“Away from the traffic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Dallas, Texas
“Away from the traffic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Couldn't deal with the Austin traffic after a full day of travel (driving). Pulled in and checked it out. Front desk was friendly as usual and service was prompt.

My room was spacious. living room and bedroom ( I upgraded). I was on the first floor and it was still pretty quiet. The room was clean as I expected. The bed? ehhhhhhh, too soft for me, but whats good for one, may not be for another, no issue there.

This is only 10 miles from MoPac, so its easy in, easy out for Austin.

Food - its all close by. Chuy's, Salt Grass in the same parking lot ( kind of). The gas station on the corner.....That's Rudy's BBQ - GO!!

I extended my stay another night.............that says quite a bit

Room Tip: The parking lot leaves a little to be desired. Check in at the front door and unload in your room...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your stay with us was. We have a daily goal of serving guests as they deserve.

We look forward to seeing you again.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bastrop, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had the pleasure of hosting our first annual youth programs development fundraiser at the Holiday Inn. Ms. Green, Banquet and Facilities Manager was more than accommodating. The staff for all shifts from the front desk to the kitchen were gracious and cooperative. Everyone went above and beyond our expectations. We were most especially pleased that full length white table cover linens along with fresh water and ice were included in our facility rental rate. I strongly encourage any organization or person planning an event in or around Austin, TX to contact Ms. Green and the staff of the Holiday Inn North, Round Rock, TX 78681. Thank you so much. Great facility!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Typical HIE. Newer property & in good condition with great housekeeping. Front desk welcome from Francis could not have been more accommodating. This is a lady who wants to make sure customers are happy. Great first impression & welcome to any hotel. Only complaint was that the bed had one of those "miserable" plastic mattress covers on it. As soon as we hear that crinkle we know to take it off, or you wake up sweating in the middle of the night. These things sleep like a sauna, & are a definite downside to sleep quality. Otherwise, good choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you! Our goal each day is to make sure our guests have the best service possible. We are also happy you let us know about the mattress pad so that we could help you get a good night's sleep.

We will welcome your return.
Rusk, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A big part of my job is traveling during the week. I love to stay at IHG Properties since I am able to accrue points for my personal use. I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Round Rock, Texas during a four day meeting. I arrived late on Sunday night exhausted from a four and a half hour drive to a smiling clerk at the front desk. In conversation, I mentioned that I had to take two gallons of coffee to my meeting each morning and asked if she could recommend a place near the hotel where I could accomplish my task. Smilingly she offered to make coffee for my meetings each morning and even packaged it in large thermos bottles that the hotel used for other meetings. Wow! How refreshing to get offered such a huge help. She put the coffee thermoses outside my door each morning so that I would be ready to leave promptly at 8:00 A.M.
The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again and recommend anyone to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
It makes me very proud to know that this hotel's employees went beyond what is required to make your stay outstanding. Thank you for writing this review. We will certainly look forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel, look no further! We thoroughly enjoyed everything about this hotel…the rooms were extremely clean; the beds were comfortable; the showers were fantastic; the breakfast was delicious and the location was perfect! Additionally, there were several wonderful restaurants within walking distance! The manager, Frances, was extremely courteous and she keeps this hotel in tip-top shape! This was absolutely the best service we have ever received!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. It is always gratifying to know that our guests were served appropriately. We hope to see you again!
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have travelled a lot and this has to be the most horrible experience of my life, cockroaches to ants crawling under the pillows to bodily fluid on the bed sheets. Icing is the worst customer service you can imagine on top of it. Only positive is that, Hotel agreed to provide 50 % discount after seeing the cockroaches, ants and bodily fluid on the bed sheets. That was too little too late. You are on your own, if you want to stay in "Holiday Inn Express" (Round Rock Texas) not to be confused with Holiday Inn @ Chisholm Trail which has great customer service, unlike of this lacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
My most sincere apology to you! We clearly did not deliver the qualtiy or service you deserved. A guest should never experience these issues.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. The one clerk I interacted with, the front desk clerk from 3pm-11pm, was fabulous. Went out of her way to help me. Other staff members were really courteous and kind as well. I have a back problem and the bed was great for me as was the chair I used while working. In other hotels, the office chair is uncomfortable. Arrangement of room made doing my work really efficient and comfortable.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for commending the staff at this hotel. They are here to serve and address guest needs. We are also happy to hear that the bed allowed you to get a good night's sleep and that the office chair was comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Round Rock? Share your experiences!