“Old Fashioned Values” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 I-35 South, GPS address 520 S. Morrell ST, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Rockdale, Texas
“Old Fashioned Values”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel and I don't travel much anymore but I used to quite often with my company. In the past and present I haven't ever had a General Manager who was as concerned and showed as much hospitality as Brandon Cantrell did at this hotel He went out of his way to come and check on how our breakfast was and how our room was. If I owned my own business I would want a guy like Brandon to run it for me. In todays age where everyone is more concerned about computers and numbers he exuded the old fashioned customer service we used to see in the 50's when I was younger. His staff mirrors his leadership also and it's what made me go online to write this excellent review.

Thanks again for everything,

Tommy Watson

Room Tip: Book reservations way ahead to get a good room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I love your review. We are always trying to provide what is lacking in the world we live in. It seems great customer service is a dying art, well not at Staybridge. The Art is alive and well, great old fashioned service never goes out of style. We are in the service industry and I am thankful you noticed!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Akron, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant hotel, nice breakfast, comfortable bed but pillows too small. Towels nicer & heavier than most hotels of the caliber. Rooms & kitchens well equipped although decor a bit on the dark & older looking styles.
However, Upon check in I was asked to fill out a registration paper with my name, address, email, phone, etc. I have NEVER been asked to do so at any hotel anywhere. It was an annoying procedure after being up and traveling for over 15 hrs. To make matters worse, I was called & disturbed in my room and requested for me to come to the front desk to fill out aforementioned form. When I informed the front desk that I had already done so, even describing the person working at the desk when I did so, I was told it didn't matter, that he wouldn't be in for several days for them to check with him. They further insisted that I do so immediately ..needless to say, I ignored their rather rude & insistent request of information t hat should be on file as a priority club member. A fact that was not referred to upon check in.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are thankful you enjoyed your stay. We are working on a plan to update the hotel soon and bring in some color as well. We appreciate your feedback. This year alone we will be updating some of the suites, I hope on your next visit you can see the change. Great service, comfortable, clean rooms, excellent amenities, and a moderate price is our driving motivation here.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for a mini vacation and we loved our stay. The suites were clean, spacious and very comfortable. My boys enjoyed having their own space. I liked the convenience of having breakfast ready each morning and the marvelous service we received from all the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Our service is our specialty. We are so thankful you chose to stay with us.
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The attitude and contagious enthusiasm of the employees and management at this property is equivalent to what you would expect from a stay at a Ritz Carlton--without the price tag. The word 'No' is not in the empoyees' vocabulary and they trip over themselves making their guests feel like they are 'at home' or at the very least, have all of the amenities and comforts of home.

Kudos to Brandon and his team whose primary objective is to make sure his guests are HAPPY and Taken Care of. Location is perfect in terms of being able to navigate all parts of austin and not get too tied up in daily city/highway traffic, u are outside of the city at the end of the day. An absolute pleasure--this is a property that cares about their guests' experiences, comfort and happiness and it shows. Brandon somehow manages to give his guests the feeling of an owner-operated property with the level of service, amenities, warmth and quality of a professionally run hospitality organization. They take the time to talk to their guests, understand what is important to them and take suggestions ot heart. They Care & it shows!!! I Will stay with them again next time i have business in and around austin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comments. We are thankful to have the opportunity to serve you and your team. We look forward to serving you again soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wow! This was such a great place to stay!! I loved the workers at the front desk and I especially loved our room!! It was a king size bed and was super clean and quiet! I strongly suggest this hotel for anyone traveling on business or pleasure. Awesome hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing on Trip Advisor about your stay. We are thrilled you loved our service, we are here for one reason OUR GUESTS. Thanks.
Rockdale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at the Round Rock, TX Staybridge Suites for a week while my wife had surgery and the service was just outstanding also. They had a little guy doing the breakfast named Jairo and he and Brandon (GM) were just excellent. They even asked if there was anything they could do for my wife and our bed since she had back surgery. This should be a flagship hotel for training new GM's and staff due to their attention to customer service.

Thanks again,

Richard & Angie Dry

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
It is always a pleasure to serve you and your wife. We consider you a part of our Staybridge family of guests. We always look forward to your visits.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I wandered into the Staybridge on a Sunday night and found several unexpected surprises: wonderfully kind staff, great prices, a king suite with full size refrigerator, microwave and stovetop (and silverware/plates, etc.), a comfortable bed...I almost wish we were staying longer. It's a great location if you need to pop into Austin (which we did) but don't want to be in the city. And each morning, you're greeted by a full hot breakfast and newspapers (included in the room rate). A winner for any traveler - business or leisure - going through the Austin area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. All of the reasons you have stated in your review have caused us all to fall in Love with Staybridge Suites! Staybridge truly is a hidden gem. It's a great place to have a SWEET Suite! We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock? Share your experiences!