“Stay at hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Jackson, Tennessee
“Stay at hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was truly a great hotel. Staff, location, food was excellent. These people really feel at home.Breakfast was absolutely outstanding. Couldn't get any better, great service, great food and homey . I slept like a rock from the time my head hit the pillow until I awakened.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Our team takes a lot of pride in the service we provide and love knowing you felt at home with us. I will share your comments with the team and we hope to have you as our guest again soon. Thanks again.

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Breakfast, sure, but not your ordinary frozen foods. I had a poached egg - no eggs from a carton for me! It was PERFECT.

What a great way to top off my stay. That bed was fantastic - and silent! It adjusted perfectly to my comfort - like a "sleep number" bed, only better. I can't remember ever sleeping so well in a hotel - ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our breakfast and are glad you enjoyed it. I will pass your comments along to our team and we hope to see you back on your next visit to our area.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my third week here as a business traveller. I'd say you stay here and are at all pleased, you should have paid half that and booked a cheaper alternative right down the road. Very poor breakfast, hard to understand staff, generally dirty rooms, a scummy little pool, and... you have a better gym in your basement. Certainly one with a more welcoming feeling. I'm cancelling my next three weeks of bookings and headed to some nearby Marriott. Also, don't leave your luggage in their check room, they gave mine to someone else.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. :P
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am very sorry we failed to meet your expectations and for the mix up with your bag. We generally get excellent comments on both our breakfast and rooms. I will discuss your comments with our team and try in every way to prevent these type of comments in the future. We hope you will reconsider and give us another try when you are back in the area. Again, I apologize for the less than satisfying stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how it went. We will push for better results next time.
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel as part of a 3 day trip to the Texas Hill Country and Austin. We reached the hotel late at night, and were warmly welcomed by the front desk staff. That was a nice first impression! We were offered milk for the babies in addition to water bottles, as well. The rooms were a bit dated, but all amenities of a HGI were available. Our room had a nice view of the pool, which we didn't avail, but looked quite nice. Breakfast in the morning was quite sumptuous, and the breakfast staff were accommodating the the kids needs.

Overall 4 stars for this property!

Room Tip: The front is surrepunded by restaurants and another hotel. Some rooms have a pool view which are nic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are very proud of our team and it's great to hear how you were welcomed to the hotel. We want all of our guests to feel the same way when they leave us and expect that they should. I will share these wonderful comments with everyone here at the hotel. Thanks so much for taking the time to share them.
Waco, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Check in was with a smile . I was tired and they put a smile on my face . I asked for some water and she brought me 2 .Room was clean and fresh and adjustable bed was great . Breakfast as $9.99 but was worth every penny . Parking lot well lite and my Corvette was safe . I will stay here again !

Room Tip: I had a back room that was quite . Great resturants in same parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I will share this with our team. We are very proud of our breakfast. I hope you tried our chef's homemade salsa. I have seen guests eat it like soup. LOL We look forward to your return.

Have a great day and thanks again for your comments.
Richardson, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The floor tile in the bathroom was broken/loose; the bathroom sink's drain cap would not stay in place (screws stripped, the lever to raise and lower did not operate properly); the bed was too soft (we both woke up with backaches); the heater was musty-smelling and very VERY noisy when it kicked on and off (ultimately we just turned it off and coped with the temperature of the room as it was). The table by the front window in the lobby was unscrewed from it's base, and one of the chairs was visibly coming apart (I pushed the parts together myself). The elevator was very slow -- surprising for a hotel that is only 3 stories high.

The back door access to the hotel was open late in the evening. A girl we spoke to in the (slow moving) elevator was surprised by how lax the security was. She was able to sneak right in without anyone seeing her.

Also: One of the loud-talking clerks made the place feel like a seedy motel. We were playing cards in the lobby and we could hear her making loud disparaging remarks (about what, we were never certain) on the phone. Maybe it was a personal call? I don't know. But it was tacky.

We had a completely different experience at the Hilton Garden Inn located in San Diego/Del Mar. They had amazing service and great facilities. (We were there for a week.). I don't know why the Round Rock, Texas location is so poorly operated, but we won't be back. There is a Country Inn just down the way from the Hilton Garden Inn of Round Rock. I am not a member of their frequent customer program, but we've been there before and it is a much nicer experience. We travel to Round Rock once a month and we will stay at the Country Inn in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. I have met with our team on a couple of occasions since first reading your review and we have made changes and corrected many of the issues you pointed out. We hope you will try us again if back in our area. Thanks again for your comments.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The bed did not work properly on one side...but it was too late and we were too tired to complain - so we put up with it. However, my wife accidentally left some clothes in the closet and didn't notice it until after we got home. When she called the hotel they said they had the clothes and would ship them back to us - since they had our name, address, credit card number, and cell phone number...it cost us $31 to get the clothes shipped back. The irony was that we were in the area for 7 hours after checking out, (to watch a baseball game) and could have dropped in and picked up the clothes if the hotel would have just called the contact number they had on file.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your problem with the bed in your room. We normally get good reviews on our beds, so I will have the maintenance staff check the one in the room you were in immediately. I will also be in touch with you to discuss the rest of your experience at our hotel. Our team prides themselves in the service they offer and we are always looking for ways to improve. I will share your comments with them. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!