“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Spring, TX
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was an adequate hotel for a one night stay. Lobby was pretty, rooms were nice, beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. Breakfast wasn't free, about $10, and not much better than the free ones at the other hotels. There are a couple of good restaurants right by the property, Salt Grass Steakhouse being one of them, so didn't even need to get in the car to go to dinner.

I probably won't stay here again because of the extra $$ for breakfast, which wasn't all that special for the extra $$.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
I appreciate your review and I'm glad your stay was enjoyable. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a free breakfast because of our brand standards, but I would love to hear what we could do to improve on what we do provide. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to share your thoughts on breakfast. Thanks for your time reviewing our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Omaha, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Service is top notch and the reason I would return. Rooms could use some updating. Bed linens should be refreshed. Hot breakfast was very good. Chef will make whatever you want. yadayadayada I have 200 characters by now I would think why is this not posting..

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review. I will share it with the team. I'm sure they will be very pleased with your review of them. Thanks again.
Lancaster, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Fortunately our time at hotel was minimal...literally to shower and sleep only due to our trip activities. If and when we return to this area, I will probably not use this hotel again...unless absolutely necessary.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I very sorry to hear that we failed to impress you during your stay and would love to hear more about it if you would like to contact me directly. We would like it very much if you would give us another oppoortunity to try and impress you.
Sherman, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is the cleanest, quietest hotel I have stayed at in a long time. All employees were professional and very helpful. Breakfast was awesome! Detail is amazing, from the check in personalized waters to checkout by an employee who walked into work about 6:50 and stopped at the front desk to help me checkout. I don't know if I could have been that friendly under the same circumstances at that time of day!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. This is the kind of review we all strive for. Please come back to see us soon.
Boston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

- My room was on the second floor. Upon exiting the elevator, the lobby area in front of the elevator smelled of excrement for the first three days I was there. Admittedly, the last day I was there, the source of the smell had either been dealt with or hidden by air freshener. - I rarely had any warm/hot water - My fitted bedsheet had small stains on it (not sure what sort), so I started sleeping on top of the other sheet. - The hotel is in desperate need of an update. There is a general mustiness/staleness to the air, plus much of the furniture is starting to become chipped, peeling, and cheap looking. By the looks of it, the hotel hasn't had an update for at least ten years. I'm actually fairly surprised at the low quality of the hotel, as I travel a lot for business and typically stay at Hiltons around the country and the world. Usually I'm satisfied if not impressed at the overall stay experience, but sadly this hotel fell way short of that. Still, I must give credit where credit is due. I had the following good experiences here: - the desk attendants were always friendly, if not helpful - the breakfast cook and waitstaff were great. The food itself was of average quality, except for the chef's made-to-order breakfast foods, which were above par My recommendation would be to look into other options in the area until Hilton management updates this hotel. The hotel would be quite nice if it had some TLC.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for your comments. I'm happy to inform you that we have started updating the hotel and will be doing even more in the coming months. Our team will be pleased that they did their part during your stay and I will share your comments with them. I hope you will return to see some of the updates we are doing.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Not the nicest Hilton Garden Inn that I've stayed in but the location is great with several good places to eat and easy access to I-35. Friendly staff. Rooms could use some updating for sure. Really noisy AC unit in my room so turn yours on before you unpack, maybe they'll move you if it's not quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate your review. I'm sorry about the noisy a/c. The good news is that we have been replacing them with new units and will continue to do so. Thanks for staying with us and we do hope you'll return to fiind a much quieter room.
Lees Summit, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Everything was good about this hotel. Clean and quiet. Just wish it had a little better fitness center. It was decent, but expected more from a Garden Inn. It was located near plenty of good restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We think we have about the best location in Round Rock, especially considering the number of quality restaurants within walking distance. I would like to hear more about how you would improve our fitness center if you would like to contact me directly. Thanks for the comments/

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!