“If our looking for customer service skip this place.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Nacogdoches, Texas
“If our looking for customer service skip this place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We got this hotel on priceline. After arriving clerk informs me we cannot get room with two beds. I pleaded with her because we have 2 adults and 3 children. She tells me to call priceline to see if they will move me to another hotel. I took that to mean they did not want our business and would rather get more money for the room. My question is why accept my bid? The lady was very rude and dismissive. If I ever get this hotel again I will call priceline. This hotel ruined our whole trip. We got no sleep. I know it's at the hotel discretion, but their attitude was unprofessional. The microwave was broke. The tv was between rooms so no matter where you were watching it was awkward. Sorry I'm rude, but if you went 3 days without sleep you would know how I feel. Only thing positive was the a.c. Was very cold.

• Stayed September 2013
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Please accept a sincere apology for the experience you had while at our hotel. The service issues will be addressed because a guest should always be treated with respect and professionalism.

I do appreciate your sharing this information so that improvement can occur.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I checked into this hotel at 2:30pm, Friday, August 23, 2013. The first room we were given had an awful mildew smell. The hotel staff accommodated moving us to another room immediately. In the second room, we were not able to get connected to the WiFi. Christina at the front desk confirmed there were known issues with the WiFi in this room. She offered to move us to yet another room but at this point, My husband was completely frustrated with this hotel and just wanted to leave. Christina then tells him we were free to leave but, we would still be charged for one night stay. This was unacceptable to us as paying customer so my husband asked to speak with a manager. She called her manager, Johnny M. Apparently, Johnny's last name is a mystery since his employees don't know who they work for. Johnny offered to reduce the third room by $20 for one night which still was not what we wanted which was to leave, free of charges, to pay our hard-earned money to a hotel who knows how to take car of its customers. Still being unsatisfied, he asked to speak to whomever was above Johnny the manager. The front desk clerk then called the hotel owner, Mr. Patel who without question, told her not to charge us for the stay. My husband and I frequent this area for get-aways and we normally stay at the other Holiday Inn on Chisholm trail. We will never stay at this Holiday Inn Express again. This was the worst hotel experience we have ever had.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We apologize for the poor quality you experienced at this hotel. We clearly did not meet our own daily goal of having a guest's stay here be of highest quality.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two nights while visiting family. The nightly rate was very reasonable. The suite was large and clean. We had a king-size bed which was comfortable and had lots of pillows. I am an early riser, and I went down to the breakfast room early expecting only coffee, but a hot breakfast was under full swing with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, toast, etc.
Our granddaughters asked to see our room so we brought the whole family up to our third floor room one afternoon. The seven year old was impressed that the room not only had a fridge and microwave but had several telephones including one in the bathroom!

Room Tip: As usual, we always chose the top floor - the farthest from the elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are always excited when we meet our daily goal of meeting or surpassing guest expectations. Thank you for taking your time to write this review.

We certainly look forward to your next visit.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had reservations at a local hotel that had a green pool and management failed to disclose. I went through Expedia so a refund was out of the question. I checked out and went to Holiday Inn Express and was allowed to check in three hours early
and the manager was friendly, professional, caring and outgoing. Hotel clean and staff friendly. My wife and two children stayed at the pool 5 hrs and just had quality time with my family, which the manager allowed three hours early. His actions made the vacation enjoyable and allowed a previous night bad experience to be forgotten.

Room Tip: I am sorry I did not get the managers name but if you get him h will make experience worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for recognizing our employees' efforts to make your stay a great one. We know it takes your time to write a review, and we appreciate your doing so.

We hope to see you again if you travel in this area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel has a great location surrounded by anything you might need. However with everything the hotel offers you won't need much. Great breakfast, clean rooms, great service & great employees! Frances is awesome, call her!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you.! It was certainly our pleasure to have you stay with us.

When will we see you algain?
Cypress, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I met a friend at the Holiday Inn that I have not seen in over 30 years. We had a great room, very clean, quiet and with plenty of space for us to sit and visit within the room. The staff was particularly accomodating and assisted us with our every need. What a fun weekend. We will definitely use this spot for other wonderful "reunions!"

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
You two were so delightful! We are happy we were chosen to host your reunion. We look forward to seeing you again.
Graham, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. Great location, clean, large, comfortable rooms, good price. We had a suite and it was nice. Very friendly staff with easy check in. Nothing negative to say! We didn't eat breakfast but it looked good.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest(s). We are committed to treating our guests with highest regard.

We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Round Rock? Share your experiences!