“Comfortable and generally fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Cedar Park, Texas
“Comfortable and generally fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We just ended a 5-month stay at Candlewood in Round Rock while our house in Austin was being built. Our room had many nice features that were superior to more expensive hotels that we usually stay in--a very comfortable bed, fantastic shower, great soundproofing. The location was great, within walking distance to beautiful parks, cozy downtown Round Rock, and one of the two greatest urban bat locations in the world. Every conceivable chain restaurant is an easy drive. But best of all is the warm and wonderful staff that stopped at nothing to make us comfortable and satisfied. While we were there, two new flat-screen TVs were added to our room, as well as entirely new artwork. It would have been painted as well if we hadn't filled it too much with all of our stuff. During the warm months, there are weekly cookouts with great food cooked on the outdoor grill. Nikki, the fantastic manager, has filled the hotel with a friendly staff that I won't credit individually for fear of skipping one of the many people deserving of individual credit. But both for the very comfortable facility and for the exceptional staff, I highly recommend Candlewood-Round Rock, especially for extended stays.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor, although we usually go for upper floors, and I recommend the one-bedroom s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Can't say enough about the staff. Everyone from the maid staff to the management was so friendly and accomadating. They are all soo friendly and make you feel at home. Rooms are great and the entire place is clean and fresh.

Room Tip: Nothing bad about this place !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rount Rock, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Been here since Early December and am very pleased with my room and treatment of the staff. Room is nice, and the free washer /dryer and work out room are great. Internet is good, as I am working from my room. Excellent value and as I said before staff is friendly and rooms are clean and nice kitenenette. It's saving me some money to be able to cook complete meal in the room. NO Over but most meals can be completed on stove top or in the microwave. Plenty of good restaurants near by too. Rooms are quiet! no noise from other rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This property has very good features for the price and helpful desk staff. I've stayed here every time I've been in the Austin area for the past three years. The facility is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms have good kitchenette appliances. I enjoy the free wifi connections as well as fitness room, laundry, and the 24-hour "pantry" by the office. That's a real plus. The desk staff have been welcoming, personable, and helpful. Special appreciation to Payne Hoover, who has shown professionalism and warm enthusiasm on my last two visits.
My only concern is that, although most or all rooms have cooking facilities, the aromas in the hallway are sometimes a little strong around dinner time. Furthermore, my particular non-smoking room smelled a bit musty. I wonder if it had been converted from a smoking room. Still, overall, I continue to enjoy my visits and plan to stay at Candlewood/Round Rock in the future.

Room Tip: As in most hotels, it may be quieter farther away from the elevator. Being a nonsmoker, I would alw...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
How very nice of you to say all the kind things about your recent stay and the staff - and for the special shout out to Payne. We appreciate our guests and love to get feedback from you. We will continue to work on the cooking aromas from other guest rooms and are glad you continue to enjoy each stay with us.

Again, thank you so much for the kind words and thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites as your home away from home. We hope to see you again very soon!
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is with in walking distance to downtown Round Rock where there are nice restaurants and bars (we enjoyed the Krave Bistro and Wine bar). The staff was extremely helpful and the room was very clean and spacious. Really enjoyed our stay at the Candlewood Suites in Round Rock.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for takin the time to visit TripAdvisor and letting us know how we are doing. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time you are in the area! Your comments will be shared with the entire staff and we will continue to work hard so that we continue to provide great service and clean, comfortable rooms.

Thanks again!
Round Rock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The staff here are just great! They are very friendly and always checking to make sure you have what you need and everything is going good. They sit and talk with you and make you feel like this is your home and you not just a job to them. My children and I have loved our time here and would love to come back anytime. From the front desk to the cleaning staff my children are always talking about who has asked how their day has gone, what others are interested in, how their birthdays went, what is going on for the holidays, and just normal family things. Nikki, Renae, Payne, Mandy, Daniel, Jake, Linda, Rosalie, Russel and so many more here have made our stay the best ever. I don't have room for everyone's names but it has been a blessing and a pleasure to stay here. I'm always telling family members who think they might be coming up to stay here. I've had family that has come and stayed and loved it as well. This is where you want to be for an awesome experience and people who care.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for recognizing the exceptional service Ranae, Payne, Mandy, Daniel, Jake, Linda, Rosalie, Russell and the rest of the team have provided you during your stay with us in Round Rock! One of our goals here is to have all of our guests feeling comfortable and happy while they stay at their home away from home.

We enjoyed having you here with us before the Christmas holidays and cannot wait to see you and your family again!

Nikki Patterson
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My apologies to the Staff at Candlewood in Round Rock...I have been quite remiss in posting this! What can I say but WOW! I have stayed here twice...a month in July the first time when I took a new job in Austin and a week later in August I came back and stayed for nearly 4 months. I have traveled quite extensively over the years and I have never met such wonderful, caring and attentive staff as I have here. They truly care about your stay and go out of their way to do anything they can to make your experience there pleasurable. From recommending great places to eat and visit in the area to making sure your pet is happy with a treat at the front desk to the Wednesday BBQs for the guests...just outstanding!
A couple of shout outs...Daniel, the Sales Director, great guy and always there with a smile and time to chat. Nikki, the Manager, she is, by far, one of the greatest people you will ever meet. Does everything she can to accomadate you, work with you or just to see how your day is going. Peyton (I hope I remembered his name correctly. He's the tall kid usually works evenings but see him during the day as well.), if anyone is zeroed in on Customer Service and Satisfaction, this guy is! Nikki...he's definielty a keeper! Those were only some names I remember personally, but the entire staff...from maintenance to Housekeeping and everyone else really made you feel at home...a part of their family, if you will. I really can't say enough good things about them.
So, if you are traveling through the Round Rock/Austin area, make sure you stop in and see them. Best service, value and rooms for your money..the little extras they do cannot be expressed in $$, you have to experience them. So book early and book often!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
WOW! We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review for us on TripAdvisor. Each of our team members work so hard to help ensure that all of our guests feel at home no matter how long their stay is with us and I could not be more thrilled that we were successful with your, your wife, and your furry little friend.
Your special comments about individual team members is something that I was able to share with everyone here at the hotel and it put smiles on every single one of our faces.
Thank you again!!!

Been to Candlewood Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!