“good stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
austin, United States
“good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great staff. Great Stay. I enjoy that its away from the city. Very Quiet. Night clerk Joe is very knowledgeable of the area and professional. Breakfast is awesome! Will be returning. I also like rest. in parking lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thanks for the review. We feel like we are in the perfect location for guests that want a quiet location with excellent restaurants within walking distance. Thanks for mentioning that. We look forward to you returning when back in the area again.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stavanger, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The first room I was assigned had been smoked in, in spite of the hotel having a no smoking policy. Can't really blame the hotel for guests who violate policy, but it would have been nice if they had noticed and not assigned me that room. The next room I was assigned also had an unpleasant odor, not smoke this time but a chemical smell, maybe from the carpet? I am admittedly sensitive to smells, and I suffer from asthma, so this was a bigger problem for me than it would be for most people. But in spite of the friendliness of the staff, I won't be staying at this particular location again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with odors at our hotel and will do everything we can to remedy the problem. Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay. We appreciate your feedback.
Columbia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was disappointed that this is the only HGI I have ever stayed that did not have a restaurant for dinner. I stay in hotels about 15 nights a month. The front desk person did not seem to care about the guest, and made no effort other than tell me to go across to a steakhouse in walking distance. The steakhouse was loud, and did not have healthy fare. The mattress on the bed was so worn there was a divot where I would fall in.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I arrived with a co-worker who did not make reservations and no rooms available. Staff took him name went for drinks and within an hour called having a room for him. Great customer service. I also mentioned i was staying at the Hilton in Houston he said that it was a VERY nice location i was going to. Thank you it was!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we did. I am glad that we were able to accomodate your additional guest. Thanks for choosing us when in Round Rock and thanks for being a loyal Hilton customer!
Carrollton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, and we came as a group of 11 rooms. Initial reservations went great, but something went south. After one employee almost made a bad situation a disaster, the manager stepped up and turned a potential meltdown into a 5 star experience. It's not often that you can overcome a bad taste and get back the across the board "Excellent" rating, but they did a great job. The overall experience may have won me over to make HGI my go-to destination. Clean. Comfy bed. Great customer service across the board (well, minus 1).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It makes me very happy to see that our team was able to turn a bad situation into a positive experience for you and your group. Your comments will be shared with everyone. Thank you.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff here are really professional and helpful, and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We were in town for a Round Rock Express game, and this was a very convenient location ... we are glad we chose to stay here. There is a Chuy's Restaurant across the parking lot that was outstanding. The Hilton Garden Inn breakfast was good, but these hotels seem to struggle with what they offer ... is it a buffet? ... is it "cook to order"? Part of the breakfast is prepared by a cook, but the remainder you take care of yourself. Overall, this is a very nice place located in a good location just off I35.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. We think we have one of the best locations in Round Rock partly because of the fantastic restaurants we are neighbors with. Thanks again for your comments.
Longview, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Dirty, Stinky, Run Down feeling. I feel that the place needs a complete makeover. Being in the room made me feel dirty & the beds were very uncomfortable.. The lady at the check in counter seemed a little intense, not offering a warm welcoming that you expect.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!