“Really Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Bossier City
“Really Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Seems to be a new hotel. My room was spacious with desk that has extra electric plugs. Room and bathroom are very nice and clean. Not enough lighting, only lamps. Beds are comfortable but a little soft for me. One night it was raining and must have been drain outside my window as I could hear water "running" along outside wall. Didn't have that problem the next night when it wasn't raining. Was here for business conference and met in two different conference rooms. The meeting rooms were both nice although you could hang meat in both but I think being cold at conferences are the norm. Ate in the onsite restaurant. Menu looked good, slightly high priced but what was ordered was very good, very attentive staff. Only had one small problem while staying here. Logging onto WiFi there was going to be a charge. I called the front desk and was told my "package" didn't include free WiFi. After my silence, the young lady wisely said, "let me give you the code so you aren't charged." A problem that was also encountered, but no fault of hotel, there is road construction all around the hotel and no way to avoid it. Made it hard to find the entrance. Seems like I'm complaining a lot. These were just minor things and I do give it over all "excellent" rating. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I travel for work and this hotel is world class. The service is the best I have ever received, room quality was great and the beds were the most comfortable I have used in a long time. The food was excellent.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My stay in Marriott Austin North in Round Rock(Austin) for a week was an excellent experience. The room was spacious, neat and very well ventilated which further made air conditioning system a better feeling especially in the night I could get good sleep and could wake up on time easily. Breakfast was great and even the bar and the restaurant was awsome. And most importantly the service offered in the restaurant and bar was very good. Staff there was very friendly and prompt. Even hotel staff was very prompt and helpful as I remember one instance where I got a finger cut but I did receive prompt help from reception in the form on antiseptic and band-aid.
Also good part about Marriott Austin North is it was near to my office in Round Rock so didn't have to spend time traveling...:)
Thus all in all it was great experience and pleasant stay in Marriott Austin North.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed a night on business and found this hotel to be extremely nice and the staff willing to do whatever it takes to make sure I was happy with the hotel. The staff in the hotel bar was very friendly. The rooms were quite big and very clean.

There was a lot of road construction going on by the hotel, but it wasn't too big of a problem. It's quite a drive from the Austin airport, but was convenient to the location we were working.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Marriott hotels are very much standard, this one is no exception "very good"
We were in Texas for my son's wedding and used the hotel as a base. We were lucky enough to have contacts to ferry us about as local ammenities were not walking distance in the summer heat. We had no complaints about the hotel and a minor plumbing problem in the room was fixed immediately. Swimming pool changing facilities need improving as the one on offer was engaged for too long by one person. The staff were very accomodating and any request was dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Room Tip: Sorry don't know about other rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wylie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Marriott Austin North during the UIL Baseball Tournament. The room was very nice and clean. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly but our server in the restaurant was outstanding! Lua took care of us at breakfast and she was so friendly and kind, ready to fuflill any request we had. I would say the hotel is fortunate to have such a wonderful employee. Also the food each time we ate there was delicious.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed in Austin Marriott north for 20nights during one of my recent Business trips. The hotel is quite far away from Austin and is located in Roundrock.

Pros:
a. The room was well equipped and was clean and neat (something that is a must if one is going to spend 20 nights)
b. The breakfast available in was pretty good.. Though the variety was very less the dishes were pretty tasty..
c. The highlight was the service !!!.. The people genuinely wore a smile and were ready to go to any extent to help us out.. the night before I was going to check out I requested the front desk for an itemised bill.. Though it was tough for them to sort out the bills, they ensured that I had the bill ready by the next day..
d. The pool is indoor and is pretty good... The gym though is very basic
e. Wifi connectivity at rooms..

Cons:
a. The menu at the restaurant is very limited.. especially for a veggie like me.. I had hardly couple of veg dishes in the menu.. most of the time I had to stick to the same menu.. after couple of days it became really boring
b. The location.. well I guess this is not the fault of the hotel as such.. There is nothing much around the hotel..one has to drive couple of miles to find target, walmart etc.. If one is not driving around, one will find it very hard to get basic stuff..

I would definitely recommend this hotel if one is looking at a stay near RoundRock..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Austin Marriott North? Share your experiences!