“Nice hotel - but bring your own hotspot” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points HHonors Weekend
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Nice hotel - but bring your own hotspot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Room is clean - one day one of a four day stay here. Bed is comfy - bonus points for a pull out sleeper bed in our room for the little man...

Negative - and a big one if you're here on business...the internet is literally less than .25mb down. Yes you read that right - It's so bad I just broke down and used my phone as a hot spot - there's no use in trying to use the "free wifi" because it's pretty much useless. Aggravating to pay for a room - and even the wired connection is so slow (.52mb down) - and still have to go to starbucks to work!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HamptonRoundRock, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor and for sharing the highs and 1 low of your stay with us! I do apologize for the inconvenience of our slower than usual Wi-Fi service here on property. We've been at capacity for almost 2 straight weeks because of local events that include: the Annual SXSW Music and Film festival, Spring Break, High School Basketball tournaments and Austin Rodeo! While this is great for our hotel it also may have helped cause your wireless internet delay during your stay with us. I've been in contact with our internet provider since reading your review to see if there is anything that can be done to help remedy the issue from their end. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and rest assured that I'm checking with our guest daily as I come across them working on their computers in our hotel lobby. Wireless connectivity is just as important as a good cup of coffee to all business and leisure travelers! I do hope that you continue to choose the Hampton Inn Round Rock when visiting this area... All the best on your future travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

My business trip to the north area of Austin, TX was awesome and it began and ended with a wonderful experience at the Hampton Inn - Round Rock. My check in was speedy, I was greeted with a warm smile and a clean/inviting foyer. It is conveniently located and the room was great. Simple, comfortable and well worth the rate. This hotel is also located right off o of I-35 on the feeder and close to great shopping and food options. I will definitely stay here again for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Make sure that if you need a refrigerator that you ask, when checking in because all rooms don't...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Greetings and thank you very much from the Hampton Inn Round Rock, Texas for the wonderful comments! The entire staff here at our hotel is committed to making every guest stay with us, one to remember! Our location is surely one of a great convenience with Joe's Crab shack(literally!) just a few steps away and Romano's Macaroni Grill just across the street. And yes, having our hotel just off the I-35 feeder road makes for very easy access to our property after hours of traveling. Great shopping options are just a few exits away with the Round Rock Outlet Mall just four exits north of our location. We look forward to your next stay here at the Hampton Inn Round Rock and will strive to make it just as memorable as the first one!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed October 2nd for 5 nights on a buiness trip which at the best of times can be hard work. This hotel was ideal for my needs. The rooms are spacious and tidy, beds extreemly comfortable.
The free breakfast each morning was lovely, and the reception/dinning area is comfortable and welcoming.
The hotel does not have a bar but you can walk 100 yards across the carpark to Joes Crab shack, welcoming resturant and bar...
my room was facing the road but i did not suffer from noise at all.
The reception staff and all the hotel staff where very profession and helpful.
All in all a great stay, would recommend it to anyone on business in the Round Rock area.
thank you very much Hammpton Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
What wonderful compliments you have for our hotel and staff! We appreciate you taking the time to not only recommend us, but speak so highly of your time with us! Sharing a parking lot with Joe's Crab Shack makes it very convienent for our guests, I am glad that you had that as an option, especially with your busy work schedule. We hope your travels bring you back to Austin/Round Rock soon, we loved having you here!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is an excellent property for business stays; good location, very clean & comfortable remodeled rooms. The staff is outstanding; they always go above & beyond to make me feel welcome. I've had numerous stays here over the past 10 years and could not be more pleased. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel. Exceeding each guests' expectations before, during, and after their stay is our number one prioritry and we appreciate that you took the time to let us know we succeded.

We are excited to announce our new 24hr Virtual Concierge service which is now available to all guests 3 days prior to their arrival. Simply enter an email address when you book your reservation and let our virtual concierge do the rest!

Thank you again for taking the time to compliment our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. We love having you here!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had to fly into Austin for an unexpected meeting and had a reservation set up for the Hampton inn Round Rock.
This was by far the best Hampton I have stayed at in my many years of travel.
Excellent Service from all employees, as well as clean, warm, comfy beds, and a great breakfast.
Due to the unexpected departure from FL. The General Manger was more than happy to book me at a lower rate that was well worth the stay!
From reading previous comments via Trip Advisor before arriving, I was a little unsure due to a bed bug complaint, and by no means do i believe this hotel has such bugs.
This hotel is very much involved and on top of any maintenance or cleanliness issues and a will definitely be staying here next time I come to Austin. Thank You Hampton Inn!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
We LOVED having you here! Thank you for taking time to rave about our hotel and staff. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Austin/Round Rock area, we hope your travels bring you here again soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have HIGHLY enjoyed MANY stays at Hampton Inn Round Rock, Rooms and Beds are always fresh and clean, employees are very friendly and strive hard to accommodate all requests. I look forward to the Make you own waffles during breakfast, and the rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review of your stay at our hotel! We pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service and we are genuinely grateful that you went out of your way to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay here. I invite you and your family to return to the Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock. Thank you for choosing to be our guest. We loved having you here!!!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

BEWARE of room 215!!! The staff was nice & helpful. One of the elevator went out of serivce Saturday morning & was still out of service when we left on Sunday afternoon. The hotel had a lot of guest including our baseball team, which made the wait for one long & crowded when it did come. The breakfast egg mixture was yulk! Beacon, yulk! AND to top it off.... I returned home to later find out I have been eaten up by BED BUGS!!!! I went to the dr $$$, got meds $$$ & i'm going nuts with the itching!!!! and now have to worry about a secondary infection from the bites! I have the bites on my legs, up the arm, on side of my face & up to my forehead!! You can see the blood sucking trail they took. I will contact the health dept & media about your hotel and will include pictures to support my claim along with the medical bills. This weekend is a holiday weekend that I planned to spend with my family on the lake but will now have to limit because of the meds i'm on & the risk of infection. Last weekend cost me over $200 to say at this hotel & the expense has gone on this week with Dr bill & meds. Not to mention, I now have feelings of things crawling on me and it totally freaks me out!!! Thanks to my stay at your hotel, I now know what it feels like to have bed bugs bites! Ive attached a photo of just one of the spots they feasted on my blood. NOT GOOD!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. We are always grateful when a guest takes time out of their busy lives to provide us with feedback.

I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the elevator and disappointment you expressed regarding the eggs and bacon at breakfast. The complimentary breakfast we provide with each of our rooms includes a wide variety of breakfast items including a “make your own” waffle station, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit assortment, and hot items which rotate on a daily basis.

While we most certainly regret the health issues that you have experienced since your stay, and the stress associated with the entire situation, I am unable to substantiate your claim of encountering bed bugs within our hotel. We have conducted a thorough inspection of room 215, and did not find any evidence of bed bugs.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment about your stay. In today’s world a guest comment can make or break a future guest’s decision regarding lodging. It is our desire here at the Hampton Inn Austin -Round Rock to exceed each of our guest’s expectations whether it is their first stay or their 35th stay. While we were unable to accomplish this during your last stay, I personally invite you to return to the hotel and am confident that should you allow us another opportunity to do so, that we will not fall short.

Been to Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock? Share your experiences!