“Nice and cozy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Qiryat Ono, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Nice and cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been there as part of a business trip
This hotel gave me the comfortable I needed; the staff was very nice and friendly
Breakfast is very basic but enough. Its location was excellent for my business purposes

Room Tip: ask for the rooms with view fo "Dell Way" to avoid the noise from the highway
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Greetings and I do apologize for the delayed respose to your very gracious email. I'm very pleased to hear that we could offer the perfect accomodations here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock, while you were in the area for business! Thank you for the great comments and please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Austin/Round Rock area. Have a great summer from all of us here at the Hampton Inn!

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stay here often when I am in Round Rock. It is convenient, clean, the staff is very friendly and always doing all they can to assist and anticipate what I need next. The breakfast is well prepared and the staff assists in helping me get my choices to my table. It is better and easier than being at home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We can't thank you enough for your gracious comments!! I immediately shared them with my entire staff and they were so appreciative to know that all their extra effort has not gone unnoticed with our guest! We thank you for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock and would love to have you back anytime so just reach out to us when you're ready to make your next reservation... Best wishes on all you your future travels!
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent Hampton Inn experience. Delivers beyond what I expected. Decor is very up to date and modern. Rooms are quite comfortable and spacious. The staff was very professional and friendly.

Best part was the pet friendly experience. We were able to bring our dog and no charge or deposit was required or even asked. We called ahead to make sure and were told that provided our dog was under 50 lbs. they were happy to have us.

We had a great two night stay and will probably book again. Can't beat the location and the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you a million times over for your great comments and we are always happy to welcome your 4 legged family members! Please continue to consider us again when staying in the area and don't forget to ask the front desk for those pet treats when you are checking-in! Thanks again from the entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock location...
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Reading the other reviews makes me wonder how many were sponsored by Hilton. This hotel is really run down. Contrary to what is written in the other reviews, there was no complimentary water when I checked in, there is no oven in the room and the pool is broken. The rooms have not been updated since the 80's. Remember dirty white-wash and distressed gunpowder wood?

The location is near a Joe's Crab Shack and Macaroni Grill but there are no other restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is really hard to get to. Although it is just off of I35 there is no close exit so expect 2-4 miles of side streets. Find Mayes Road on a map at use it to get there.

The wireless network is weak, I am reconnecting every 5 minutes and can't stream video.

Parking is very tight and a huge semi was parked in the lot every night we were there. This one truck took up about 10 parking places which pushed people into the Joe's Crab Shack parking. There are signs that you will be towed in that lot but lots of people were using it.

No ice machines on floor 1, 2 and 6. Lot's of kids running around, it was still noisy after midnight. The elevators were really slow (you could hear the alarms going off because they were being held).

The second night we were there we saw that they had put water in the pool. When we called the front desk to see if it was opening there was no answer. Called again...no answer. Called again and finally got an answer from someone that was obviously put out that they had to answer the phone. We asked if the pool was open, got a short "no". "Is it going to open"? "Don't know". When we went to the front desk to ask in person we were told we could go to another Hilton property and use their pool, only "tell them first so they can call over". Really? Pack a beach bag and drive to another hotel? How about if we just stay there instead?

After our first night, I was calling around for another hotel in Round Rock. Unfortunately, everything was booked. I average over 100 hotel nights a year and most Hampton Inns are much nicer than this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Day from the Hampton Inn Round Rock and thank you for the very detailed review that provided us with great feedback in regards to our service and building condition. I do apologize for your less than satisfactory experience and do wish that I would have had the opportunity to speak with you directly during your stay with us. Given the opportunity, I'm sure the entire staff and I would have done all we could to better your stay experience with us.

While appearing older and outdated, our property was fortunate enough to be renovated just a few years ago and continues to be improved whenever possible. I am sorry for the un-timeliness of our pool improvement project while you were here but our pool surface was being redone and should look great for years to come! And trust us, it will see many days of use with the hot Texas summer now upon us! This is now sports tournament season for the Round Rock area, Sports capitol of Texas, so that would explain how full we were and continue to be each and every weekend.

As for our location, we do share our parking with the Joe's Crab-Shack nearby and it serves us very well with the amount of transient guest that we receive because we are located right off Interstate 35. It’s a great mix of business for our property and makes for 3-4 nights of being sold out per week. I would surely appreciate having you back to stay with us if the opportunity were to ever arise again. Please consider staying with us one more time and directly reach out to us when you are ready to place that reservation! On behalf of the property, thank you again for your patronage and we wish you the best in all your future travels...
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed for one night. Very nice rooms, clean, roomy and very well appointed. Everything one expects from this chain. But the employee that checked us in was not really rude, and yet not polite. Might have been on something. her behavior made my girlfriend and I a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Greetings from the Hampton Inn Austin/Round Rock! Thank you for the considerate and gracious remarks about our property and for letting us know that we succeeded at providing our guest with an experience consistent with other Hamptons. In addition, I do want to apologize for the service experience you had at check-in with one of our team members. May I ask if you would please contact me here at the hotel so that we can visit further about your encounter. Talking with you will help me identify the exact person at the front desk during your check-in and allow me to address the issue at hand. Again, forgive the lapse in service on behalf of our hotel, we would gladly welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again...

Kindest Regards,
the Hampton Inn Round Rock Team
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My room was clean and the Staff was helpful when there was no shuttle to attend a meeting on my last day. They arranged and paid for my Taxi. Only complaint was the I could hear the room next to me through the walls.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It was definitely our pleasure to have you stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Austin/Round Rock location. And I am even more pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you when assistance was needed! My staff and I aren't always made aware of the difference that we were able to make during someone's stay so it's a treat to be able to read about it on Trip Advisor!! We would love to have you back as soon as you are in the area again so please don't hesitate to schedule your very next stay with us... Best Regards,
Team Hampton Inn Round Rock!!
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great staff & quiet accommodations. I enjoyed the breakfast, which offered a little different menu the second day. Our room had a refrigerator, oven & a coffee maker. Duvet covers are used here, which have been washed for each visit. Nice!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRoundRock, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn, thank you so much for the great Trip Advisor review!! It really made our day and is a great morale booster for my team going into another very busy weekend for all of us here in Round Rock. Please return to our property as soon as you can and let us know what we can do to make your next stay better than your last!! Best wisher from all of us here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock...

Been to Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock? Share your experiences!