“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Arlington
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nice place to unwind near Austin. Good location, but not an easy access due to road construction near by. Rooms are roomy and clean. It does looks empty. Nice color choices for whole hotel. Breakfast not bad, with traditional staples. At night closet door came off the hinges, but otherwise had no complains. Hard to find good food near by. Staff really friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for front looking room, otherwise it will be sunny and hot.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Cherie G,

Thank you so much for your review! We try our best to make every stay at our property a Great Stay! I am sorry to hear about the closet door and will get someone to address that now.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The room set up is a little awkward compared to many of the other SpringHill room variations. But it is still a nice place to stay. I'm a Marriott loyalist and the majority of my expectations were met.

The issues that took away from a positive experience:

1) It is never a good start when you get to your room and neither key card works. Do it right the first time. Regardless of how friendly the front desk staff is....I don't want to trudge back down to the lobby for Take Two.

2) Bathtubs should hold water. Period. If they don't, replace the drain plug.

3) Housekeeping carts. I don't want to open my room door and have to move a cart out of the way just to get out of my room. I don't want to have to move carts out of the way every time I go down the hall because instead of putting the carts on the side of the hallway, they are repeatedly placed in the middle of the hallway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear cham3814,

Thank you so much for your response. I will be looking into ways that we can correct those items that were negatives during your stay.

We appreciate any feedback that we can get.

lehigh valley, pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I thought I would try this hotel based on the solid reviews. While the staff is very nice, the facility itself is dated and in dire need of renovation. The rooms are small and lack sufficient storage space. The bathrooms are outdated and there is very little counter space and no vanity. The carpet squares in the rooms are worn and dirty. The highway traffic is extremely loud….my room was not facing the road and I had trouble sleeping due to the road noise. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Good Morning lehighvalleyduo,

I wanted to first say Thank you for staying with us! And thank you for the feedback. We can only get better by the information, you, our guest provide.

I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience here with us and will be addressing the traffic noise and condition of the property.

If there is anything that I can help with in the future, please let me know.

Sturgeon Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is an older-style SpringHill Suites, so the rooms are slightly smaller and have that funny layout with the small sink outside of the large bathroom/toilet/shower. (I think that was such a dumb design.) However, the hotel has been refreshed, is clean and has super friendly staff. They were extremely accommodating of any special requests I made. The bed was very comfortable. I had no complaints. This hotel is an excellent value and was very quiet. You are just two short blocks from Jack Allen's Restaurant, which is FANTASTIC! Don't miss it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Good Afternoon vanclaners,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us here at the Springhill Suites by Marriott! And thank you for taking the time to write a review! We really enjoyed having you here with us and look forward to you coming again!

Let me know when you are headed to the area, again!

Murphy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travel to Round Rock on business a couple of times a year and typically stay at this location. The hotel is clean, conveniently located and the staff is friendly. As mentioned by Walker S, the staff always greets me, whether I'm coming or going.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hi 212GregW,

Thank you so much for your review of our property! We are so happy that you enjoy staying with us and look forward to having you back, in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Upon checkin, Gloria was extremely accomodating and welcoming. Then she called the room a short time later to make sure we were comfortable. Hotel (including our room) was spotless. It was a short stay, but we always saw housekeeping cleaning something either in the public areas or rooms. Breakfast was hot, fresh and tasty. As stated elsewhere, the hotel is in a very convenient location. It's not luxurious, but it is well appointed, comfortable, light and airy. Would recommend, and will stay here again on our return. Thanks also to the very friendly morning desk staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear JillPill,

Thank you so much for your recent review! We very much enjoyed having you with us and I am so happy that our staff was welcoming.

Should you come into the area again, please let us know! We would love to have you!

Carnelian Bay, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very friendly, accommodating staff, including Gloria and Kara. They are helpful in every way. The breakfast is varied and satisfying.

Location is within walking distance of several great choices, including Jack Allen's Kitchen(one of the hippest newbies in Austin), Carino's Italian, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, Chuy's, Rudy's BBQ, and Mesa Rosa. CVS Pharmacy also within walking.

Rooms are larger than average, indoor pool is nice on rainy or super hot days.

Room Tip: rooms away from I-35 are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hi roamingnoni,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here and can't wait to see you again!

Please let me know if we can make your next reservation!

Cara Englishbee

Been to SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!