“Very clean, nice, cortious staff, good breakfast, social dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock

You added Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 I-35 South, GPS address 520 S. Morrell ST, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Dallas, Texas
“Very clean, nice, cortious staff, good breakfast, social dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The best suite hotel in that area with complementary breakfast with lot of verities and Social dinner. The staff are very helpful and cortious. The suite has full size fridge and good size kichen. has conference hall and business center. Lot of LCD tvs all over the places in the lobby which big in size. enjoyed staying in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed the food and the hospitality. We are here to serve you, thanks for allowing us the opportunity.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

After reading the reviews I expected really nice accommodations. My five yr old son and I decided to take am adventure about 10 minutes from our hi.e to a hotel for the night. I travel frequently and always use tripadvisor. Stay ridge was the top rated hotel so I gave it a shot. The outside pool was a little dirty, the room seemed dated and everything was just average. And all of this mediocrity for $140. A few days later I took my 4 year old to the MUCH NICER Holiday Inn which was $50 cheaper and was well beyond what I paid. As I host out if town guests for business , between the two, I will definitely be using Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2013
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We appreciate your feedback,there are many exciting changes coming to the hotel in 2014. I hope you will give us another chance and see what new and exciting things will create a better guest experience.
Mansfield, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend. Room was okay if a little dated. It is an all-suites hotel which is good because it helps filter outside noise and makes the bedroom a little quieter. They let us check-in way early which was very nice. Lots of school buses when we arrived, but they assured us they were on the other side of the hotel. That was the first night. The second night a new group of school buses arrived we were right in the middle of the action. It sounded like a house party from the time we arrived back in our room around 9pm to past midnight. Seems like a popular place for schools, I guess because all of the rooms have pull-out sofabeds as well and they can double up and save money. Great for the schools, not so much for other guests.
Bed was okay, but was squeaked loudly every time you moved. This made other activities a bit nerve-racking as well. AC unit is right by the bed which is not the greatest idea ever. It got very noisy. No room service on weekends, so be sure to conserve towels and toiletries. Bathroom seemed like it needed a good deep-cleaning, lots of build up in the grout. Living area and kitchen were very clean. TV was nice and got a lot of channels. Free breakfast was passable.
I probably wouldn't stay again only because it's pretty far from Austin, but it served it's purpose on short notice. Price was fair. I'd call ahead and check the school situation, though.

Room Tip: Call ahead and check on the school group situation during your visit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are always working to improve our service and our facilities, I hope next time you come your stay will be great!
Missouri city, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked this hotel blindly on Priceline.com. This is where they show you the rate but you have no choice in the hotel. It made me nervous but for a holiday weekend and less than $100 per night I took the chance. I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very nice and clean. The suite was a decent size for the money, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The only reason the hotel did not receive the best rating is that housekeeping skipped our room on the 2nd day (saturday) of our stay. They came by really early, a little after 9 and we asked that they come back but they did not. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We are happy you were pleased with your accomodations and hope you will give us another chance to impress you with our service.
Pittsburgh, PA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you prefer the "suite" setup, this place is good value for the price.
The evening reception & morning breakfast are a nice included feature.
The WiFi was also included and worked great.
Free parking, close to major restaurants, but due to the "one-way" frontage roads you might have a little trouble finding it the first time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are thankful you took the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly delight in serving you. I like that you put your title as "a good value" I am in agreement with you, we are a good value and the best value in the market for price considering the amenitites and services we provide including all full suites with fully equipped kitchens. Thanks again for writing, we appreciate you!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here on business. The rooms are very comfortable and great at the price they charge. I would recommend it if you are looking for comfort and great values. I did see the manager had added a lot of personal touches to make the guests feel welcome. Joe at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! Our desire is that you are not only comfortable but become "family"
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I will admit right up front that my terrible experience with this hotel began with my error. My warning about this hotel is that you'd better be sure to read the cancellation policy well and be informed before you agree to stay there. If you don't, the management will not work well with you to solve the issue or be very responsive to your problem. Most hotels, in my experience, will work with you to resolve a big issue, but that did not happen for me. When I read other reviews of this hotel, i see that I am not alone.

I missed a 30 days in advance cancellation deadline for a reservation that was made 10 months in advance of the stay and tried to find a way to work it out. The GM of this hotel was dismissive, would not return my calls, was terse in emails and completely unhelpful to me personally. I found out later that someone at the hotel did submit paperwork to my credit card company that I never got to see. If the hotel staff had given me the same courtesy that was given to the credit card company, maybe the whole situation could have been avoided.

I contacted the customer relations department and the corporate offices for Staybridge Suites. Corporate assigned a mediator to help solve my problem. The corporate mediator asked the General Manager to give me a courtesy refund or to allow me to apply the charge to a future stay. The General Manager refused both solutions. The fact that I had received contradicting confirmation emails made no difference. The fact that I had received an email canceling my reservation with no mention of a penalty made no difference. I only found out that the hotel had charged my credit card with the full amount for the stay when I received my bill.

A reasonable business operator would have at least tried to work me a little. The only solution that the GM would entertain was for me to pay over $1900 for a stay that I did not use.

I travel quite a lot with my family and would never stay in this or any other Staybridge Suites hotel. The risk is too great. Their communications are faulty and, in my case, did not include cancellation policies that were in force. The communications are so faulty that the GM admitted, in an email, that certain confirmations emails do not include cancellation policies. How can a customer be expected to follow a cancellation policy that is not mentioned?

The management of this hotel never treated me a customer...only as a problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
It is unfortunate that you had an issue with your reservation. Our greatest desire is for the guest who made a reservation to actually get to stay with us. Due to the FORMULA ONE SPECIAL EVENT being a city wide sell out months in advance we have a very clear and detailed cancellation policy that must be agreed to before placing a reservation. The system will not issue a confirmation number without agreeing and fully reading our policy, as has been reiterated many times in our many conversations. We value our guests and always try to be as accommodating as possible given each situation, during a city wide sell out event our choices are limited, and this is the purpose of our detailed cancellation disclosure so there are no misunderstandings of the hotels and guests responsibility concerning each individual reservation.

Been to Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock? Share your experiences!