“Exceptional!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Do give this a try when you're near Round Rock! It's a great place, quiet, has a workout room -no pool :-( - , generally used for people on extended stays, FREE (did I say FREE?) guest washers and dryers, sparkling clean and they even give YOU free pizza on Wednesday evenings! They also have a little in-store so you can "buy" on the honour system, juices, waters, sodas, ready-for-the-microwave dinners, yogurt, fresh fruit - - - what's not to love?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We were greeted graciously by Jeannie and were settled in the room that we reserved. It is an extended stay hotel with kitchen facilities that were very complete and spotlessly clean. The shower facility was great and the room was spotless. The queen bed was about the most comfortable that I have ever slept on and the service was excellent. The only problem that I had was when we turned on the heater the smoke alarm would beep like it had a used battery in it. When we turned it off there was no sound. I reported the problem but I have no idea it was fixed because we left that day. It was an excellent value and when we have the opportunity we would return the visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Low class, spartan and dingy hotel in a very unappealing location. Everything about the place is cheap, the towels were so rough it was painful to use them. All that might be bearble if the pricce was 1/2 what it was.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
athens, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

The morning after my stay the fire alarms started going off. When we got downstairs the staff were in their own little corner. no concern for the guests at all. Finnally we were allowed to go get our belongings and the staff wouldn't do it for me. I have been sick, as has my daughter and no one seems to care. here's the kicker, this same fire happened less than a month ago so they are putting lives at rjsk because they are lazy. i must say a very bad choice!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Manager_CSRR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Candlewood Suites. I am very sorry that you experienced such problems during your stay. I understand it must have been frustrating as well as scary to have to be in an emergency situation in an unfamiliar place with no direction given to you. Unfortunately the hotel did suffer a small fire in February and thankfully nobody was hurt. There were some electrical issues with our employee dryer that were immediately corrected. I would like you to know that your comments are being taken very seriously by myself and the hotel team as a whole. We have re-evaluated our emergency procedures and have begun to make it a point to practice drills atleast two times a month. I understand this does not make up for the experience you had while with us, but in response we have been working diligently to resolve any issues we had at the time of your stay and to ensure an incident such as the one you experienced does not happen again.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the problems you experiened during your stay. Your comments are very important to us. It is the feedback we receive from our valued guests, such as you, that helps us to better pinpoint any problem areas the hotel may have. With this knowledge we are better able to take the necessary steps to ensure similar situations do not happen in the future.
Gurgaon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Stayed here in Dec 07 for 1.5 months. This is a pretty good hotel. No frills but you get a decent 1 bedroom suite with a good kitchen. Excellent for long stays. Very good location. Lots of entertainment around. The rooms are super clean and the staff very helpful. No breakfast though.

Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
georgetown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

First off the hotel is not by any means comfortable. It offers no room service, meaning not even clean towels are brought to your room or trash cans are emptied. When I asked about this, they said they offered weekly cleaning. Yet the rate is $123.00 per night. At checkout, I was charged an incorrect rate and then when I tried to fix the rate, the manager said he was going to charge me $50.00 for cleaning services due to dirty towels and trash from packages that I received from UPS and opened so that I could pack items in luggage. Also, in one pic packing materials that I did not scatter were scattered purposely so that room would look like trash had been scattered throughout instead of being left in one spot under the table by trash can as I left it. I have never in all my travels encountered such awful service. I guess I was expected to take my trash with me and wash their towels. Unbelievable. I was then sent pics by the manager to confirm. Yes, it confirmed that their were dirty towels left by the toilet in restroom, boxes and trash by the trash can and some packing material that fell out of boxes. Oh sorry, also I did not clean up the kitchen counter before leaving, Incredible!!!!!!! If you stay here, make sure you bring a broom and cleaning items so that you may not be charged for cleaning services which you did not even benefit of during your stay.

• Disliked — Management, taken advantage of
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Shelton, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

For a modest price, this hotel provides free internet access, a full kitchen, free washer and dryer, free movies to borrow, free coffee, a convenience store, and a great staff. HOWEVER, you need to stay at least 4 nights and the beds are awful for more than one person. They are 5 inchess from a wall and impossible to get in that side without crawling over another person or having them get up. Even the maids complain about how hard it is to make the bed. With so much positive, the beds are a serious negative.

• Liked — All the freebes
  • Disliked — The beds were awful
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Candlewood Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!