“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

This was a great hotel to come to for business. We were here at a conference and the hotel was very accommodating. The rooms are spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and had really nice sheets. The food we were served was ok, but it was for a large amount of people and it was conference food. This hotel also does not have free Wi-Fi in the guest rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I've stayed at the hotel a few times since it is close to our corporate head office. The staff are very friendly, whether I'm checking in late at night or checking out at 4 am - on my first visit they even organised food after the kitchen had closed, and once I left some luggage while I was away for a short side-trip. I've eaten at the bar and in the restaurant. Not being an early riser, I learnt to drop off my laundry the night before!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

In November, my team attended the State XC Meet in Round Rock, TX & we stayed at this Marriott. Though gorgeous from the outside (beautiful, serene location, despite the craziness Austin always offers), the rooms were- in my opinion- just average.
To begin with, one of my athlete rooms had an air purifier running in it...the room smelled absolutely terrible. The hotel staff was AMAZING at helping us get moved to another room, despite being fully booked. They were friendly, courteous, and more than willing to help out!
Our new rooms smelled better (thank goodness!), but again, were fairly average. I've stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels- the difference is the new feel of the room and furnishings (this hotel room felt old) and the functioning of appliances. My room was dark and the air conditioning didn't work very well.
All-in-all, the hotel stay wasn't terrible- like I said, the staff was beyond amazing- but until refurbished, I wouldn't choose to stay there again.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I only use Marriott's when I travel. For those of you that are looking for a Marriott in Austin, look no further. This is THE best Marriott I've ever used, in country or abroad.

Canton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

If you are looking to host a small to medium size conference in the Austin area, this hotel is the best you will find. The hotel is in great condition and the service is Top Notch. The location is convenient to resteraunts, shopping, movies and the toll road, which provides the option for a short trip to downtown Austin. Our small conference was a success and as the host, I didn't have to worry about anything. We had an awesome experience!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It's surrounded by many restaurants and shops that are easily accessible to get to. We stayed here because we were visiting a friend in Austin, and this location is about a 15min drive from Austin downtown. The staff is very friendly,helpful and courteous. We only ate breakfast while we were here, but I had the crunchy french toast and it was awesome. I loved it, french toast topped with strawberries and fresh bananas. The breakfast buffet has an assortment of foods and is $10.95. They have a 24 hour gym, indoor pool, concierge and lots of parking spots. If you get a chance to venture outside of Round Rock, please go to Trudy's North Star restaurant, it's one of my favorite places for Tex-Mex food and Mexican Martinis. Try the Stuffed Avocado, it is too die for.

Room Tip: Corner rooms and the end rooms are the quietest rooms. You will hear some other guest doors open and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Plano, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night in room 530 to attend a concert in Cedar Park. The lobby and central part of the hotel are beautiful. The staff took a considerable amount of time to check people in, but it appears that it was intentional to make the customer feel like they were paying attention to them and giving a good idea of what the hotel has to offer. There is a bit of a walk to the elevators, but not bad. The decor was a little outdated, but they were in the process of changing out the carpet. The room decor was definitely outdated - marroon and green with paisley wallpaper in the bathroom. The king bed was VERY comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The view was nice. Easy access from Hwy 35. Lots of fast food near by, but everything around closes early and 10 or 11pm. So, if you want to go out late, you will have to drive to Austin.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Austin Marriott North? Share your experiences!