. Room and bathroom are very nice and clean. Not enough lighting, only lamps. Beds are comfortable but a little soft for me. One night it was raining and must have been drain outside my window as I could hear water "running" along outside wall. Didn't have that problem the next night when it wasn't raining. Was here for business conference and met in two different conference rooms. The meeting rooms were both nice although you could hang meat in both but I think being cold at conferences are the norm. Ate in the onsite restaurant. Menu looked good, slightly high priced but what was ordered was very good, very attentive staff. Only had one small problem while staying here. Logging onto WiFi there was going to be a charge. I called the front desk and was told my "package" didn't include free WiFi. After my silence, the young lady wisely said, "let me give you the code so you aren't charged." A problem that was also encountered, but no fault of hotel, there is road construction all around the hotel and no way to avoid it. Made it hard to find the entrance. Seems like I'm complaining a lot. These were just minor things and I do give it over all "excellent" rating. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Austin Marriott North? Share your experiences!