“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 I-35 South, GPS address 520 S. Morrell ST, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Pittsburgh, PA USA
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you prefer the "suite" setup, this place is good value for the price.
The evening reception & morning breakfast are a nice included feature.
The WiFi was also included and worked great.
Free parking, close to major restaurants, but due to the "one-way" frontage roads you might have a little trouble finding it the first time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are thankful you took the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly delight in serving you. I like that you put your title as "a good value" I am in agreement with you, we are a good value and the best value in the market for price considering the amenitites and services we provide including all full suites with fully equipped kitchens. Thanks again for writing, we appreciate you!

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here on business. The rooms are very comfortable and great at the price they charge. I would recommend it if you are looking for comfort and great values. I did see the manager had added a lot of personal touches to make the guests feel welcome. Joe at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! Our desire is that you are not only comfortable but become "family"
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I will admit right up front that my terrible experience with this hotel began with my error. My warning about this hotel is that you'd better be sure to read the cancellation policy well and be informed before you agree to stay there. If you don't, the management will not work well with you to solve the issue or be very responsive to your problem. Most hotels, in my experience, will work with you to resolve a big issue, but that did not happen for me. When I read other reviews of this hotel, i see that I am not alone.

I missed a 30 days in advance cancellation deadline for a reservation that was made 10 months in advance of the stay and tried to find a way to work it out. The GM of this hotel was dismissive, would not return my calls, was terse in emails and completely unhelpful to me personally. I found out later that someone at the hotel did submit paperwork to my credit card company that I never got to see. If the hotel staff had given me the same courtesy that was given to the credit card company, maybe the whole situation could have been avoided.

I contacted the customer relations department and the corporate offices for Staybridge Suites. Corporate assigned a mediator to help solve my problem. The corporate mediator asked the General Manager to give me a courtesy refund or to allow me to apply the charge to a future stay. The General Manager refused both solutions. The fact that I had received contradicting confirmation emails made no difference. The fact that I had received an email canceling my reservation with no mention of a penalty made no difference. I only found out that the hotel had charged my credit card with the full amount for the stay when I received my bill.

A reasonable business operator would have at least tried to work me a little. The only solution that the GM would entertain was for me to pay over $1900 for a stay that I did not use.

I travel quite a lot with my family and would never stay in this or any other Staybridge Suites hotel. The risk is too great. Their communications are faulty and, in my case, did not include cancellation policies that were in force. The communications are so faulty that the GM admitted, in an email, that certain confirmations emails do not include cancellation policies. How can a customer be expected to follow a cancellation policy that is not mentioned?

The management of this hotel never treated me a customer...only as a problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
It is unfortunate that you had an issue with your reservation. Our greatest desire is for the guest who made a reservation to actually get to stay with us. Due to the FORMULA ONE SPECIAL EVENT being a city wide sell out months in advance we have a very clear and detailed cancellation policy that must be agreed to before placing a reservation. The system will not issue a confirmation number without agreeing and fully reading our policy, as has been reiterated many times in our many conversations. We value our guests and always try to be as accommodating as possible given each situation, during a city wide sell out event our choices are limited, and this is the purpose of our detailed cancellation disclosure so there are no misunderstandings of the hotels and guests responsibility concerning each individual reservation.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the Round Rock Staybridge for two weeks on business with seven other team members, and I was very pleased. The staff was very accommodating, holding the shared vehicle keys at the front desk and making sure parking spaces were available for our trailer and truck.

The front desk staff was outstanding. Joe was always there answering questions about local eateries, making me new room key when I lost it, and had a good spirit to make me smile after a long day of work. Naomi was also great, always greeting me by name as I passed her on the way out each day.

The beds were soft, towels thick, and housekeeping friendly, making my bed each day, changing towels, and even put my dishes in the washer for me. This place is better then living at home with mom!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Austin area as it's right off I 35 just miles from the central city.

-Matt

Room Tip: Fourth floor and use the stairs, Get a little exercise on your trip.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are thankful to you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Service is our goal, and I am glad we met that with your stay.
Rockdale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel and I don't travel much anymore but I used to quite often with my company. In the past and present I haven't ever had a General Manager who was as concerned and showed as much hospitality as Brandon Cantrell did at this hotel He went out of his way to come and check on how our breakfast was and how our room was. If I owned my own business I would want a guy like Brandon to run it for me. In todays age where everyone is more concerned about computers and numbers he exuded the old fashioned customer service we used to see in the 50's when I was younger. His staff mirrors his leadership also and it's what made me go online to write this excellent review.

Thanks again for everything,

Tommy Watson

Room Tip: Book reservations way ahead to get a good room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I love your review. We are always trying to provide what is lacking in the world we live in. It seems great customer service is a dying art, well not at Staybridge. The Art is alive and well, great old fashioned service never goes out of style. We are in the service industry and I am thankful you noticed!
Akron, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant hotel, nice breakfast, comfortable bed but pillows too small. Towels nicer & heavier than most hotels of the caliber. Rooms & kitchens well equipped although decor a bit on the dark & older looking styles.
However, Upon check in I was asked to fill out a registration paper with my name, address, email, phone, etc. I have NEVER been asked to do so at any hotel anywhere. It was an annoying procedure after being up and traveling for over 15 hrs. To make matters worse, I was called & disturbed in my room and requested for me to come to the front desk to fill out aforementioned form. When I informed the front desk that I had already done so, even describing the person working at the desk when I did so, I was told it didn't matter, that he wouldn't be in for several days for them to check with him. They further insisted that I do so immediately ..needless to say, I ignored their rather rude & insistent request of information t hat should be on file as a priority club member. A fact that was not referred to upon check in.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are thankful you enjoyed your stay. We are working on a plan to update the hotel soon and bring in some color as well. We appreciate your feedback. This year alone we will be updating some of the suites, I hope on your next visit you can see the change. Great service, comfortable, clean rooms, excellent amenities, and a moderate price is our driving motivation here.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for a mini vacation and we loved our stay. The suites were clean, spacious and very comfortable. My boys enjoyed having their own space. I liked the convenience of having breakfast ready each morning and the marvelous service we received from all the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Our service is our specialty. We are so thankful you chose to stay with us.

Been to Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock? Share your experiences!