“First timer - enjoyed it but ....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 28 Attractions in Round Rock
Hook, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“First timer - enjoyed it but ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

So this was my first time at a place like this - it's a fun idea and we were surrounded by other Flix Brewhouse virgins so we were all excited as we queued to go in. You enter like Southwest Airlines in groups (booked seating would help). We were briefed by our server and ordered our drinks and meals. The lights went down and the drinks came. My burger came and was put in front of me. It tasted good but was a bit drippy for a burger. Then I realised it tasted a bit BBQy for a burger. Then my burger came. Weird as I was already half way through it. Server was confused. So you guessed it - I ate someone elses dinner. Well it felt like mine - a bun - some fries. They sort of figured it out but then I needed to wash the BBQ off my face and you can't pause the movie.

I think it's a fun idea but was not hugely practical. If there was a remote control and you could pause it would help but might annoy others? Not sure. Also - free refils throughout a film means you are busting to run to the loo at about the time the film is getting to the exciting part. Haha - would go again but orderl luminous food I think.

Visited August 2012

Austin, TX
10 attraction reviews
“New Experience for Family - Great Time for All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family recently saw the new Batman movie here and it was our first experience at a dinner with movie theater. We all really enjoyed the show and food. Their pizza crust is actually very tasty.

One tip - arrive early (15-20 minutes). We only had a front row option left and it was very loud and we had to look up at a strange angle the entire time.

We'll definitely be back!

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
16 attraction reviews
“Dinner and a Movie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Movie prices are on par with the other theaters in the area. Food prices are elevated for what you are getting. But the novelty to dine and eat may out way the cost. You can go without ordering food.

Food quality A THOUSAND TIMES better than same concept theater chain in Austin.

Visited July 2012
j98me2
“My new favorite place to watch a movie.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a great way to watch a movie. The food was good and thier mico brew beers gave us plenty of new things to try. If you are onto beer this is a great place to go even if you don't see a movie. Not only do they have thier beers, but a huge selection of major breweries and local micro breweries on tap.

The seats were comfy and the system they worked out for ordering works well.

My only complaints were that it was hard to get extra items like ranch dressing because the whole theater is ordering and getting thier food at once. The other is the popcorn. How can you have a movie theater with crappy popcorn. It tasted like it was plain with no butter or salt.

My wife and I will be back for sure. Next time I will have to try a dessert instead of popcorn. I saw some and they looked good.

Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Good Movie House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I think Flix is very good. The food is fine and the seats are comfortable.

Visited May 2012