“A pleasant housekeeper at a nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Roseville, California
“A pleasant housekeeper at a nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was very pleased and surprised by how clean this hotel was. I am very picky about cleanliness when I'm away from home and this hotel was very pleasing. I was even more surprised by the hospitality of the staff, specifically, a housekeeper named Rachel.

Rachel brought us extra towels, took our excess trash and constantly asked us if we needed anything. All of this with a great smile and no attitude, we have stayed at many hotels and I have never been as pleased as I was during my stay at this Round Rock hotel.

We will be visiting soon and I plan on staying at this hotel again, I sure hope Rachel is there, I will ask for her assistance specifically.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review of your stay on TripAdvisor! We are always delighted to hear from our guests and share reviews with the entire team. We strive for this sort of excellence with all of our guests and I am so pleased that you not only enjoyed your stay but, more specifically, that you had such a great experience with Rachel.
Again, thank you for such a great review and we'll see you next time around!

Grand Prairie, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was attending training near by and decided to stay at this Candlewood Suites. The room was clean and comfortable and the front desk staff was efficient.

The only down side is the train horns at 0 dark thirty (multiple times a night). The tracks are only a thousand yards or so south of the hotel. Most times there only seemed to be a couple of horn blasts but I'm convinced some engineers took great pleasure in seeing how long they could blast that horn just to make sure everyone was awake. I know the hotel can't control the horns but I'd suggest that unless you're a really sound sleeper ask for a room on the north side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Dale S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our front desk services and comfortable rooms. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced because of the noise. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our Church stayed at this particular Candlewood Suites and this place is incredible and the staff is remarkable especially Steven. The rooms are very clean and have fully functioning appliances and comfortable beds. The staff was very attentive to the needs of every person that came through the doors. Wish they serve breakfast it would be perfect then. Keep up the good work, God Bless

Mrs. Dorothy

Room Tip: Ask for room near exit if you are not a smoker, the air inside the room is a lot fresher no smoke co...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Mrs. Dorothy

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us - and what a great review! We were glad to have you with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Thanks again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We arrived a little early and the staff was wonderful they went ahead and got us to our suite early. It was better than what I had expected honestly. Very clean, quiet, well stocked with dishes and cookware. We enjoyed our stay well enough that we will for sure be going back again. The only down side was there was no pool for swimming, but they have a fitness room and laundry area. You can get dvd's to watch if you want. They also have a little store incase you need a snack or a drink late at night. Worth giving a shot in my opinion you wont be disapointed I'm sure.

• Stayed April 2014
Hi "Itsjustme69"!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us in April! We love to share these great comments with the entire team during our meetings and are so glad to hear you'll be back with us next time your travels bring you to the Round Rock/Austin area.

Thanks again!
Killeen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

When i made my reservations over the phone. I asked if it was in comparison to Holiday Inn Express and I told "yes". In short, it was not. I was very disappointed in the fact that my room had a roach in it and the staff down played as if it was okay. The toilette was running and when I told the manager she stated she is not a maintenance person but will try to stop the running of the toilette. She then told me if it happens again to just shake the handle. I mean REALLY?....I guess you get what you pay for!!!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Panamanianangel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mirabel, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at 4 different Candlewood during our trip in Texas and they were all good.
But, this is here that we had the nicest and friendliest greetings and service at check-in and check-out. It needs a special mention.
The room was nice, very clean and had a very confo bed.
The hotel was quiet, clean and smelled good.
As I already said, the front desk service was excellent, friendly and helpful.
There is a propane grill outside that we finally didn't use because it was pouring rain that night : (
Great value for the price paid.
Good location to visit Austin but there is a lot of traffic going south in the morning so go around it by the city streets instead of taking the highway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ben0844
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for such a warm review. I am glad you were able to stick within the Candlewood Suites family throughout your trip! Everyone here works hard to ensure our guests feel as welcomed at our hotel as they do when they're visiting family and friends. We love this place as our home and want everyone to feel the same.

Thank you again for such a great review and the special mention about the team here!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four straight weekends as I waited for my apartment to open. I can say the staff has been excellent. They gave me the same room every weekend per my request and have be nothing but helpful. They always greet you with a smile and have met all of my needs. I really want to bring attention to Nikki Patterson and Payne Hoover for helping each one of my visits. Both of them made sure my stays have been enjoyable ones.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Phillip B
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Mr. B

I love sharing our guest comments with the team here at Candlewood Suites and your review was truly fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and what a great team we have here. We are all excited for your new "digs" and hope you enjoy Round Rock as much as we do even as we will miss seeing you on the weekends.

Thanks again for your kind words!