“Customer service was great in all aspects of your business...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Round Rock

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cedar Hill, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel was being remodeled durning my stay so that's a big part of my low score. The staff was very nice, the room was big and clean which is great, but the halls and elevator area smelled like mildew. The room across from me had horrible construction notice while I was trying to rest in the afternoon during a break from my meeting. The pool was green and no one dared get in it. The gym was closed for remodeled so had to go across the street the fitness center which I don't recommend walking over in the evenings alone...a little scary. This hotel is far from Austin airport so rental required and the hotel doesn't have any shuttle service. The only thing with the staff is sometimes I couldn't tell who was staff because of their dress since some did wear a uniform or name tag and others didn't seem to. The wifi in the room was really slow and spotty and the a/c was really loud. The bartender was really nice and took care of our group. Maybe once the hotel is completely remodeled I would consider staying again but not before...sorry! Just not what I am a custom to when staying at Wyndham properties.

Room Tip: Request a room that's not by the elevator or vending machines...a little loud.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear recent guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thourough review of our hotel and your experience here.We are working diligently to complete our fitness and guest laundry room and we do appreciate the patience of our guests during this time. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the lounge.We are fortunate to have a friendly staff and we hope that we are able to provide good customer service. With the execption of some management all employees should be in uniform including name tags. I will look into that issue.We will be more aware of the freshness of the elevator and hallways. Due to unseasonal rains lately our pool will require extra attention to keep it correctly maintained each day.I am sorry that during your stay the pool needed attention.
We sincerely appreciate your business and your comments are taken to heart.I hope that you will consider the Wingate again soon, I promise a better stay next time.
Denton, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

the room was big with couch and king size bed. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The menu was very large for room service with decent prices. The breakfast bar was one of the best I've seen. It had waffle maker, eggs, fried potatoes, bacon, oatmeal, bagels, fruit.... I'd highly recommend this hotel. Nightly price was best in area too.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
I am so happy to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Wingate Round Rock with future guests. One of our goals is to offer the best breakfast possible for our guests and we are increasing the variety of our menu to include delicious and healthy selections.
Thank you for mentioning that you enjoyed the breakfast . Please visit us again soon.
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is our first stay at the Wingate in Round Rock. The room was recently remodeled. It was very quiet and comfortable. We selected this hotel based on our experience in Grapevine, TX. Now we have two locations to have good clean rooms.
Thanks Robin at Wingate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock? Share your experiences!