“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Coupland, Texas
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband, son and I stayed in Round Rock over the July 4th weekend, since we live about 30 miles from Austin, TX in a very small town, we thought it would be fun to have a mini-staycation and to see the fireworks at Old Settlers Park. After reading the reviews for this Hampton Inn, one of which suggested asking for a room on the Dell Way side, as opposed to facing I-35, was very helpful. Check in was easy and the clerk was very friendly, and we got a coupon for Joe's Crab Shack next door which was great. The only thing that I was dissapointed in was that the pictures on their website show a hot tub outside by the pool, however, at some point they cemented over it and have a table and chairs on it now.....but overall the stay was great. The breakfast selections were wonderful. It's not a 5 star hotel, but for a short stay, its very nice and comfortable. We will recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Round Rock.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Glad you and your family choose us for your mini-staycation during the 4th of July! I apologize for no longer having the hot tub available to guest. It was becoming a bit troublesome for the property so the choice was made to permnanently close it down. I will surely follow-up about it still being posted on our website. Thank you for recommending us to other traveler's to the area. We would love to have you back with us the next time you are in the mood to get away for a moment. Best wishes from all of us here at Hampton Inn Round Rock!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My little girl's softball team had a softball tournament in Taylor and since there weren't that many hotels in Taylor, we selected the Hampton Inn. Although it was 30 minutes drive from Taylor, I am glad we chose this hotel. Check in was a quick and the employees were friendly and courteous. The room was very clean and the decor was nice & simple. The beds were comfortable. They weren't too soft or too hard but just right. It is quiet although it is located right next to the freeway. Once you were inside the hotel, you couldn't hear the traffic at all. It is located next to Dell's headquarter so it is walking distance for those business travelers conducting business with Dell. Breakfast was included and there were enough variety to please all. There were hot food such as the ready to eat omelette, tator tots, saugage links or you can choose to make your own waffles. The hot food selections for the second day was sausages and eggs, cheese, bacon bits on top of a toasted bun which was very tasty. Of course, there are fruits, cereals, pastries, juices, ect. to choose from too. We needed more towels and the front desk staff were happy to get them for us. After a long day of tournament in the hot sun, the girls were ready for a dip in the pool. Although the pool closes at 11 p.m., they were able to swim till midnight. The hotel is well insulated from outside noises so you can't hear them once you were inside. Overall, it was a very nice stay and I would recommend it to other travelers for business or otherwise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing our property to stay at while attending your daughter's softball tournament! It is definitely that time of year again for sports here in the Central Texas area and we absolutely love having teams and parents stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock!! So glad that you noticed our attempt at providing a big variety of food options during our complimentary breakfast every morning. We've even been experimenting with our furniture arrangement to better maximize our space when teams are on property! Your comfort and satisfaction is our main priority! Hope to have you back with us same time next year! Best wishes and good luck at your next tournamnet...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a great experience here. Nice clean hotel, clean rooms with comfy beds. Air conditioning was nice and cold. Pool was a bit smaller than pictured but since we were there during the week we were the only ones occupying it and the kids still enjoyed themselves. Hot tub has been filled in and closed.

Would definately recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling with your family! I am expecially please to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms here at that Hampton Inn Round Rock!! The entire thanks you for your gracious comments on Trip Advisor and would like to welcome you and the entire family back to our hotel the very next time you are passing through Austin!` Best Wishes from all of us here at the Hampton Inn...
Rothenburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed for one night last weekend .. In an accessible room with our small dog. From check in to check out the service was fabulous. This is a beautiful, clean property. April, at the front desk, was very welcoming & friendly. She also alerted me later to a possible problem with my car & I was able to correct it. I appreciated that she took the time & effort to call me. Outstanding service.
We can't wait to return. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Well first I will say that it is always a joy to have guest and their pets stay with us!! We all enjoy pets of our own and truly appreciate other people and places that value them as well. Next, I would like to say that your great comments about April's service comes at the perfect time as she is the newest member to our team here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock. It's reviews like yours that reinforce her desire to work within the hospitatlity industry and that will only guarantee that the next guest has another great experience with us! Looking forward to your return to our property... have a great summer from all of us here at the Hampton Inn...
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I spent two nights at the Hampton Inn recently. My daughter plays on a select softball team, so Hotel stays are part of the deal. I can say that the Hampton Inn was the most welcoming. The beds were not your usual "Hotel" bed. They were plush and very comfortable. It was QUIET- and there were lots of softball and baseball teams staying there that weekend.
The "free" breakfast was Wonderful! There was such a variety-all the kids were happy and the adults commented on the Healty vartiey that was offered as well. The staff was there to meet all you needs and Most importanlty- this hotel was SPOTLESS. Kuddos to the cleaning staff! What a wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you very much! It's not very often that I get to read such a gracious review from a member of one of the many teams that stay with us on the weekends!! As a fellow parent with a child that competes athletically on the weekends, I know that challenges that teams face at hotels and we aren't always easy to please!! Reading your review brought about a huge smile on my face to know that we "hit a home run" during your stay! Afterall, Round Rock has easily become the sports capitol of Texas, so our teams mean the world to us and having them choose us every year is what we aim to accomplish. Also, the housekeeping team says "You're welcome" for noticing how hard they work to keep the building clean even with 5 out of 7 nights being sold out for our property. It is not an easy job to accomplish when there is very little downtime for the hotel! Last but not least, our wonderful Director of Sales appreciates your business and wants to remind you to reach out to her as soon as you know the dates of your next tournament so we can get your reservations taken care of in time! Our entire team wishes you the very best in the next city you travel to for competition! From all of us here at the Hampton Inn-Round Rock...
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

What a great location! Close to work (Dell, Emerson, etc.) with a shuttle that will drive you to work (so, if you are sharing a rental car, this is a very handy service). There are restaurants in walking distance (i.e. Macaroni Grill, Joe's Crab Shack, etc.) If you need "supplies" for you room there is a Super Wal-Mart nearby can be walked or its a very short drive.

The common area space is well divided to allow co-workers to meet and not be disruptive to others. The rooms are spacious and the bed very comfortable (yes, there is a frig). The down side of the room layout is not limited to this Hampton.... the desk is right in front of the AC!! The bright side of this location is that the desk is on wheels. The desk can be rolled back, out of the way of the blowing air, which gives you a better (farther away) view of the flat screen. And lastly, the STAFF.... they just couldn't be any nicer or more helpful. No matter what you might need, they are willing to go the extra mile without hesitation (i.e., bring extra hangers up to my room, securing a work space in the lobby for myself and my colleagues or offering ice cream or water on an overly hot day). I

I know I will be back in the area and I know this Hampton will once again be my home away from home!! Thank you to everyone at the Hampton Inn Round Rock.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing us while in the area for business and glad to know that we could accomodate you in several ways! We strive to make every aspect of your stay a positive experience. Also, please join us for our Manager's reception on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-7pm. We've been hosting it for just a few months but it's popularity is growing enough for us to consider holding it more than once a week!! As always, we appreciate your business and look forward to having you with us again in the near future... best wishes during your future travels.
Qiryat Ono, HaMerkaz, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been there as part of a business trip
This hotel gave me the comfortable I needed; the staff was very nice and friendly
Breakfast is very basic but enough. Its location was excellent for my business purposes

Room Tip: ask for the rooms with view fo "Dell Way" to avoid the noise from the highway