“Nice place, odd staff member...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points HHonors Weekend
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Austin, Texas
“Nice place, odd staff member...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed for one night. Very nice rooms, clean, roomy and very well appointed. Everything one expects from this chain. But the employee that checked us in was not really rude, and yet not polite. Might have been on something. her behavior made my girlfriend and I a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Greetings from the Hampton Inn Austin/Round Rock! Thank you for the considerate and gracious remarks about our property and for letting us know that we succeeded at providing our guest with an experience consistent with other Hamptons. In addition, I do want to apologize for the service experience you had at check-in with one of our team members. May I ask if you would please contact me here at the hotel so that we can visit further about your encounter. Talking with you will help me identify the exact person at the front desk during your check-in and allow me to address the issue at hand. Again, forgive the lapse in service on behalf of our hotel, we would gladly welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again...

Kindest Regards,
the Hampton Inn Round Rock Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My room was clean and the Staff was helpful when there was no shuttle to attend a meeting on my last day. They arranged and paid for my Taxi. Only complaint was the I could hear the room next to me through the walls.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It was definitely our pleasure to have you stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Austin/Round Rock location. And I am even more pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you when assistance was needed! My staff and I aren't always made aware of the difference that we were able to make during someone's stay so it's a treat to be able to read about it on Trip Advisor!! We would love to have you back as soon as you are in the area again so please don't hesitate to schedule your very next stay with us... Best Regards,
Team Hampton Inn Round Rock!!
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great staff & quiet accommodations. I enjoyed the breakfast, which offered a little different menu the second day. Our room had a refrigerator, oven & a coffee maker. Duvet covers are used here, which have been washed for each visit. Nice!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRoundRock, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn, thank you so much for the great Trip Advisor review!! It really made our day and is a great morale booster for my team going into another very busy weekend for all of us here in Round Rock. Please return to our property as soon as you can and let us know what we can do to make your next stay better than your last!! Best wisher from all of us here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice hotel, located right off the freeway, lots of restaurants to eat at, easy travel to downtown Austin. Would recommend this to anyone who drives to Austin, to go to the motor sports events at Circuit of Americas, cheaper then staying in downtown Austin, located right off the exit to go to the 130 to get to the race track.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Austin area! Everyone on our staff loved your positve comments about our hotel!! We would appreciate having you stay here at the Hampton Inn in the very near future so please reach out to us for your next reservation. Kindest Regards...
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the worst Hampton I've even experienced. It is badly in need of a renovation. it's dirty, the rooms are dark and full of old-fashioned CFL lights that give a harsh and unpleasant light. The AC was noisy. The carpet in the rooms and the halls is badly in need of replacement. And the pool was chock full of birds and their associated droppings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you again for making us aware of the issues that you encountered while staying at our property here at Hampton Inn Round Rock. As this is the 3rd review that we have received concerning your stay, I would like to ask if you please contact me directly here at the hotel so that we can speak further about your stay experiences. I trust that you received my previous emails responses via the Hilton website and our Service Counts website? Please rest assured, we have addressed each issue at the property level that we are able to impact – even to go as far as cut down one of the trees near our pool area which attracts a great number of birds migrating through the area. The noisy A/C simply needed a little lubricant to correct the mechanical noise you encountered and I have forwarded your recommendations about being in need of a property "refresh" to our owners. I do look forward to finally visiting with you once we are able to connect and I do hope that the concessions you've received via the Hilton are to your satisfaction as an Hilton Honors member? Our hotel team is sincerely apologetic for your displeasure and regretful that we did not get the opportunity to address these issues while you were still on property with us. We would like to invite you to return one day and do wish you the very best during your upcoming travels...
Peoria, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a marginal quality hotel that is missing some of the basic amenities and has an apathetic front desk staff. The Spa has been removed and the property has no laundry facilities. The front desk sends guests over to the nearby Homewood Suites. Rooms are acceptable but some of the air conditioners are fairly loud. Better off to book at the Homewood Suites and save the walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Greetings and thank you for staying with us while in the Austin/Round Rock area! And please forgive me for missing your review that was submitted in April of this year! I must have overlooked it amongst the many reviews that we've received as of late! I do regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations as a limited service hotel. And I am sorry that we had to close our hot as it was becoming more of a hindrance for our property. As for the laundry facilities, it is a guest amenity that we've wanted to incorporate into our building and will eventually find the best location for the hotel! Lastly, thank you for mentioning our sister property, the nearby Homewood Suites. It is also a wonderful property and we are very fortunate to have them close by guest support when needed! I do hope that we are better suited to accommodate you the next time you choose to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock!! Best wishes...
Ft. Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay in this Hampton several times a year, as my business is based out of Ft. Worth. Not only do they offer very reasonable rates they also excellent guest services. Each and every time I stay I am greeted and attended to promptly. Their staff goes above and beyond to make your stay not only comfortable but welcomed. Most of my business is in Ausitn but the consistent hospitality provided by Hampton and their staff convinces me to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for the great comments and for choosing us each time you are conducting business in the area. Please make sure to join us for the manager's reception on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-7pm for all of our guest. We provide complimentary food and beverage items for all of our wonderful guests during that evening. Just a small token of our appreciation for our wonderful Hampton patrons!!

Been to Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock? Share your experiences!