“a movie theater with it's own microbrewery” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 6 Attractions in Round Rock
Texas
5 attraction reviews
“a movie theater with it's own microbrewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The concept of dinner and a movie at the same placewas created by others, but they seem to have taken it to another level. Very nice place, we tried the hummus and pita bread appetizer and blown away with how good it was, next we'll try something else just to see if it's of the same quality. Lots of different beers and wine and coffee drinks to choose from, if they want to go up another level, get the full liquor license and serve mixed drinks. Alamo Drafthouse cinema doesn't do these either.

Visited January 2013

Austin, Tx
“Mixed bag....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

PROS: Seats are very comfortable (much more than at the Drafthouse locations.) And they are definitely cleaner. Service is prompt and friendly. (And A+ for the call button instead of the paper flag method.) The theater is also nice, modern and clean and the waiting/bar area is inviting. The beer selection is plentiful - LOTS of drafts.

CONS: The little clips they play before the movie are WAY to freaking loud. So loud that I thought about leaving. Also, the movie theater is really dark. Great for regular movie watching, but not great if you're offering the drink and dine concept. There is a backlight on the tables which would be great, but it's very recessed and the space is too small to put anything into the light if you wanted to review the menu, write down a new order or put your food there to see what you're eating. Which leads me to my next frustration. It's so dark that when I ordered a glass of RED wine, the runner set it on top of a menu which caused it to fall out of her hand and spill ALL over me. It wasn't really her fault because it was way too dark for her to see, but her immediate reaction was to tell me she would go get me another glass of wine. I asked her for napkins instead, which she brought me promptly. But no one ever came with a towel or a rag or a flashlight to help clean up the mess. My pants were soaked - both legs and red wine was all over my beige sweater. I really wanted to leave but my husband was too into the movie for me to be a pill at that point so I just sat in it. REALLY annoying that no one ever came back to help with the situation. And lastly, as for the food, I ordered a beef fajita wrap, or something like that. The food came out promptly, the serving was plentiful and the fries were pretty good. But the meat in the wrap was super fatty (gross) and I only ate a portion of the meal.

It's a good place to go see a movie. We'll go back. But I won't eat there again and I'll be darn sure to be vigilant when drinks arrive...

Visited January 2013
Vincennes, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“LOVE LOVE LOVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

OMG.....good food, good movies and great beer! Great atmosphere, great place for date and even kid friendly! Prices are not bad and its clean!

Visited April 2012
Austin, TX
12 attraction reviews
“Good flix, good beer, better prices than Drafthouse.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I guess the only thing I'd do different is make the movies a little less expensive, but taken as a whole, the place is a better deal than their austin area draft-movie-house competition and it's actually in Round Rock, as opposed to on the other side of town. Portions could be a little bigger.

Visited October 2012
Shanghai, China
41 attraction reviews
“Great Way to Watch a Movie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Enjoying a real meal and adult beverages while watching a movie -- what's not to love about that?!

The food was tasty, drinks good, seat was comfortable (and with a foot rest, no less). Plus the service was great and the picture and sound quality were quite good. I'd love to see them add some more options to their menu, but other than that no real complaints.

Overall an excellent bargain, and definitely a fun night out!

Visited November 2012