“2 day stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lutz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The rate was good including breakfast. Pictures were deceiving. This is a very tired hotel. First red flag, diry entryway. First thing I check is for bedbugs. Second red flag. Gym is 2 machines, no weights. That was the third red flag. No HBO. Air conditioner did not work right. Stayed one night out of three. Moved to the Hilton. A hundred times better.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was not a pleasant one. Since your stay in June we have upgraded our television channel selection to include more channels, but we have always provided HBO and need to look into why it was not available on the television in your room. Thank you for the suggestion to provide more types of work out equipment. The room air conditioners are routinely serviced throughout the summer months , but I apologize that it was not working well during your stay. I will address these concerns with the managers of mantinence and housekeeping immediatley and take steps to improve in these areas.Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve.
Palestine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed two nights for a conference. All in all Wingate is good value for the room rate. I did experience a rather unpleasant surprise when I pulled back my sheets and the sheets had obviously not been changed. I asked the front desk clerk to come and inspect it and she did and immediately changed me to another room and also sent a young man down to help me relocate my luggage. The room she relocated me to was clean. The food at the conference was exceptionally good. The property could use some basic upgrading. The microphones cut in and out and it was terribly distracting. Managements response was the connections in the michs were loose and they tried to tape the batteries in place but it did no good. This could be a real deal breaker for conferences so I hope they get this resolved properly and soon. I have attended meetings here several times over the years and it appears some measures need to be taken to restore Wingate to a higher level of customer experience as in years past.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your business and for taking the time to alert us on the issues encountered that were not satisfactory during your visit both in the guestroom and conference center.
We certainly want to provide an excellent environment for meetings to run smoothly and are currentlly upgrading the sound system in the conference center. It seems that we did have a mishap with some new equipment and we are correcting that problem.I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the catered meals during your conference. Thank you again for your comments we want and need our guest's feedback and I assure you that the matters brought to our attention will be remedied .