“Service was fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock

You added Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 I-35 South, GPS address 520 S. Morrell ST, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Service was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staybridge Suites was a great hotel to stay for my 4 nights while I was doing work in nearby Pflugerville. The rooms were nice and the breakfast was fine. Also, Tue-Thurs they had a free "social" where there was salad, hamburgers, and free beer!!!

The greatest thing about my stay though was definitely the service from one particular empolyee named "Felice." She was so nice and thoughtful and she helped me with some problems I had regarding work and scanning some documents. I travel all over the nation for my job and she was one of the best customer service representatives I've ever had in all my stays throughout the country.

Felice is the best

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Felice has just been with us a few weeks now and has really been providing great service to our guests. She certainly is exhibiting the Staybridge Service Behaviors of by being friendly, reliable, socialable and upbeat! You made her day by this review! Many time in the hotel business the only time we get comments about an employee is when something goes wrong, your review is refreshing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my second stay at the Staybridge in Round Rock. An absolute wonderful experience. The staff is extremely helpful and very courteous. The breakfast was delicious with a large variety of food options. The room was very clean and comofortable. The facilities are exceptional great. My kids and I enjoyed the pool. Our stay was a great experience and I highly recommend the Staybridge for anyone wanting to visit Round Rock or Austin. Thank you to the Staybridge staff for allowing your guests to feel very, very special!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nora, thank you for your review. I am so glad that your enjoyed your stay. We are here to serve you and I am glad we are doing it well. Thank you for you edifiying words!
Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Family of 8 stayed for a single night after a fun day at the water park. Guest service was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful with good variety of items to choose from. Comfortable beds and great facilities. Kids enjoyed the pool even after all day in the water. Would recommend this place for family stay. Will definitely plan on staying here again if back in this part of Texas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you loved your stay, we are always working on ways to serve our guests better. WE VALUE your feedback. Please come again soon!
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is my second stay at the Staybridge. This trip was a combination of business and vacation.
CLEANLINESS: Not good or bad. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Must be a common problem because later, I heard another patron complaining at the front desk about the same problem. I also noticed a couple of ants in our bathroom, not sure where those came from. Plus, whoever cleaned our room didn't remove the dirty towels, so they just built up in a pile on the floor. Other than that our hotel was pretty clean and the staff did a good job cleaning it throughout our stay.

LOCATION: Unfortunately I was surprised to find the location of this hotel off the feeder wasn't the greatest...to get on I-35 you will be on the feeder a while, and to access most of the restaurants and stores you will need to do a u-turn. The upside is the poor location didn't seem to affect the time it takes to get to downtown Austin.

ROOMS:
We stayed in the suite with a king bed and sofa bed and of course I was the one who got the sofa bed. It was somewhat uncomfortable (but not to the point where I couldn't sleep or woke up sore). The doors from the bedroom to the living room also wouldn't stay closed so there wasn't much privacy for the people staying in the bedroom vs. whoever was on the sofa bed. There was some normal wear and tear in the rooms and I heard everything happening in the hallways because I was staying in the living room. The hotel room did have complete suite amenities and everything you need in a kitchen. It's great if you want to cook something during your stay or will be here a while.

SERVICE: Everyone was friendly and attentive. The woman at the front desk called us on our room phone shortly after we checked in to make sure everything was okay, which was nice. And when I asked for extra towels, got them delivered to my door in less than 5 minutes.

VALUE: I would say this is an average value hotel. Our rate seemed a little high for what we got. I'm sure you could find a similar hotel for less money, but something in me just doesn't have the courage to try a Holiday Inn. At least with the Staybridge I know what I'm getting and it isn't the best, but it isn't bad either.

• Stayed July 2013
GMAGMRR, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Shannon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion.
We are sorry your room smelled of smoke. We are a 100% smoke free hotel and have policies and procedures in place to control people from breaking the rules. All guests are required to sign and acknowledge our policies at check in. We do fine $500 to any person who smokes in our room and have the room professionally cleaned to try and eliminate the odor.
Yes, our location is conveniently located to Austin! You can make a u-turn to reach restaurants to the North of us but just 2 lights away from us to the South are many restaunts and shopping too:)
I am sorry that the door to your room was not closing properly. I hope that you reported that to our staff. As you mentioned, we have a friendly and attentive staff and if the room you were in had an issue, we would have been more than happy to move you to a different room and fix the issue in that room. Our primarly goal is to make sure that each and every guest has an exceptional experience and that we can fix any situation that is with in our control.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

No doubt this is the best hotel south of DFW in TX. Eric on the night shift is more than accomodating. I needed some condiments for my late night snack and he personally opened up the kitchen to help me out. He knows all the guests by name and helps out however he can. The day time staff is also great, they are very informative and extremely polite. I would suggest staying at this hotel to anyone in the area. Thank you all very much, couldn't be happier!

• Stayed July 2013
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
WOW! I will let Eric know about the great service he gave to you. Thank you for your comments, you are the reason we get out of bed everyday! Service is our specialty.
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I requested a low level floor next to the Laundromat, as I was about to make this a 2 1/2 month stay. I made my request a month in advance and we settled in nicely. Everyone was ever so welcoming and just about any logical request was made quickly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We love to cater to our guests, esspecially those that become our extended-stay family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Very easy on and off the interstate. The hotel is very clean as are the rooms. All facets of the hotel meet my expectations. This location is is an easy walk of a Starbucks and a McDonalds. It is also a short drive to several fine restaurants.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I have enjoyed reading your review. Thank you for your review. Location is important and so is service, but that all means nothing without guests like you to share it with. Thanks again.