“Beautiful and CLEAN hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
Houston, United States
“Beautiful and CLEAN hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Beautiful and CLEAN hotel! The only reason I am giving the Sleep Quality a Terrible is because the mattress was sunk in and gave me a back ache. The hot breakfast was fabulous and only cost $10/person. The staff kept the trash cans emptied as there were quite a few volleyball teams staying there this past weekend. The eating area was spotless! Everything else was Excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I will share your comments with the team and commend them for the job they did. Sometimes it's quite difficult to keep the breakfast area presentable when feeding so many people. I'm glad to hear they were able to stay on top of it. Hurry back to see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Naperville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Good location for our visit to Austin. Stayed a little further away because the room was cheaper, and nothing wrong with our stay. A little confusing at first about how to get to the place, but after a couple times we were fine.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will return whenever you are in the area again.
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

There were exposed electrical wires under the AC unit. These wire were connected with "Electrical screw nuts". Such connections BY CODE must be enclosed in a box or inside the AC unit. If we had small children we would never have stayed in this room because it is a serious shock danger. Of lesser importance, the ice machine on the second floor was partially dismantled. We have stayed in many Hilton Garden Inns and this one is not of the quality we are used to.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
I am very sorry you found the a/c in that condition. The issue was immediately corrected. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention.
Humble, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Brought a whole group in for an event in town. Came to this hotel last year as well. Last year AND this year, this hotel was listed as a host hotel for the event. Paperwork states "breakfast included". Received breakfast last year. This year, the morning staff and management told all my kids that it "wasn't part of the deal". High School students not budgeted for expense, some paid, others went without breakfast only to have to compete at an athletic event on an empty stomach. When I brought this to the managements attention, they told me more of the same. I told them it was in our paperwork and the manager told me he didn't believe me and wanted to see it in print. Although we were on our way out of the door, I went back to my room, brought him the paper, and he still said, "Sorry." Bad public relations, especially when dealing with groups of kids. I even told him there were 2 hotels listed, you were more expensive, but we stayed here because breakfast was included. Again, all I got was "Sorry." This was the morning staff and management. The evening staff who checked us in was great. They even gave us preprinted coupons for breakfast vouchers which weren't honored by your morning crew. I'm a Hilton Honors Member and have been for years. Never experienced anything like this from any Hilton chain. Will NEVER stay there again and am making sure I let anyone I know about my experience. I'm ashamed for you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for letting us know about your morning experience. I checked the agreement and the rate did not include breakfast, but as you stated, it could have been handled much better. I will share this with our team in an effort make make sure there are no more situations like this in the future. Thank you again for your comments.
Absecon, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Room was small and rollaway bed request was never fulfilled due to fire code. No one ever contacted me to state that. The desk took up so much room and the modern office chair was too big, didn't fit under the desk and didn't match the decor. The beds were comfortable and the microwave/fridge was nice to have. Iron was terrible and didn't work. Multiple holds were put on my credit card totaling almost $1000 maxed out my credit card triggered my credit card company freezing my account for the rest of my trip. I was forced to use my debit card which a hold of $398 was put on my account for 5 days!!! Plus the $398 came out of the account. This situation has still not been resolved and resulted in bouncing checks. I will never stay at a Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your credit card and will look into what happened today. We haven't encountered this issue before, but I will get to the bottom of it. Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments.
Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Room was clean and up-to-date. There were several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel in Round Rock. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I left behind a jacket, so I had to turn around to retrieve it. The front desk clerk gave me a room key and trusted me to go back up to the room and retrieve it, which I did without any problem. I recommend Hilton Garden Inn in Round Rock, Texas to everyone!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We do have one of the best locations in Round Rock. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Overall experience really bad. Roaches, front desf staff unavailable, computers in work room not working. Key card deactivated before check out had to walk all around to front of hoteto enter. 200 characters is not enough for all I have to say....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am very disappointed your stay was less than you expected. We have never had an issue with pests, so we have directed our pest control company to come in and do an additional treatment throughout the property to make sure this doesn't occur again. We also always try to have additional people on the front desk so no one has to wait while they assist other guests or take restroom breaks. I hope you didn't have to wait long for them to return.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!