“The usual good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Kitchener, Canada
“The usual good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel was starting to look a bit tired but renovations are now well underway. I have stayed 3-4 times per year for past 5 years. Always get good consistent service. The location is very good for my purposes. Within walking distance to Cracker Barrel, Chuuys, Saltgrass and Jack Allens Kitchen just to name a few decent places to eat. Also close to the outlet mall. Rooms are basic Garden Inn rooms and the service is good. Ffriendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Simi Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

For the price this place is Ok. It's going under some lobby renovations so some of the amenities were limited. It was clean and we were close to the people we wanted to be so it worked. The rooms do need some up dating (carpet). Not great but not bad.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Columbus, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Had to change rooms 3 times upon check in. First room had someone else's luggage in it. Second room AC didn't work. Maintenance showed up right away but couldn't fix it so moved us to a 3rd room. Had problems getting on the internet but didn't want to say anything as already felt like we were calling the front desk repeatedly. The hotel is being remodeled so there is no lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Hooper Bay, AK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you're looking for a quiet place to sleep, look elsewhere! I can overlook the construction, and even the single (backdoor) entry. However, I could not overlook the fact that people hung out in and ran the halls until 12:30 on two of the three nights we stayed here. The second night there were 10 people right outside our door sitting around talking. My husband called twice to complain. The third night people were running up and down the halls or sitting around talking. I couldn't help but wonder if they were real guests or folks from the town looking for free AC and an outlet to charge phones. I called to complain at 11:15, and the front desk told me that they had just gotten in from a wedding. I had gotten in from a wedding an hour earlier, but that didn't give me the right to be loud and run the halls! I finally had enough by midnight and called back to complain of the noise. The lady was much nicer and said she'd look in to it.

I know there's normally a certain degree of noise, especially right next to the elevator, but when people are sitting, talking, and carrying on in the halls for hours, that's crossing the line. "Get a room!"

• Stayed June 2014
Sharan, Paktika, Afghanistan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The hotel was filled with black carpet beetles due to the renovations of the property. The Garden Inn on Parmer is awesome but this hotel is horrible in every way possible. The kitchen was closed also and the food was set out in a buffet style reminiscent of a cheap, hotel that you would catch in East Austin. The ice machine was broken on the 2nd floor and it took a day to get it fixed. Dirty carpets throughout the establishment doesn't help at all and the staff couldn't care less. Joe is the one exception to this rule who actually displayed a genuine concern for the hotel and the customers that pay their hard earned money to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Disappointing and sad.....

Room Tip: Light beaming through this room due to the lamp post outside......stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I am so sorry about the beetles you encountered. That is not the norm around here, but the entire Round Rock area was suddenly over taken by them. The news stations even did stories on them. I had never seen anything like it myself. They said it was a phenomenon that happens every seven or so years. The good news is that they ae gone now. I'm also sorry about the breakfast set up. We always get very good reviews on our cooked to order breakfast, but the lobby and breakfast areas are undergoing a complete makeover that will be completed in a couple of more weeks. We have no choice but to serve breakfast in the banquet room until then. We are trying to offer the same great breakfast as always, but it is just impossible to do cook to order from there. I hope you will give us another try after the renovations are complete. I'm sure you will be impressed with what we are doing.
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room rate was high , coffee creamer provided spoiled
There isn't proper signs to notify guests of new check in location while temporary renovation , not enough towels provided , for being the Hilton not a returning customer

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult time locating the temporary check-in entrance. We have added additional signage in hopes the new signs will make it easier to locate. I hope you will give us another chance to impress you after our lobby renovations are complete in a couple of weeks. It's going to be very nice. Again, I'm sorry you were less than satisfied with your stay. We will make every effort to make sure that doesn't happen in the future.
Friendswood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I have chosen this hotel many times in the past. However, on our recent stay, the room in which we stayed had several problems including the smoke detector hanging from the wall, a dirty ice bucket, a broken thermostat cover, and mold in the bath tub caulking. Hilton has always been my choice when booking a hotel room. This trip left me disappointed in the brand.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am very disappointed to read about your stay. I will share your review with our team and do everything possible to make sure these things never happen again. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance to you. I would like to make you feel comfortable that all neaccessary measures are being taken to correct any issues we may have.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!