“Golf in Round Rock” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Municipal 18-hole, par 72 golf course measures 7,147 yards with Dwarf Tiff greens and Bermuda grass fairways and tees.
Austin, Texas
16 attraction reviews
“Golf in Round Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Course is well laid out and well maintained. Large greens, creeks that wind through the course, narrow fairways and lots of trees make it very challenging. Complete practice facility. Rating/Slope: 71.2/128.

Visited June 2012

Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent municipal golf course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Liked: Senior friendly, good green fees, challenging holes, friendly staff, good maintenance.
Disliked: Sunburn.

Visited September 2011
Austin, Texas, United States
“1 bad apple spoils the whole course”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We played Forest Creek Saturday April 7th and were anticipating an enjoyable round, however it turned out to be anything but. The course conditions were certainly not what we were used to from Forest Creek. We played Falcon Head, Terra Vista, and Avery Ranch in the previous week and the condition of those courses was superior. I must say that Forest Creek usually is on par with those courses but that was not the case this time. The greens were very slow and the ball hopped quite a bit. The fairways also could have been in better shape; they were rough and had many dead spots. But this was not the worst of it.
We had a 3:07 tee time and finished at nearly 8:00. This slow play was understandable given that this was the day before Easter. As far as we could tell we were the last ones on the course. We were a threesome but were joined by a single on the last couple of holes. Having completed our round we drove to our cars and unloaded the carts. By this time it was pretty dark. We drove the carts back to the cart return and parked them near the back along the wall, across from the kitchen (there were no other carts there). The kitchen looked closed, all of the chairs were on the tables but we went in to see if we could get a refill, which we did then we left. About 20 minutes later as I dropped off my brother I noticed I didn’t have my wallet. I had left it, my cell phone, a Bushnell GPS/Rangefinder and my Ray Ban sunglasses in the cart.
I immediately called the pro shop but there was no answer. I left a detailed message about the missing items. I was sick about the loss and later that night I sent 3 emails to the 3 email addresses available on Forest Creek’s web page. In the morning I called the pro shop and talked to the Chuck, the Head Professional. I truly expected to hear that they had the items that I left in the cart and that I could come get them as soon as I wanted. I suppose my worst fear should have been a sympathetic Forest Creek Employee telling me that they had not located them. I got neither.

After I gave my name and before I could manage to explain why I was calling Chuck lashed out at me telling me he had read my email and that he had looked for my stuff but couldn’t find them. He immediately started to berate me about leaving them in the cart and how it wasn’t their responsibility. I told him I didn’t appreciate the harsh lecture and just had some questions about who would have seen them last. Chuck continued his assault. He angrily told me that there were a lot of people on the course that day and anyone of them could have taken my things. I tried to tell him that as far as we could tell there wasn’t anyone around and we were the last golfers on the course. I further tried to explain that on the 16th hole my Brother in Law went back to retrieve a dropped glove which he found on the 13th tee box and didn’t see any other golfers. Once again I was berated and told that no one there would keep anything found in the cart.

However in my opinion what seems obvious is that someone who handled the carts that night or in the morning found the items. I think this because first it appeared that no one else was around. It was dark enough that I couldn’t see the items in the cart as I drove it to the cart return area. I had parked it along the wall so the combination of dark and being so close to the wall I believe would exclude someone casually walking by from seeing the items. They would have had to intentionally be searching the carts to have seen all black items, in the dark (black cell phone, black wallet, black GPS/ Rangefinder case, and black sunglass case).

Naturally I can’t prove who took my things but I can make some logical assumptions. Also if I can’t prove that a Forest Creek employee found the items then Forest Creek obviously isn’t responsible for them but it would have been nice to be treated courteously and professionally by Chuck instead of being yelled at. I can’t help but wonder if this has been an ongoing problem and that’s why he was so defensive and rude.

I am part of a threesome that over the past 6 or 7 years has made Forest Creek our primary course that we play. As I said earlier the course is usually in great shape and it is a challenging and fun course. The pro shop staff is usually friendly, professional and courteous. The cart and concession girls are also outstanding, so it is a major concern that when I lost nearly a thousand dollars in the cart I was treated the way I was. I don’t know what the future holds but I’m not sure if I want to golf at a course that treats regular clients the way Chuck treated me.

I would love to hear from anyone else who had a similar experience.

Visited April 2012