“Just a bad night overall” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Texas
“Just a bad night overall”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Just a bad night stay. The window leaked all night and kept waking me up with the constant dripping. When we woke up the paint on the wall had all bubbled up. Ewww. Not good! They offered to have maintenance come up but my son was sleeping still and seriously, what could they have done about it at that time. The elevators were out of order af then not working very well and had to be reset. The hot tub smelled like a wet dog! Really nasty even my 8 year old commented on it. last but not least they had a convention or something going on and our room was directly above them. They played their music really loud and you could hear them cheering and clapping. They were just really loud. You could hear it everywhere in the room. I am not one to complain and if just any one of these had happened individually that would have been fine, but to have all of them happen at one time was a little annoying.

• Stayed August 2012
shsrr, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear gottagoTexas,

Your disappointment in your stay was our mistake and I would love to make it up to you. We have addressed your concerns with our maintenace staff. I appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We are having our maintenance staff double check the seals on the windows so that the issues you had do not reoccur. We have also reevaluated our process on the types of groups we allow to use the meeting space.

Consistency is a must in guest service and I sincerely apologize that we have let you down. I hope you can reach out to me at your convenience to discuss this further and give us another chance to renew your trust in us.

Brent Hageman
Front Office Manager
Springhill Suites 512-733-6700
brenthageman@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Aubrey, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I just stayed there 2 nights fri. and sat. Memorial Day Weekend. Easy Check in and out. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was good - many choices. Even though the Hotel was completely booked it was very quiet (loved that!). Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
shsrr, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Wow, I'm so glad to hear you had such a great experience at our hotel! We strive to make every guest experience a positive one, and I'm glad to hear we were able to do that for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. See you next trip!

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I am a big fan of Springhill Suites and stayed here for a couple nights in January. The hotel was clean and modern with a very friendly staff. The hotel is just off the highway and offers convenient acces for doing business in the Round Rock/North Austin area. The hotel itself is a good value with modern amenities. It is a pretty typical Springhill Suites and would not be a disappointment.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much choosing our hotel and for taking the time to write a review of the SpringHill Suites in Round Rock. We appreciate all feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Compared to similar quality/priced hotels in the area, this was not the best experience. The staff needs training, breakfast was mediocre, and the room amenities could be upgraded. Good thing we only stayed one night.

The front desk staff, while friendly, were not the most knowledgable. I ordered one of the hotel packages and when I requested to redeem it, got blank stares. They clearly did not know the services their hotel offered, couldn't figure it out so we left empty handed.

While the bed was comfortable, the provided sofa bed is not one to sleep in if you want a good nights sleep. Make sure to ask for a roll out bed or just reserve a double bed room.

Springhill should be ashamed of the breakfast provided the morning of our stay. The selection/quality was limited and not appetizing. The little oatmeal that was available was raw and cold.

Next time we have an overnight stay, we will be staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
shsrr, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for bringing attention to this issue. Since your review we have made adjustments to our packages and trained our staff accordingly. I am very sorry that your experience at our hotel was not what you had expected. I would love to be able to make it up to you and your family. Please give me a call at the hotel directly, let me know which package you had and I would love to be able to provide you with those ameneties free of charge next time you are in the Round Rock area. I appreciate your honest assessment of our complimentary breakfast. We do provide our standards for our brand, and we always look for any suggestions that could help us in determining additional items that our guests would like to enjoy. Please know we have re-vamped our breakfast and I hope that next time you stay with us you find it to be of better quality. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve, and thank you for your loyalty to Marriott. I hope to hear from you!
General Manger
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in January while on a relocation scouting trip. The hotel was extremely clean, quiet and comfortable! When we first checked into our room I was afraid that it would be loud because we were behind the elevator and across from an ice maker- but we never once heard any noise from those amenities! We experienced great service and will absolutely stay here in the future! My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and as a mom, I greatly appreciated the mini fridge and microwave. The only negative aspect was the window unit heater- it is loud and we had to run the fan constantly in order to not be woken each time the heat kicked on.

Room Tip: we liked being on the top floor and it was super quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
shsrr, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear bohste,

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review of our hotel. I will pass along to our staff your comments about our service. We are glad that your stay was quiet and that your family enjoyed our pool. We hope to see you again soon!

Brent Hageman
Front Office Manager
Springhill Suites Round Rock
512-733-6700
Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This hotel is located off a busy I-35 just north of Austin. It is a difficult property to get to. The motiff is modern, eclectic and the people were nice. The hotel was not very crowded either and our stay was between Christmas and New Years. The beds were nice and the room was pretty clean. The problem is that we didn't have hot water. We had to run the sink and shower 10 minutes before the water got warm. The number of TV channels is also limited. They had a ton of ESPN channels, so it looks like a lot of channels, but they're really aren't.

Room Tip: Ask if their hot water is working before you check-in.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The decor in the hotel is very modern, chic, swanky. Looks newly decorated. Rooms are spacious. The beds are firm, extremely comfortable. Not sure if they are Tempur-Pedic, but they felt like them. The hotel is conveniently right off the expressway, but I am a light sleeper and did not hear any road noise. (In another review someone commented about the road noise so must just be the location of the room and the direction it faces). There were many choices for the free breakfast - oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, cereal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!