We had a bad experience at another "suite" hotel and came here after 2 of our planned 7-days stay, so we spent 5 days total. Since we were in town to visit relatives, we spent little time at the hotel, but cannot fault a thing.
We arrived on Monday and after my previous experience, I wanted to check out the room, but actually move in later. What I found was a suite with a separate bedroom, plenty of drawer space, full kitchen, two televisions, desk, coffee table, and additional seating/working area, and plenty of electrical outlets. I had the first few ice cubes within a few minutes of turning the ice maker on.
Critically for us, there is plenty of room for three, perhaps four, individuals to work or browse laptops or whatever. The suite had dishes available for four, and pots/pans/utensils (importantly, and notably, a bottle opener!).
Breakfast was predictable, but plentiful. Some days presented little round scrambles of eggs, designed for a biscuit sandwich; others with scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon. Bread and pastry variety is limited, but there was always enough, even a few minutes before closing. I appreciated fresh fruit every day. Layout is such that you can manage to stay out of others' way while getting everything you need.
Monday through Thursday they offer an evening social buffet as well, and one could easily make a meal of it.
The great room was inviting (and appreciated; it was cold out) and makes a warming, cozy impression. There are at least three TVs in the great room, so even if it were busy, there should be no arguments of what to watch (our standard suite also had two TVs).
Housekeeping was pleasant, accommodating, and professional. They *will* run your dishwasher every day.
I only cooked one day. Everything I needed was there. I discovered one burner of the stove did not work, and reported it to the desk. I neglected to determine if they had repaired it before I left.
Location is immediately off I-35 in Round Rock. Since the people we were visiting live in Round Rock, the location was absolutely perfect for us. And it was still only a few-minute drive to anything north of the capital/campus. The trip to the airport took just over 30 minutes on a Saturday.
This is my second experience at a Staybridge Suites, and I am hooked.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Staybridge Suites Round Rock
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Versatile Suites. Swimming Pool. Hot Breakfast. Exercise Room. High-Speed Internet. Sound like the perfect place to live? At the Staybridge Suites in Round Rock, our extensive list of features and amenities come together to create a hotel experience that is truly unlike any other. And with Dell World Headquarters, Round Rock Premium Outlets, IKEA, Texas State University, Southwestern University, Round Rock Hospital, Scott & White and the Dell Diamond only minutes away, you ll never be to far from Your Place . That is, if you ever decide to leave. Staybridge Suites in Round Rock. Go ahead. Get Comfortable ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.