“Dog friendly and great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X Points HHonors Weekend
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
arlington
“Dog friendly and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

This is a great place to stay when visiting the RR or Austin area. I love that i can take my dog and that they are so accomidating. The staff goes above and beyond all expectations. I have stayed here many times for business and leisure and it never fails to be a perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

I think Hamptons should be three star... they are always so nice clean and comfortable, in my opinion. The breakfast is a nice touch, if you like cereal/fruit/continental fare. Not bad for $99/night... the hotel gym is pretty lame, but you get what you pay for.

Stayed November 2008
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

I stayed for one night while on business. The room was small, but comfortable. I had issues with the internet connection in the room and had to call the 800 support number who was finally able to get me connected.

The goods: The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the breakfast area was very nice- above average free breakfast. Staff was friendly, pool area looked nice.

The bads: No fridge, small room.

Very convenience to Dell headquarters and several restaurants. All in all I would say a very good hotel for business. I would recommend to others.

Stayed April 2008
Reston, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

I really don't see why people rated this hotel high. I'm here for business for 2 weeks and am sitting in my room right now, and it is not that great.

First, there is NO RESTAURANT and NO ROOM SERVICE at the hotel. How annoying is that? Whever you want food, you have to leave the hotel. It's not a big deal to go out a few times, but to have to leave the hotel for every meal is very annoying.

Second, the people at the front desk are morons. I scheduled a wake up call from them at 7am and I didn't get a call... 2 nights in a row! Luckily, I set my cell phone alarm, otherwise I would have been screwed.

Third, the big AC unit is right next to the work desk. This is annoying because you have two options. One, keep the AC off and endure a hot hotel room while you work. Two, keep the AC on and deal with air blowing in your face and freeze your @ss off. Very annoying.

Fourth, the breakfast is not that great. True, it is free and they have good variety, but it's just not that good. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I enjoy a good breakfast with real eggs and potatoes. The fruit is out of a can and the eggs are microwaved. Bagels, cereal, toast, and muffins are good. But I'd rather pay for a nice breakfast than get an okay one for free.

On the bright side, the room is very clean, beds are very comfortable (I slept like a baby), and the bathroom and kitchenette are nice. The free internet is also very convenient. However, the cons outweigh the pros. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2007

This is my first time to stay at a Hampton Inn and I was quite impressed. We transferred here from a night at the Hilton Garden Inn in the Austin Arboretum area. As soon as we entered the lobby, what a different experience! The front desk person was really friendly and we got checked in with no hassles.

The bed was way more comfortable than the Hilton Garden Inn (but not as nice as the Doubletree beds). The bedsheets though were super-soft! I liked how the comforter slipped into a linen-case. This means that the linen-case is most likely laundered each time a guest checks out. The down pillows were nice and none of the feathers stuck out like at the more expensive 4-star Omni Hotel downtown Austin. Also the room we got had a walk-in shower instead of a tub. Plus points for that because we both prefer showers over baths.

The included breakfast was nice. Nothing like the Embassy Suites, but at least it meant we didn't have to rush out of the hotel in the morning to get something to eat.

I was disappointed though that there was no wireless internet. There was however wired internet was included so I can't complain. I liked the laptop desk which allowed me to surf comfortably in bed (via a 3G mobile phone connection). All in all, I was pretty impressed and will now consider Hampton Inns in the future. My SO has stayed in a lot of Hampton Inns for business and he said this hotel was was right on par with the brand.

It's located near the highway and a few exits away from the Round Rock Outlet Mall. There was also a really good Carribean restaurant called Cafe Mangu nearby (15200 FM 1825, Pflugerville, TX).

The first night, we walked over to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. It's in the same parking lot.

We will stay here again. I have to say for this trip, we spent the weekend mostly shopping. Otherwise if you plan to visit downtown Austin, I would not recommend this hotel due to its location.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, proximity to shopping
  • Disliked — No wireless internet
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

I received an $89 rate on the hotel website. The room, especially the bed was very nice. The lobby is very clean and the complimentary breakfast had a really nice selection. The only downside was the water pressure was lacking in the morning.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — The water pressure
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2007

My husband, daughter and I stayed here and found it to be a very comfortable experience. The breakfast bar was excellent. Food was pleasantly displayed, efficiently arranged, and everything was very good tasting. Our room was nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was very roomy and towels plush. We would recommend it to anyone staying in the Austin area.

Stayed May 2007

Been to Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock? Share your experiences!