“We left another hotel and came here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock

You added Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 I-35 South, GPS address 520 S. Morrell ST, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
DC
“We left another hotel and came here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a bad experience at another "suite" hotel and came here after 2 of our planned 7-days stay, so we spent 5 days total. Since we were in town to visit relatives, we spent little time at the hotel, but cannot fault a thing.

We arrived on Monday and after my previous experience, I wanted to check out the room, but actually move in later. What I found was a suite with a separate bedroom, plenty of drawer space, full kitchen, two televisions, desk, coffee table, and additional seating/working area, and plenty of electrical outlets. I had the first few ice cubes within a few minutes of turning the ice maker on.

Critically for us, there is plenty of room for three, perhaps four, individuals to work or browse laptops or whatever. The suite had dishes available for four, and pots/pans/utensils (importantly, and notably, a bottle opener!).

Breakfast was predictable, but plentiful. Some days presented little round scrambles of eggs, designed for a biscuit sandwich; others with scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon. Bread and pastry variety is limited, but there was always enough, even a few minutes before closing. I appreciated fresh fruit every day. Layout is such that you can manage to stay out of others' way while getting everything you need.

Monday through Thursday they offer an evening social buffet as well, and one could easily make a meal of it.

The great room was inviting (and appreciated; it was cold out) and makes a warming, cozy impression. There are at least three TVs in the great room, so even if it were busy, there should be no arguments of what to watch (our standard suite also had two TVs).

Housekeeping was pleasant, accommodating, and professional. They *will* run your dishwasher every day.

I only cooked one day. Everything I needed was there. I discovered one burner of the stove did not work, and reported it to the desk. I neglected to determine if they had repaired it before I left.

Location is immediately off I-35 in Round Rock. Since the people we were visiting live in Round Rock, the location was absolutely perfect for us. And it was still only a few-minute drive to anything north of the capital/campus. The trip to the airport took just over 30 minutes on a Saturday.

This is my second experience at a Staybridge Suites, and I am hooked.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the north side. Trains run south of the hotel, and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock. I am pleased to know that our products and services were meeting your expectations. We are truly here to serve our guests and are always glad when someone has a positive stay experience. Staybridge Suites is dedicated to being a Great Hotel our Guests Love!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Moultonborough, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Girl at front desk was very nice & helpful yet professional. The rooms were really small but mattresses were very hard& gave us a sore back. Breakfast was ok if you like processed
eggs & same thing every single day for 7 days. The plus was very very nice commercial washers & dryers to use for free!. Very small shower/potty & sink area. I don't think we will be back. & the guy at the front desk came to our room at our request to look at the clock which we wanted to change for another because neither of us could see the numbers. He tried to make us believe that it was our imaginations & my husband had to get a little stern with him but we did get another clock. Also the kitchen was well equipped & the freezer did make ice quickly.

Room Tip: elevator slow so ask for downstairs,elevator in inconvienient place.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for staying at Staybridge Suites by IHG. Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will help us improve our product and services. Staybridge Suites by IHG is committed to being a Great Hotel our Guests Love.
Harvey, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed there recently for 5 nights. I must say that I can not find one thing wrong with Staybridge Suites Round Rock. The moment we checked in the front desk was very helpful and very kind. The room was clean and very comfortable. Every time we had any contact with any hotel employees they were very personable and friendly. The breakfast was good and had a lot of choices. I would absolutely reccoment this property and we will stay again at this property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
This is a fantastic review and really expresses well on paper what our goals and expectations are for service for each of our guests. Thank you so much for your comments, I will share them with the team. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Add this property to your list of terrific places to stay with the family while in the Austin area. The staff is great, the rooms are spacious and the location is central to everywhere. I appreciated the nice breakfast to start the day off right. Eggs, meat, cereal, yogurt, breads, cheeses and fruit plus delicious coffee. We were there for 4 nights so we appreciated the complimentary laundry.

Room Tip: Toward the rear is the most quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback. I am so thankful to hear that your stay went well and that you were treated with all the love and care you deserve as our guest.
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had great stay with us and our 5 kids. The rooms has plenty of space and with 3 televisions our kids could relax and enjoy their shows. It was great to have the kitchenette to store our snacks and fix lunch. I can't say enough about Felice who checked us into the hotel, she was very helpful and kind and started our trip off on the right foot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad to hear your stay was good and that our services and amenities are meeting your expectations. We look forward to your return visit.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Really couldn't pin point just one thing that made such a positive experience for me because there were some many small details that made the whole thing great. EVERY staff member was friendly and EVERY time I bumped into one I was greeted..sincerely with a good morning or hello.Even the guy taking out the trash stopped me this morning to say hello and how was my stay. Great evening social with drinks and food . Nice letter on my table that said thank you and another with my bill under the door. Complimentary USA newspaper,coffee and POPCORN in the room. Hot breakfast this morning and the room...wow..2 bedrooms and a kitchen and for a great price considering how clean,updated and roomy it was. I travel to this area 3 times a month and I have surely found my new home away from home. Thank YOU !! StayBridge.

Melinda B.

Room Tip: There are NO BAD choices
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for writing Melinda, your review is amazing and actually verbalizes our commitment to service and excellence to each of our guests. Memories are made at Staybridge Suites, and I am so glad your's are positive.
Justin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

When visiting Round Rock to visit our son, my wife and I have in the past stayed at another hotel. When booking this weekend I needed a large suite, and Staybridge was the only one close to our needs. Boy what a great stay!!! The staff and rooms were both top notch. I'll be using Staybridge in all my future trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay during the Wedding. Thank you for your comments and I hope you return soon.

Been to Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock? Share your experiences!