“Not nearly as nice as other Springhill Suites” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Clinton, New Jersey
“Not nearly as nice as other Springhill Suites”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I typically choose Mariott hotels, specially the springhill suites. This place is not up to the standard of the rest. First I checked in late so to be honest I didnt give them a chance to fix any of my complaints, plus when I got there It was 1am and I just wanted to sleep. the room wasnt the cleanest. I thought the tub looked a bit dirty, i scrubbed it out with a hotel towel and their free shampoo. the toilet had that hard water stain ring that was pretty big, so either no one has been in the room for a while or no one has cleaned the toilet in a while. The bed was lumpy and the pillows felt like there was no filling at all i stacked 3 of them to creat the thickness of 1 pillow. Breakfast was no good. The coffee was so watered down after a couple sips i threw it out, eggs were so watery and full of cheese i couldnt eat them. fruit was rotten, etc etc. Long story short avoid this place!

Room Tip: Avoid this place until they clean up their act
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
shsrr, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear jdrambo,

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed in your case when it comes to your experience with houskeeping and breakfast. Management reviews all comments with our entire team as we continuously strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests all of the time.

Once again, we are terribly sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as it helps to improve and provide a better experience. We hope you will come back and give us another try in the future.

Springhill Suites Round Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here one night when my daughter had a soccer tournament in town Labor Day weekend. Good: rate, free breakfast, fridge and microwave in room, everything seemed clean. Not so good: unimpressive lobby. My husband thought the bed was not so comfortable but my daughter and I slept well. I liked the half wall dividing the couch/kitchen/desk area from the 2 beds and bath area. We came back from the first game at 10:15 Sunday morning and were glad to see the breakfast area was still stocked, even though it was supposed to close at 10. We sat around for awhile, and it was nice not to be bothered or rushed by staff. Easy checkout.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
shsrr, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear SRAinSA,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! Thank you for your comments about our breakfast and cleaning staff, I will pass your review on to them. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you and your family again in the near future!

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Just a bad night stay. The window leaked all night and kept waking me up with the constant dripping. When we woke up the paint on the wall had all bubbled up. Ewww. Not good! They offered to have maintenance come up but my son was sleeping still and seriously, what could they have done about it at that time. The elevators were out of order af then not working very well and had to be reset. The hot tub smelled like a wet dog! Really nasty even my 8 year old commented on it. last but not least they had a convention or something going on and our room was directly above them. They played their music really loud and you could hear them cheering and clapping. They were just really loud. You could hear it everywhere in the room. I am not one to complain and if just any one of these had happened individually that would have been fine, but to have all of them happen at one time was a little annoying.

• Stayed August 2012
shsrr, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear gottagoTexas,

Your disappointment in your stay was our mistake and I would love to make it up to you. We have addressed your concerns with our maintenace staff. I appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We are having our maintenance staff double check the seals on the windows so that the issues you had do not reoccur. We have also reevaluated our process on the types of groups we allow to use the meeting space.

Consistency is a must in guest service and I sincerely apologize that we have let you down. I hope you can reach out to me at your convenience to discuss this further and give us another chance to renew your trust in us.

Springhill Suites 512-733-6700
brenthageman@gmail.com
Aubrey, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I just stayed there 2 nights fri. and sat. Memorial Day Weekend. Easy Check in and out. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was good - many choices. Even though the Hotel was completely booked it was very quiet (loved that!). Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
shsrr, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Wow, I'm so glad to hear you had such a great experience at our hotel! We strive to make every guest experience a positive one, and I'm glad to hear we were able to do that for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. See you next trip!

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I am a big fan of Springhill Suites and stayed here for a couple nights in January. The hotel was clean and modern with a very friendly staff. The hotel is just off the highway and offers convenient acces for doing business in the Round Rock/North Austin area. The hotel itself is a good value with modern amenities. It is a pretty typical Springhill Suites and would not be a disappointment.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much choosing our hotel and for taking the time to write a review of the SpringHill Suites in Round Rock. We appreciate all feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Compared to similar quality/priced hotels in the area, this was not the best experience. The staff needs training, breakfast was mediocre, and the room amenities could be upgraded. Good thing we only stayed one night.

The front desk staff, while friendly, were not the most knowledgable. I ordered one of the hotel packages and when I requested to redeem it, got blank stares. They clearly did not know the services their hotel offered, couldn't figure it out so we left empty handed.

While the bed was comfortable, the provided sofa bed is not one to sleep in if you want a good nights sleep. Make sure to ask for a roll out bed or just reserve a double bed room.

Springhill should be ashamed of the breakfast provided the morning of our stay. The selection/quality was limited and not appetizing. The little oatmeal that was available was raw and cold.

Next time we have an overnight stay, we will be staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
shsrr, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for bringing attention to this issue. Since your review we have made adjustments to our packages and trained our staff accordingly. I am very sorry that your experience at our hotel was not what you had expected. I would love to be able to make it up to you and your family. Please give me a call at the hotel directly, let me know which package you had and I would love to be able to provide you with those ameneties free of charge next time you are in the Round Rock area. I appreciate your honest assessment of our complimentary breakfast. We do provide our standards for our brand, and we always look for any suggestions that could help us in determining additional items that our guests would like to enjoy. Please know we have re-vamped our breakfast and I hope that next time you stay with us you find it to be of better quality. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve, and thank you for your loyalty to Marriott. I hope to hear from you!
General Manger
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in January while on a relocation scouting trip. The hotel was extremely clean, quiet and comfortable! When we first checked into our room I was afraid that it would be loud because we were behind the elevator and across from an ice maker- but we never once heard any noise from those amenities! We experienced great service and will absolutely stay here in the future! My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and as a mom, I greatly appreciated the mini fridge and microwave. The only negative aspect was the window unit heater- it is loud and we had to run the fan constantly in order to not be woken each time the heat kicked on.

Room Tip: we liked being on the top floor and it was super quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
shsrr, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear bohste,

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review of our hotel. I will pass along to our staff your comments about our service. We are glad that your stay was quiet and that your family enjoyed our pool. We hope to see you again soon!

512-733-6700

Been to SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!