“Mixed bag....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Round Rock
Austin, Tx
“Mixed bag....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

PROS: Seats are very comfortable (much more than at the Drafthouse locations.) And they are definitely cleaner. Service is prompt and friendly. (And A+ for the call button instead of the paper flag method.) The theater is also nice, modern and clean and the waiting/bar area is inviting. The beer selection is plentiful - LOTS of drafts.

CONS: The little clips they play before the movie are WAY to freaking loud. So loud that I thought about leaving. Also, the movie theater is really dark. Great for regular movie watching, but not great if you're offering the drink and dine concept. There is a backlight on the tables which would be great, but it's very recessed and the space is too small to put anything into the light if you wanted to review the menu, write down a new order or put your food there to see what you're eating. Which leads me to my next frustration. It's so dark that when I ordered a glass of RED wine, the runner set it on top of a menu which caused it to fall out of her hand and spill ALL over me. It wasn't really her fault because it was way too dark for her to see, but her immediate reaction was to tell me she would go get me another glass of wine. I asked her for napkins instead, which she brought me promptly. But no one ever came with a towel or a rag or a flashlight to help clean up the mess. My pants were soaked - both legs and red wine was all over my beige sweater. I really wanted to leave but my husband was too into the movie for me to be a pill at that point so I just sat in it. REALLY annoying that no one ever came back to help with the situation. And lastly, as for the food, I ordered a beef fajita wrap, or something like that. The food came out promptly, the serving was plentiful and the fries were pretty good. But the meat in the wrap was super fatty (gross) and I only ate a portion of the meal.

It's a good place to go see a movie. We'll go back. But I won't eat there again and I'll be darn sure to be vigilant when drinks arrive...

Visited January 2013

Vincennes, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“LOVE LOVE LOVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

OMG.....good food, good movies and great beer! Great atmosphere, great place for date and even kid friendly! Prices are not bad and its clean!

Visited April 2012
Shanghai, China
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great Way to Watch a Movie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Enjoying a real meal and adult beverages while watching a movie -- what's not to love about that?!

The food was tasty, drinks good, seat was comfortable (and with a foot rest, no less). Plus the service was great and the picture and sound quality were quite good. I'd love to see them add some more options to their menu, but other than that no real complaints.

Overall an excellent bargain, and definitely a fun night out!

Visited November 2012
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Drinks - yes; food - no; movie - no”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is competing in the Alamo Drafthouse space, and there is no comparison, except for in the craft beer space that they make on site. The theater never fully dims the lights at each seat, so it makes it very difficult to enjoy a movie. The food (like Homefield Grill) is mediocre at best. Alamo rocks over Flix. I sure hope Flix gets their act together, as I have a longer drive to get to Alamo.

Visited September 2012
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Flix Fail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A friend ordered tickets from her blackberry yesterday and had the confirmation page displayed. She didn't have a way to print so she chose to pick up tickets at the theater. We got to the theater and spoke with Kyler at the desk but no tickets. He informed us that they wouldn't be able to seat the 4 of us together if we repurchased tickets then. The best part was that he gave us major attitude and told us that their website doesn't work well with mobile browsers, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and recommended Google Chrome. He proceeded to "educate" us on how crappy Internet Explorer and Firefox are. While that may be true, I can't help but notice a couple things.

1) He should've been apologetic and focused on customer service and not be a smart @$$ kid making unhelpful comments about our purchasing method/browser choice.

2) Chrome accounts for 29% of web browser market share. That means 71% of people will likely have issues purchasing online if what he says is true.

This was my first attempt to visit Flix and is my last. Fortunately, Alamo had a showing only a few minutes later for the same show. I'll stick to the original (Alamo) and forget the cheap knock offs (Flix). Alamo even held our tickets without payment until we got there. Kudos Alamo, keep up the good work!

Visited October 2012