“Drinks - yes; food - no; movie - no” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Activities in Round Rock
Type: Theaters, Theater & Concerts
28 attraction reviews
“Drinks - yes; food - no; movie - no”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is competing in the Alamo Drafthouse space, and there is no comparison, except for in the craft beer space that they make on site. The theater never fully dims the lights at each seat, so it makes it very difficult to enjoy a movie. The food (like Homefield Grill) is mediocre at best. Alamo rocks over Flix. I sure hope Flix gets their act together, as I have a longer drive to get to Alamo.

Visited September 2012

Austin, Texas
“Flix Fail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A friend ordered tickets from her blackberry yesterday and had the confirmation page displayed. She didn't have a way to print so she chose to pick up tickets at the theater. We got to the theater and spoke with Kyler at the desk but no tickets. He informed us that they wouldn't be able to seat the 4 of us together if we repurchased tickets then. The best part was that he gave us major attitude and told us that their website doesn't work well with mobile browsers, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and recommended Google Chrome. He proceeded to "educate" us on how crappy Internet Explorer and Firefox are. While that may be true, I can't help but notice a couple things.

1) He should've been apologetic and focused on customer service and not be a smart @$$ kid making unhelpful comments about our purchasing method/browser choice.

2) Chrome accounts for 29% of web browser market share. That means 71% of people will likely have issues purchasing online if what he says is true.

This was my first attempt to visit Flix and is my last. Fortunately, Alamo had a showing only a few minutes later for the same show. I'll stick to the original (Alamo) and forget the cheap knock offs (Flix). Alamo even held our tickets without payment until we got there. Kudos Alamo, keep up the good work!

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Food was yummy, a lot like Alamo Drafthouse but newer and cleaner. My husband and I enjoyed our time there. There's also a nice bar when you walk in. Great place to hang out if you're waiting or just want to get a drink.

Hook, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“First timer - enjoyed it but ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

So this was my first time at a place like this - it's a fun idea and we were surrounded by other Flix Brewhouse virgins so we were all excited as we queued to go in. You enter like Southwest Airlines in groups (booked seating would help). We were briefed by our server and ordered our drinks and meals. The lights went down and the drinks came. My burger came and was put in front of me. It tasted good but was a bit drippy for a burger. Then I realised it tasted a bit BBQy for a burger. Then my burger came. Weird as I was already half way through it. Server was confused. So you guessed it - I ate someone elses dinner. Well it felt like mine - a bun - some fries. They sort of figured it out but then I needed to wash the BBQ off my face and you can't pause the movie.

I think it's a fun idea but was not hugely practical. If there was a remote control and you could pause it would help but might annoy others? Not sure. Also - free refils throughout a film means you are busting to run to the loo at about the time the film is getting to the exciting part. Haha - would go again but orderl luminous food I think.

Austin, TX
10 attraction reviews
“New Experience for Family - Great Time for All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family recently saw the new Batman movie here and it was our first experience at a dinner with movie theater. We all really enjoyed the show and food. Their pizza crust is actually very tasty.

One tip - arrive early (15-20 minutes). We only had a front row option left and it was very loud and we had to look up at a strange angle the entire time.

We'll definitely be back!