“Exceptional Customer Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
San Antonio, Texas
“Exceptional Customer Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We worked with Lee Barthelette at this hotel for several months in advance of a multi-room stay for a baseball team. She regularly checked on us and made sure all our bookings were going smoothly. Of course, we had people not meet the booking deadline and she, as well as the front desk staff assisted those booking late to make sure everyone was taken care of. The rooms were very roomy. Plenty of room for 5 boys and a coach. The families who stayed with a coach very very comfortable. We were able to get a group rate lower than a non-suite hotel with breakfast included and then the hotel also provided our team free pizza one evening. The only drawback to this hotel is that the pool is indoors and very steamy in Summer. Everyone we encountered at this hotel went out of their way to make our stay excellent and it was!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Brent H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Jennifer09876,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be forwarding your compliments onto Lee and also sharing them with our staff. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Round Rock area.

Brent H.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband stays in hotels for his work so on weekends I sometimes go stay with him. Usually he's in extended stay hotels which we prefer but they were all booked so he got stuck with this one. Unfortunately. The king room is tiny and cramped with a weird layout. The bed is super soft which caused both of us to roll towards the middle. The curtains don't really keep out any light from the parking lot. Friday night there were kids staying on the same floor as us. The kids thought it was great fun to run up and down the halls screaming and knocking on doors while their parents sat in the lobby getting drunk. Even after complaining to the front desk nothing changed. Thankfully, they checked out Sunday. The elevators are super slow even though it's only 4 floors. They have an indoor pool which would have been nice except it was so cloudy and gross looking we didn't want to try it. Breakfast was just okay according to my husband. The only thing I enjoyed about this hotel was the air conditioning. Hopefully he won't ever have to be in this hotel again and if so I'll stay home.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Lerc23,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We take feedback very seriously and use the information to deliver better service to our guests. We are working hard to address the issues that you mentioned in your review. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is actually damaging Marriotts brand. I was moved to different rooms on the night I checked into this hotel for different reasons. All but 2 bulbs were blown out - switches missing off the wall - A desk seat that was broken (in 2 different rooms) that put you eye level with the top of the desk. AC Units that rattled in both rooms and no shampoo the next morning. I have always had great luck with the Springhill brand and choose them for the space they offer. Close to 600 nights at Marriott and I have never checked out of one early....ever...until this one. I checked out and moved hotels (to another Marriott) and all was well. This hotel should be avoided and frankly, its easy to avoid it, there are a ton of other options all around it. Choose elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms in a different hotel are the rooms you need to choose - Every room at this location is a dog...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Englebert M,

I am very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We try to provide the level of service that our guests expect from Marriott facility and we failed in your case. We are reviewing the information from the rooms you stayed in to make sure that the issues that you had have been fixed and do not impact our future guests.

SpringHill Suites Round Rock
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Rooms are not conducive to working at the desk or reading on the sofa. The desk chair seat is very low, even at the highest setting. The light at the desk cannot be adjusted to reduce the glare on a computer screen. Only 1 lamp with a small wattage bulb at the end of the sofa in the living room. If you set on the other end of the sofa you cannot read a magazine or newspaper. Breakfast was so-so at best, scrambled eggs and bacon in warmers. No waffles and limited pastries. All of the rooms at this hotel are the same size, the only difference is whether the room has two double beds or a king bed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write the review. Our complimentary breakfast is on a rotating schedule, and the items vary depending on the day of the week. We do offer waffles on the weekends, but not on weekdays with a variety of delicious choices including cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and yogurt available daily.

We hope you give us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I chose this hotel based on the amenities and photos I was able to see on line. Everything was just as it appeared on line. Management staff was accommodating and friendly - even producing a cork screw when I requested one. The business area is more than adequate with plenty of space and light, and it's really nice to have a small microwave and fridge in the room. If I had one improvement to suggest, it would be the lighting over the bathroom sink - it's a bit dim for make up application. Nice room layout, beautiful colors - overall, just a really nice space. And it's really close to Rudy's BBQ - you can't ask for more than that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Kinepeli,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites in Round Rock! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area. Thank you for the suggestion about the mirror. We always look forward to hearing constructive feedback about our hotel. And we also appreciate you giving Rudy's BBQ a shout out; it is one of our favorites too!

Yours Sincerely,

Brent Hageman
SpringHill Suites Round Rock
San Fran
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I show up at 11:30 on a Sunday morning after a long trip. I just want to grab a shower, change and try to feel like a human being. I should also memtion that I am a Gold Marriott member, which takes a lot of stays to achieve. I have also been doing business travel for over 30 years.

First, I walk up to the front desk. Nobody is there. I see the office where a young woman, who is sitting in a chair facing me, is intently doing something with her phone, trxting, tweeting, whatever. Presumably not what Marriott is paying her for. After an uncomfortably long time being ignored, I make a noise and she sees she actually has a customer interrupting her.

She comes over and I ask if I can check in. She tells me that checkin us at 2pm and rhat they have been busy. I don't doubt that, but I can't help noticing that their parking lot is almost completely empty, meaning that most people have already checked out. I politely ask if Gold status would help me get the first available room.

She starts tapping on her keyboard where she looks me up (and presumably confirms my status). She tells me I don't have a reservation. I explain that I used a prepaid site (which of course qualifies me as subhuman). She confirms my reservation and tells me, "you know, you're not getting any points for this". I understand this, in fact I have been aware of every item that Miss Captain Obvious has been telling me.

I ask again if they might have some room ready soon. She tells me again that 2pm is chrckin but if I leave my number she might call me.

As I write this, it has now been 90 minutes since that charming interaction. And I am waiting at a hotel lobby down the road. It's a nicer lobby and the people here have been nice to me even though I'm not a guest (I wish I were).

So, all I can say is, thank you Sarah, for the warm greeting and all of your efforts to make a Gold member feel welcomed and appreciated. I hope you future career in texting or tweeting works out for you.

• Stayed April 2014
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear trvlin_man,

You indicated in your response that your guest check-in experience was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Cara Englishbee
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights here with spouse on two-night stay. Short (25 min) drive to downtown Austin. Just off I-35. Lots of parking. Lovely decor. Spacious room (#410, king n/s).

Nice sitting area and wet bar with fridge/microwave and sink, plus 4-cup coffee pot. 4 pillows on comfy bed. Good light for reading in bed. Lighting in sitting area by couch isn't good for reading on the sofa. Desk and chair, too.

Free wifi, but requires login each time you use it (annoying, but I'll do this if I don't have to pay for wifi). Clock radio is iHome brand. Nice!

Breakfast is expanded hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, yogurt, granola, breads/bagels, muffins, juice, coffee. No waffles here. Interior corridors. Mini-mart in lobby. Great staff.

Would stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your response! We are so happy that you enjoyed staying with us!

Have a great day!

Cara Englishbee

Been to SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!