“What a mess!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Atlanta, Georgia
“What a mess!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the worst Hampton I've even experienced. It is badly in need of a renovation. it's dirty, the rooms are dark and full of old-fashioned CFL lights that give a harsh and unpleasant light. The AC was noisy. The carpet in the rooms and the halls is badly in need of replacement. And the pool was chock full of birds and their associated droppings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you again for making us aware of the issues that you encountered while staying at our property here at Hampton Inn Round Rock. As this is the 3rd review that we have received concerning your stay, I would like to ask if you please contact me directly here at the hotel so that we can speak further about your stay experiences. I trust that you received my previous emails responses via the Hilton website and our Service Counts website? Please rest assured, we have addressed each issue at the property level that we are able to impact – even to go as far as cut down one of the trees near our pool area which attracts a great number of birds migrating through the area. The noisy A/C simply needed a little lubricant to correct the mechanical noise you encountered and I have forwarded your recommendations about being in need of a property "refresh" to our owners. I do look forward to finally visiting with you once we are able to connect and I do hope that the concessions you've received via the Hilton are to your satisfaction as an Hilton Honors member? Our hotel team is sincerely apologetic for your displeasure and regretful that we did not get the opportunity to address these issues while you were still on property with us. We would like to invite you to return one day and do wish you the very best during your upcoming travels...

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Peoria, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a marginal quality hotel that is missing some of the basic amenities and has an apathetic front desk staff. The Spa has been removed and the property has no laundry facilities. The front desk sends guests over to the nearby Homewood Suites. Rooms are acceptable but some of the air conditioners are fairly loud. Better off to book at the Homewood Suites and save the walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Greetings and thank you for staying with us while in the Austin/Round Rock area! And please forgive me for missing your review that was submitted in April of this year! I must have overlooked it amongst the many reviews that we've received as of late! I do regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations as a limited service hotel. And I am sorry that we had to close our hot as it was becoming more of a hindrance for our property. As for the laundry facilities, it is a guest amenity that we've wanted to incorporate into our building and will eventually find the best location for the hotel! Lastly, thank you for mentioning our sister property, the nearby Homewood Suites. It is also a wonderful property and we are very fortunate to have them close by guest support when needed! I do hope that we are better suited to accommodate you the next time you choose to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock!! Best wishes...
Ft. Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay in this Hampton several times a year, as my business is based out of Ft. Worth. Not only do they offer very reasonable rates they also excellent guest services. Each and every time I stay I am greeted and attended to promptly. Their staff goes above and beyond to make your stay not only comfortable but welcomed. Most of my business is in Ausitn but the consistent hospitality provided by Hampton and their staff convinces me to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for the great comments and for choosing us each time you are conducting business in the area. Please make sure to join us for the manager's reception on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-7pm for all of our guest. We provide complimentary food and beverage items for all of our wonderful guests during that evening. Just a small token of our appreciation for our wonderful Hampton patrons!!
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Location is not that great, it is difficult to get to from I-35, I passed the exit several times because you have to exit so far before. The lobby and my room were very clean but the first day I go there, it sounded like someone was building a house in the room next door. I heard screw guns and hammers. I called he front desk and they had no idea if it was a maid or contractor and what. The lady at the front desk called me back about 30 minutes later and asked if it had stopped, she didnt say what it was or apologize or anything.

I will not be staying here again, the staff was not very friendly and my room didnt get cleaned the shle time I was there. I got back to my room at 6:00 and the maid came by trying to clean at that time. NO!! Should have been done before 5:00.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I do appreciate you choosing to stay at our property here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock! And would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered while staying with us. Our location can present a challenge for anyone visiting for the first time but you are welcome to contact the front desk the next time you are headed our direction so recommend an easier route. As for the noise, that was simply our team hard at work with upgrading a few of our rooms so that our guests are better satisfied when they choose to stay with us! We have been extremely busy for this time of year and I apologize if our team was behind on the schedule for that day. We try to accommodate the many requests for later check outs from our guests and they can occasionally delay our completion time. Please visit us again if you travel to the Austin/Round Rock area again...
Chicagoland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We are HHonors gold members so Hampton hotels are our #1 choice in stays. This Hampton was a 1st stay for us and did not disappoint. Checking in 2 hours early worked out great for us since we ended up not returning until 11:30pm from our visit with friends, sightseeing and dinner. The 20oz bottles of waters was a very nice welcome so kudos for that! Breakfast was very good as expected. The room was quiet and comfy and the fridge and microwave were nice. Being on the top floor was exactly what we wanted and the end result was a nice quiet night of good sleep so thanks Round Rock for the great experience. We will not hesitate to stay again if we visit our friends in Austin again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive affirmations and please continue to choose us whenever you might find yourself in the Austin/Round Rock area again! We do appreciate all of our returning guests and enjoy getting to know each of them better so that we can tailor their stay with us so that they are never disappointed!
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stay overnight in Round Rock area once a week. The Hampton on Dell Way is by far the best place I have found! I am always treated like a king. Every staff member is friendly and courteous and is willing to go out of their way to make sure my night away from home is as good as it can be. I will not stay anywhere else in town. You have made me a happy, loyal customer!

Room Tip: Simply book your reservation! I have stayed on every floor....all the rooms are the same. Quality an...