“Good choice & will return” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Houston, TX
“Good choice & will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Typical HIE. Newer property & in good condition with great housekeeping. Front desk welcome from Francis could not have been more accommodating. This is a lady who wants to make sure customers are happy. Great first impression & welcome to any hotel. Only complaint was that the bed had one of those "miserable" plastic mattress covers on it. As soon as we hear that crinkle we know to take it off, or you wake up sweating in the middle of the night. These things sleep like a sauna, & are a definite downside to sleep quality. Otherwise, good choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you! Our goal each day is to make sure our guests have the best service possible. We are also happy you let us know about the mattress pad so that we could help you get a good night's sleep.

We will welcome your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rusk, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A big part of my job is traveling during the week. I love to stay at IHG Properties since I am able to accrue points for my personal use. I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Round Rock, Texas during a four day meeting. I arrived late on Sunday night exhausted from a four and a half hour drive to a smiling clerk at the front desk. In conversation, I mentioned that I had to take two gallons of coffee to my meeting each morning and asked if she could recommend a place near the hotel where I could accomplish my task. Smilingly she offered to make coffee for my meetings each morning and even packaged it in large thermos bottles that the hotel used for other meetings. Wow! How refreshing to get offered such a huge help. She put the coffee thermoses outside my door each morning so that I would be ready to leave promptly at 8:00 A.M.
The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again and recommend anyone to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
It makes me very proud to know that this hotel's employees went beyond what is required to make your stay outstanding. Thank you for writing this review. We will certainly look forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel, look no further! We thoroughly enjoyed everything about this hotel…the rooms were extremely clean; the beds were comfortable; the showers were fantastic; the breakfast was delicious and the location was perfect! Additionally, there were several wonderful restaurants within walking distance! The manager, Frances, was extremely courteous and she keeps this hotel in tip-top shape! This was absolutely the best service we have ever received!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. It is always gratifying to know that our guests were served appropriately. We hope to see you again!
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have travelled a lot and this has to be the most horrible experience of my life, cockroaches to ants crawling under the pillows to bodily fluid on the bed sheets. Icing is the worst customer service you can imagine on top of it. Only positive is that, Hotel agreed to provide 50 % discount after seeing the cockroaches, ants and bodily fluid on the bed sheets. That was too little too late. You are on your own, if you want to stay in "Holiday Inn Express" (Round Rock Texas) not to be confused with Holiday Inn @ Chisholm Trail which has great customer service, unlike of this lacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
My most sincere apology to you! We clearly did not deliver the qualtiy or service you deserved. A guest should never experience these issues.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. The one clerk I interacted with, the front desk clerk from 3pm-11pm, was fabulous. Went out of her way to help me. Other staff members were really courteous and kind as well. I have a back problem and the bed was great for me as was the chair I used while working. In other hotels, the office chair is uncomfortable. Arrangement of room made doing my work really efficient and comfortable.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for commending the staff at this hotel. They are here to serve and address guest needs. We are also happy to hear that the bed allowed you to get a good night's sleep and that the office chair was comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Front desk clerk was very pleasant and welcoming. Beds felt and sounded like they had plastic mattress covers. The beds are not very comfortable. The bathroom is small..the floors appeared to have not been vacuumed...there are not enough outlets in the room, especially by the beds.There was only one outlet by bed and it was used for the light and clock...on a brighter note..there were silk flowers on the coffee table that brightened up the room..overall not a bad price for the room..even if they are outdated

• Stayed September 2013
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write this review. We appreciate your commenting on our front desk agent. Yes, we are due to renovate in 2014. Hopefully, we will address all the areas you mentioned at that time.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Our family member in Austin booked our stay here for my entire family..parents, cousins, aunts, and uncle. We had 5 rooms all by each other. The hotel seemed nice, and as we walked into our room, it was clean, and everything was great.
BUT then...
I walked into the bathroom and saw roaches in the bathtub and immediately called the front desk. The lady at the front desk was apologetic and quick to move us to a different room if we came down and exchanged the key for the new room key.

We were moved down the hall and into a different room. This room didn't seem to have any bugs, but when I woke up the next morning my husband told me he saw roaches in the bathroom again.
I was so disgusted and terrified

My relatives also had bug issues, my parents room had ants on the bed and were also moved to a different room..which isn't as easy as it sounds when you have unpacked and have your stuff all over the room already.

My cousins had stains on the sheets..and took forever to get them switched out.

The hotel owner was very apologetic, but there is no excuse to have rooms in such conditions.

We had the room paid for until Sunday but we just left early on Saturday evening.

• Stayed August 2013
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
You are entirely correct. You should not have experieced these issues at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology. Our professional pest exterminator has been made aware of these issues.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Round Rock? Share your experiences!