“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Everything was as I expected it to be, I have always enjoyed Candlewood Suites and this one was clean and the staff was friendly. They easy to access from all the highways we needed and even helped sugest places to eat and visit during our time in the Auston area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments about Candlewood Suites as a brand as well as this particular location. We strive to be the friendliest hotel in town and are very pleased to have been able to help make your stay enjoyable and everything you expected. I hope you enjoyed your final dining choice and got to see some of the many great sites in the Austin area.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This isn't for the type that needs a lot of ambiance. My studio suite was clean and comfortable. The decor was understated, which can be a relief after spending time in some overdecorated B&Bs. A full sized refrigerator, double burner range, microwave, sink, dishes, dishwasher, a well proportioned bathroom and a flat panel TV with a DVD player are luxury enough when one is focused on the outside world. After a day of driving around the Austin area it is nice to be able to avoid another restaurant meal and eat in privacy. There is a Sprout's Farmers Market on Hwy 620 at I-35 which has a terrific selection of fresh and prepared food and a lot of items in small containers at very good prices. There are also many restaurants and take away food places in the area. For an extended stay I would consider bringing in a couple of pictures from home, a cheap throw, and maybe a plant to personalize the space. Whether for one night or a month this will be my hotel of choice in the Round Rock area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us in Round Rock. I remember speaking with you at the front desk when you were checking-out about the many amenities we have to offer for guests needing reservations for extended periods of time. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had all the comforts of home you needed. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring back to this area!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'm not sure what was going on here really. Not the best for business travel. They allow pets here and the pets bring pets of their own sometimes. I had a hard time finding my room as someone kept burning dinner down the hall ... it was smoky. The room itself wasn't very comfortable. I never felt clean. Also, the bed was shot - it took two weeks to fix my back. This was a memorable stay but for all the wrong reasons.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites in Round Rock. We appreciate all comments, good or bad, and use them to improve our service and product. As a hotel geared toward long-term stays, many of our guests are away from home for such long periods of time. Most extended-stay hotels are required to allow pets that are are properly vaccinated and cared for by their owner. As hoteliers, we feel that it is important for our guests and their pets to be together in their home away from home. We do provide exhaust fans in every guest room over stove tops. It is possible in this particular instance that your neighboring guest did not show consideration for our other guests. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have suffered while in our hotel. I hope that you will give us another chance at serving you in a more efficient manner.
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We just ended a 5-month stay at Candlewood in Round Rock while our house in Austin was being built. Our room had many nice features that were superior to more expensive hotels that we usually stay in--a very comfortable bed, fantastic shower, great soundproofing. The location was great, within walking distance to beautiful parks, cozy downtown Round Rock, and one of the two greatest urban bat locations in the world. Every conceivable chain restaurant is an easy drive. But best of all is the warm and wonderful staff that stopped at nothing to make us comfortable and satisfied. While we were there, two new flat-screen TVs were added to our room, as well as entirely new artwork. It would have been painted as well if we hadn't filled it too much with all of our stuff. During the warm months, there are weekly cookouts with great food cooked on the outdoor grill. Nikki, the fantastic manager, has filled the hotel with a friendly staff that I won't credit individually for fear of skipping one of the many people deserving of individual credit. But both for the very comfortable facility and for the exceptional staff, I highly recommend Candlewood-Round Rock, especially for extended stays.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor, although we usually go for upper floors, and I recommend the one-bedroom s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Can't say enough about the staff. Everyone from the maid staff to the management was so friendly and accomadating. They are all soo friendly and make you feel at home. Rooms are great and the entire place is clean and fresh.

Room Tip: Nothing bad about this place !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rount Rock, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Been here since Early December and am very pleased with my room and treatment of the staff. Room is nice, and the free washer /dryer and work out room are great. Internet is good, as I am working from my room. Excellent value and as I said before staff is friendly and rooms are clean and nice kitenenette. It's saving me some money to be able to cook complete meal in the room. NO Over but most meals can be completed on stove top or in the microwave. Plenty of good restaurants near by too. Rooms are quiet! no noise from other rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This property has very good features for the price and helpful desk staff. I've stayed here every time I've been in the Austin area for the past three years. The facility is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms have good kitchenette appliances. I enjoy the free wifi connections as well as fitness room, laundry, and the 24-hour "pantry" by the office. That's a real plus. The desk staff have been welcoming, personable, and helpful. Special appreciation to Payne Hoover, who has shown professionalism and warm enthusiasm on my last two visits.
My only concern is that, although most or all rooms have cooking facilities, the aromas in the hallway are sometimes a little strong around dinner time. Furthermore, my particular non-smoking room smelled a bit musty. I wonder if it had been converted from a smoking room. Still, overall, I continue to enjoy my visits and plan to stay at Candlewood/Round Rock in the future.

Room Tip: As in most hotels, it may be quieter farther away from the elevator. Being a nonsmoker, I would alw...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
How very nice of you to say all the kind things about your recent stay and the staff - and for the special shout out to Payne. We appreciate our guests and love to get feedback from you. We will continue to work on the cooking aromas from other guest rooms and are glad you continue to enjoy each stay with us.

Again, thank you so much for the kind words and thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites as your home away from home. We hope to see you again very soon!

Been to Candlewood Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!