“Extended stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Rose Hill,KS
“Extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had an extended stay at the hotel for 3 months.The staff was very friendly! We had no problems with security, the room was cleaned as often as we wished, supplies for the room (paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, etc) furnished as needed. Pets were welcomed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed one night in March 2013. Guests seemed a little on the shady side if thats accurate, seemed like a lot of rent by the week tenants. Staff was overly accomodating and very friendly. The room was suprisingly large and had a small kitchen. Overall I did not feel very comfortable in parking lot or common areas but I had no issues with the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear 79SteveO,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that you found our rooms and staff commendable. I am sorry you found the atmosphere of our hotel parking area and some common areas less than satisfactory. We are constantly working to improve our service and your comments are very valuable to us. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve. Hope to see you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ash Grove, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was looking for a good and affordable hotel near where my daughter lives in Round Rock, Texas. I chose this one based solely on price (about $80 per night) and reviews on Tripadvisor. Every good thing you've read in prior reviews is absolutely true. I couldn't exaggerate the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. They clearly hire and train people to value their customers above all. The room was very clean and included a full kitchen with cookware. While I was only there for 4 nights, I'll be back and stay longer in the future. The bed was comfortable and the room had everything I needed. You will not be disappointed when you stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 311 and had no complaints at all.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for such a terrific review of our hotel - what a great way to start our week!
We are so lucky to have such a friendly, committed team at the Candlewood Suites and your comments will be shared with them all.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here March 23-26, 2013 with my 2 teenaged daughters. The exterior looked fine, but once inside I did not feel comfortable or safe. Although I think mgmt has tried to do everything possible to spruce up this dreary hotel, the effort fell flat for me. Although I could never really put my finger on it, I, too, never felt clean there, and frequently experienced the smell of food cooking in another room. (Once was some kind of fish; yuck!) We ended up taking showers at our relative's house, and if they had had room, we would have just packed up and stayed there. As it was we only went to the hotel to sleep. The furnishings in our very small room were cheap and shabby. We had requested a room on an upper floor on the backside of the hotel away from Interstate 35, which we got; however, there is a basketball court and a gazebo with a BBQ grill there and it was a little noisy. I requested a rollaway bed for my daughter, and to say the mattress was shot is an understatement. It was extremely worn and had holes in it. I will post a pic of it. Apparently housekeeping only cleans the rooms once a week. Maybe some people are accustomed to staying in places which can be admittedly much worse; it was definitely not what I expected from InterContinental Hotel Group.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I’m very concerned that you did not feel comfortable or safe while you were staying in our hotel. Please allow me to address some of your concerns as we do our best to make sure that all of our guests do feel comfortable and safe.
I understand the smell of cooking food may cause a feeling of uncleanliness. Our travelers have a wide variety of culinary taste and many travel far from home. Having individual cooking facilities allows them to not only cook the foods they are accustomed to, but also as a means to reduce expenses. We are an extended stay hotel and guests stay with us for weeks, months, and even years.
The rollaway beds are only two years old, and due to the high occupancy of this hotel, new beds have been ordered. The Candlewood Suites extended stay program is designed for one housekeeping service per week. However, our housekeeping department is staffed and available seven days a week and we are open to additional housekeeping requests.
Again, please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest in our hotel. I sincerely hope that this does not prevent you from making Intercontinental Hotels Group a choice for your future accommodations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Everything was as I expected it to be, I have always enjoyed Candlewood Suites and this one was clean and the staff was friendly. They easy to access from all the highways we needed and even helped sugest places to eat and visit during our time in the Auston area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments about Candlewood Suites as a brand as well as this particular location. We strive to be the friendliest hotel in town and are very pleased to have been able to help make your stay enjoyable and everything you expected. I hope you enjoyed your final dining choice and got to see some of the many great sites in the Austin area.
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This isn't for the type that needs a lot of ambiance. My studio suite was clean and comfortable. The decor was understated, which can be a relief after spending time in some overdecorated B&Bs. A full sized refrigerator, double burner range, microwave, sink, dishes, dishwasher, a well proportioned bathroom and a flat panel TV with a DVD player are luxury enough when one is focused on the outside world. After a day of driving around the Austin area it is nice to be able to avoid another restaurant meal and eat in privacy. There is a Sprout's Farmers Market on Hwy 620 at I-35 which has a terrific selection of fresh and prepared food and a lot of items in small containers at very good prices. There are also many restaurants and take away food places in the area. For an extended stay I would consider bringing in a couple of pictures from home, a cheap throw, and maybe a plant to personalize the space. Whether for one night or a month this will be my hotel of choice in the Round Rock area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us in Round Rock. I remember speaking with you at the front desk when you were checking-out about the many amenities we have to offer for guests needing reservations for extended periods of time. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had all the comforts of home you needed. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring back to this area!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'm not sure what was going on here really. Not the best for business travel. They allow pets here and the pets bring pets of their own sometimes. I had a hard time finding my room as someone kept burning dinner down the hall ... it was smoky. The room itself wasn't very comfortable. I never felt clean. Also, the bed was shot - it took two weeks to fix my back. This was a memorable stay but for all the wrong reasons.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites in Round Rock. We appreciate all comments, good or bad, and use them to improve our service and product. As a hotel geared toward long-term stays, many of our guests are away from home for such long periods of time. Most extended-stay hotels are required to allow pets that are are properly vaccinated and cared for by their owner. As hoteliers, we feel that it is important for our guests and their pets to be together in their home away from home. We do provide exhaust fans in every guest room over stove tops. It is possible in this particular instance that your neighboring guest did not show consideration for our other guests. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have suffered while in our hotel. I hope that you will give us another chance at serving you in a more efficient manner.

Been to Candlewood Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!