“Family Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
“Family Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. The staff is lovely and very nice and helpful. My son loved the basketball court. Our bed was very comfortable and the room was nice. They are like a mini apartment. The cupboard is full of awesome food and decently priced for convenience. All they are missing is a pool.

• Stayed May 2013
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Taylertay -

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of the Candlewood Suites in Round Rock! We enjoy reading all reviews so we can continue to improve our hotel. I'm so glad your son enjoyed the basketball court and you were able find everything you needed while you were here. Next time you're in the area, we hope to see you again!

Thanks!

- Nikki Patterson

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff. Had a great stay. The nicest hotel manager I have ever met. Very good location.

Dear Trip Advisor I'm not sure why I have to write 200 characters. I can say what I need to in less....

• Stayed May 2013
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Texas Heritage

Thank you so very much for your wonderful and kind post about the Candlewood Suites in Round Rock! Sorry that TripAdvisor makes you type a minimum amount of words, but it was nice to be able to read your comments twice. :)

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Nikki Patterson
georgetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had 2 quests come to visit from Malaysia and booked them into the Candlewood suites in round rock. The staff here came through for us time and time again, often going out of their way to accommodate their needs. The round rock location is very nice. And Renae L. was exceptionally outgoing and interested in the comfort of both my guests, making their stay here very pleasant.

Room Tip: The studios apt are very spacious compared to extended stay america.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
David A

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review for the Candlewood Suites in Round Rock! Ranae is most certainly an asset to our hotel and I am very pleased that she specifically was able to attend to and help your guests while they stayed with us.
Rose Hill,KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had an extended stay at the hotel for 3 months.The staff was very friendly! We had no problems with security, the room was cleaned as often as we wished, supplies for the room (paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, etc) furnished as needed. Pets were welcomed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed one night in March 2013. Guests seemed a little on the shady side if thats accurate, seemed like a lot of rent by the week tenants. Staff was overly accomodating and very friendly. The room was suprisingly large and had a small kitchen. Overall I did not feel very comfortable in parking lot or common areas but I had no issues with the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear 79SteveO,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that you found our rooms and staff commendable. I am sorry you found the atmosphere of our hotel parking area and some common areas less than satisfactory. We are constantly working to improve our service and your comments are very valuable to us. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve. Hope to see you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ash Grove, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was looking for a good and affordable hotel near where my daughter lives in Round Rock, Texas. I chose this one based solely on price (about $80 per night) and reviews on Tripadvisor. Every good thing you've read in prior reviews is absolutely true. I couldn't exaggerate the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. They clearly hire and train people to value their customers above all. The room was very clean and included a full kitchen with cookware. While I was only there for 4 nights, I'll be back and stay longer in the future. The bed was comfortable and the room had everything I needed. You will not be disappointed when you stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 311 and had no complaints at all.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for such a terrific review of our hotel - what a great way to start our week!
We are so lucky to have such a friendly, committed team at the Candlewood Suites and your comments will be shared with them all.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here March 23-26, 2013 with my 2 teenaged daughters. The exterior looked fine, but once inside I did not feel comfortable or safe. Although I think mgmt has tried to do everything possible to spruce up this dreary hotel, the effort fell flat for me. Although I could never really put my finger on it, I, too, never felt clean there, and frequently experienced the smell of food cooking in another room. (Once was some kind of fish; yuck!) We ended up taking showers at our relative's house, and if they had had room, we would have just packed up and stayed there. As it was we only went to the hotel to sleep. The furnishings in our very small room were cheap and shabby. We had requested a room on an upper floor on the backside of the hotel away from Interstate 35, which we got; however, there is a basketball court and a gazebo with a BBQ grill there and it was a little noisy. I requested a rollaway bed for my daughter, and to say the mattress was shot is an understatement. It was extremely worn and had holes in it. I will post a pic of it. Apparently housekeeping only cleans the rooms once a week. Maybe some people are accustomed to staying in places which can be admittedly much worse; it was definitely not what I expected from InterContinental Hotel Group.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I’m very concerned that you did not feel comfortable or safe while you were staying in our hotel. Please allow me to address some of your concerns as we do our best to make sure that all of our guests do feel comfortable and safe.
I understand the smell of cooking food may cause a feeling of uncleanliness. Our travelers have a wide variety of culinary taste and many travel far from home. Having individual cooking facilities allows them to not only cook the foods they are accustomed to, but also as a means to reduce expenses. We are an extended stay hotel and guests stay with us for weeks, months, and even years.
The rollaway beds are only two years old, and due to the high occupancy of this hotel, new beds have been ordered. The Candlewood Suites extended stay program is designed for one housekeeping service per week. However, our housekeeping department is staffed and available seven days a week and we are open to additional housekeeping requests.
Again, please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest in our hotel. I sincerely hope that this does not prevent you from making Intercontinental Hotels Group a choice for your future accommodations.

Been to Candlewood Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!