“Good flix, good beer, better prices than Drafthouse.” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Theaters
Attraction Details
Austin, TX
7 attraction reviews
“Good flix, good beer, better prices than Drafthouse.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I guess the only thing I'd do different is make the movies a little less expensive, but taken as a whole, the place is a better deal than their austin area draft-movie-house competition and it's actually in Round Rock, as opposed to on the other side of town. Portions could be a little bigger.

Visited October 2012

Shanghai, China
38 attraction reviews
“Great Way to Watch a Movie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Enjoying a real meal and adult beverages while watching a movie -- what's not to love about that?!

The food was tasty, drinks good, seat was comfortable (and with a foot rest, no less). Plus the service was great and the picture and sound quality were quite good. I'd love to see them add some more options to their menu, but other than that no real complaints.

Overall an excellent bargain, and definitely a fun night out!

Visited November 2012
27 attraction reviews
“Drinks - yes; food - no; movie - no”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is competing in the Alamo Drafthouse space, and there is no comparison, except for in the craft beer space that they make on site. The theater never fully dims the lights at each seat, so it makes it very difficult to enjoy a movie. The food (like Homefield Grill) is mediocre at best. Alamo rocks over Flix. I sure hope Flix gets their act together, as I have a longer drive to get to Alamo.

Visited September 2012
Austin, Texas
“Flix Fail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A friend ordered tickets from her blackberry yesterday and had the confirmation page displayed. She didn't have a way to print so she chose to pick up tickets at the theater. We got to the theater and spoke with Kyler at the desk but no tickets. He informed us that they wouldn't be able to seat the 4 of us together if we repurchased tickets then. The best part was that he gave us major attitude and told us that their website doesn't work well with mobile browsers, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and recommended Google Chrome. He proceeded to "educate" us on how crappy Internet Explorer and Firefox are. While that may be true, I can't help but notice a couple things.

1) He should've been apologetic and focused on customer service and not be a smart @$$ kid making unhelpful comments about our purchasing method/browser choice.

2) Chrome accounts for 29% of web browser market share. That means 71% of people will likely have issues purchasing online if what he says is true.

This was my first attempt to visit Flix and is my last. Fortunately, Alamo had a showing only a few minutes later for the same show. I'll stick to the original (Alamo) and forget the cheap knock offs (Flix). Alamo even held our tickets without payment until we got there. Kudos Alamo, keep up the good work!

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Food was yummy, a lot like Alamo Drafthouse but newer and cleaner. My husband and I enjoyed our time there. There's also a nice bar when you walk in. Great place to hang out if you're waiting or just want to get a drink.

Visited August 2012