The floor tile in the bathroom was broken/loose; the bathroom sink's drain cap would not stay in place (screws stripped, the lever to raise and lower did not operate properly); the bed was too soft (we both woke up with backaches); the heater was musty-smelling and very VERY noisy when it kicked on and off (ultimately we just turned it off and coped with the temperature of the room as it was). The table by the front window in the lobby was unscrewed from it's base, and one of the chairs was visibly coming apart (I pushed the parts together myself). The elevator was very slow -- surprising for a hotel that is only 3 stories high.
The back door access to the hotel was open late in the evening. A girl we spoke to in the (slow moving) elevator was surprised by how lax the security was. She was able to sneak right in without anyone seeing her.
Also: One of the loud-talking clerks made the place feel like a seedy motel. We were playing cards in the lobby and we could hear her making loud disparaging remarks (about what, we were never certain) on the phone. Maybe it was a personal call? I don't know. But it was tacky.
We had a completely different experience at the Hilton Garden Inn located in San Diego/Del Mar. They had amazing service and great facilities. (We were there for a week.). I don't know why the Round Rock, Texas location is so poorly operated, but we won't be back. There is a Country Inn just down the way from the Hilton Garden Inn of Round Rock. I am not a member of their frequent customer program, but we've been there before and it is a much nicer experience. We travel to Round Rock once a month and we will stay at the Country Inn in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin
- Hilton Round Rock
- Round Rock Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock hotel is stylish and sophisticated, offering you easy access to the Round Rock shopping outlets. We offer complimentary WiFi and cooked to order breakfast to help you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.