“OK Hotel. Clean room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Lakeland, Florida
“OK Hotel. Clean room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very nice staff and a clean room. The hotel must have at one time permitted smoking the odor was still quite strong by the curtains. Breakfast selection was extensive and included my favorite (Bacon). It is by the interstate so you will hear the traffic all night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham on your recent trip to Round Rock. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We will certainly replace or professionaly clean the curtains in the room that you were in. We apologize for the unpleasant oder.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Feeling frustrated after being on the road for 6 hours, I just wanted to check into my room and go to bed. Upon walking into the Hotel, I was greeted by Wanda, the Front Desk clerk. Wanda made me feel instantly welcomed. I can't remember a time that I was made to feel that I was the only customer that mattered. In fact by day 2, I felt we were old friends. (I hope you are still working there next year when I come back for the Soap Convention). Was it her professionalism, her fantastic smile or bubbly personality? I am not sure. One thing I do know is Wingate by Wyndham in Round Rock, Texas has a "real gift".

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for acknowledging our front desk agent Wanda. She has such a friendly way of interacting with our customers.I am glad that she made your stay a memorable one. The Lone Star Soap and Toiletries Convention is an annual event and one of our very favorites. We look forward to seeing you all next year if not sooner.
Thank you again!
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nice hotel, pleasant staff. Breakfast excellant. Only problem we experienced was with the ice machines. When we first arrived the ice machine on our floor did not work but we could use another machine on the ground floor later in our stay the ground floor ice machine stopped working so there were no ice machines working in the hotel. the front desk sent one of their people over to the conference center to bring us back a bucket of ice which we appreciated. The carpet is so loose on the third floor that it is a tripping hazard, it needs to be fixed or replaced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock. We apologize for the inconvenience of the ice machine not working during your four day stay with us and we appeciate your patience.We have replaced the ice machine on the top floor and repaired the ground floor machine. We are replacing all of the hall carpeting very soon.Please visit us again.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here over a confrence, the confrence center is great 10 thumbs up to the front desk agents not to mention Moncie she is an extrordinarry expert in customer service.John that tries so hard but still a little confused =)
The one issue that got to me is the breakfast area, I think it should be mandatory that the breakfast attendant wears a hair cap and gloves. and the little girl helping the breakfast lady should be checked on. Does she have a healtk card..just a concern from my part..other than that wingate you are so good to me.

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your business and for writing the review of your stay.I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the conference center for your event.Thank you for acknowledging our front desk staff and for your suggestions regarding the breakfast staff.
Round Rock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I have stayed at a lot of Wyndham hotels so I booked thinking it would be of similar good quality. I was wrong, the hotel is severely outdated, the hallway had a large divot in it that we tripped over and the air felt wet from the window units. The bed was not comfortable at all and the shower head was barely hanging on for dear life. The water pressure varied from a trickle to power washer pressure. The staff was the only saving grace as they were kind, respectful and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Wynhdam brand for your recent trip to Round Rock. I am sorry that you were dissapointed in the decor and the conditiion of the hallway carpet. These are on our list for replacement . Thank you for your business and I hope that you will consider a return visit in the future

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock? Share your experiences!