“Poor customer service, and the "pressure system" bed did not work properly.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Dallas, Texas
“Poor customer service, and the "pressure system" bed did not work properly.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The bed did not work properly on one side...but it was too late and we were too tired to complain - so we put up with it. However, my wife accidentally left some clothes in the closet and didn't notice it until after we got home. When she called the hotel they said they had the clothes and would ship them back to us - since they had our name, address, credit card number, and cell phone number...it cost us $31 to get the clothes shipped back. The irony was that we were in the area for 7 hours after checking out, (to watch a baseball game) and could have dropped in and picked up the clothes if the hotel would have just called the contact number they had on file.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your problem with the bed in your room. We normally get good reviews on our beds, so I will have the maintenance staff check the one in the room you were in immediately. I will also be in touch with you to discuss the rest of your experience at our hotel. Our team prides themselves in the service they offer and we are always looking for ways to improve. I will share your comments with them. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Positives: bed was comfortable, room was small but clean, convenient location. Cons: breakfast was 10 dollars, the floors in the room were uneven and the one request we had was denied. The front desk was disinterested and un empathetic. They did have complimentary parking and cooked but the cookies were hard as rocks. 3 stars because it was adequate but nothing special. For the 115 price I am sure there are better options which include a free breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our beds and that our location was convenient for you. They are Garden Sleep System beds and we are very proud of them. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I will share with our team.
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a Hilton Garden Inn -- not a Hilton (meaning it is their "mid-priced" brand, which is steps above their "budget friendly" Hampton Inn brand but steps below their "full service" Hilton brand). With that in mind, there was absolutely nothing wrong with our room or the hotel. It was clean, well maintained, and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel is right off of I-35. So, if you need a quick stop or rest while travelling or want to stay near the highway for whatever reason, it is convenient. Again, if you are seeking luxury, this is not for you. If you are looking for a clan, quiet, mid-priced place to stay right off of 35, this is a great option. I thought the price we paid was very fair for what we got. Also, I have terrible back problems and their bed was excellent (I have stayed in many high end hotels, and for whatever reason this bed was far better for my back than many other hotel beds that I have slept in) .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. Our team prides itself in providing friendly and efficient service. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hilton in Round Rock is a great hotel. Rooms were very clean, hotel staff was great. Outstanding breakfast. Very easy to get off and on to I-35. Some outstanding restrauants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest again if you return to the area.
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a two day meeting. Juan Marroquin, the assistant manager, arranged the meeting room and hotel stay. He was efficient, friendly, helpful and personally took care of all the details to make sure everything went well. His supportive staff also did a splendid job. Maria and Melanie at the front desk and Maria in food service took care of all our needs. The hotel seemed to cater to business people during the week and the cooked to order breakfast @ $9.95 was excellent, althought it could be more organized. This definately exceeded the Hilton Garden standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from the road and the pool area. Higher level rooms seem to ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. They will be shared with the team. We hope you return soon.
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was nothing special, like I'd expect from a Hilton. It was (like I said) adequate. Things that were less than good: the ac units were loud on and off. I solved this by turning the fan to the "on" position, so it stayed on all night. The outside noise is a bit much. I believe the wdws are poor quality. I solved this by the leaving of the fan on. The bathroom door was in the way constantly. For some mysterious reason, it opens out. It's really beyond annoying when you have more than one person staying in the room. So I fixed this by taking the door off the hinges and throwing it out the window. The biggest problem was not necessarily the hotel's problem, but one that should be addressed. Any road-side hotel these days offers a free continental breakfast. Not this one. PLEASE BE ADVISED: do not stand in line for a hot breakfast. It will cost you 10$/person. You'll think it's complimentary, but it sadly is not. That really sucked, because I book rooms having added in the breakfast to my budget. So, in essence, this added 40$ to my room rate because I had kids. And then the next morning, we had only cold cereal and fruit. Those are free. Okay..next. The hottub was luke warm. It was the kind of warm you worry causes bacteria to thrive, so it's best to stay away, and the jets didn't work. The elevator is slow, so I used the stairs whenever we were close. And the floors are very creaky. I solved this by calling the front desk. They weren't able to re-engineer the floors while we were there, but did call the room above me and have them tip-toe. That was nice.

Beth and Brian

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HGIRoundRock, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I’m so sorry you experienced noise with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn’t experience that. We have also had the hot tub serviced. Thank you for comments. We try our best to use them to improve both our service and our product. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to have a chance to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.
Woodbury,CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I wasn't expecting a super experience for a Hilton Garden Inn, but this one really disappoints. The lobby was very nice, but everything went downhill from there. Ugly hallway carpeting, very worn and dingy room carpet, noticeably cracked and marked ceiling in the room, bathtub drain that left me standing in 6 inches of water, and a fluorescent bulb that flickered so much it gave me a headache. I will not be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIRoundRock, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will use your comments as an example while we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!