“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 300 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Tarka serves fresh, fast & flavorful Indian cuisine, freshly whipped lasssis & select wine & beer. Dine in, take out or have it delivered via Dine on Demand. We offer online & mobile ordering and have our very own iPhone ordering app. City of Austin recognized Green Restaurant.
Austin, Texas
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to Tarka in Round Rock and found the food to be very good, had the Chicken Marsala which was extremely good as as their Naans. Enjoyed eating there and have gone back a couple of times since. Even though it is set up as fast food, it will be delivered to your table,food tastes fresh and friendly service. Looking for a good quick Indian meal give them a try.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Fast but not that good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Tarka Indian Kitchen, located in the same shopping center as Ikea (off i-35 and 1431 in Round Rock) is a fast-service Indian restaurant. Considering that it's just a restaurant where you order at the counter, I found the prices to be too high. Regardless of price, the food was merely average. I chose a medium-level for spice, which still had hardly any flavor. Others in my group who chose mild spice said their food was just OK. The naan (which was available for an extra charge) wasn't that fresh or hot. The rice was nice. (Yes, saying the rice is nice is very faint praise!)

The staff was friendly enough. The dining room was pleasant enough. And, they even had high-chairs. But, those positives weren't enough to overcome the rather bland food.

I'm not an expert on Indian food, but I've had plenty of better meals at other restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Round Rock, Texas
“Fast food Indian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

After reading these reviews I guess I am an Indian food elitist or maybe most have not had the real thing. I ordered Chicken Korma which I always enjoy, but I had no idea what they served me but I only took two tastes and that was enough. Tasted like it was a watered down powder or something. My wife liked hers and I don't remember what it was for the life of me.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Round Rock, Texas
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wow, Indian food prepared and served by non-Indians!!! Pricing is outrageous for a self-serve outlet.

Visited October 2013
Texas
“Good food - but I prefer a buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am no expert when it comes to Indian food. I like several different dishes, but like to sample many in order to learn about new ones. Therefore, I like to go to Indian restaurants that offer a buffet so that I can sample several things rather then just ordering the Tandoori chicken. If you know what you want and you only want one thing, then the food here is good and reasonably priced. But there are other Indian restaurants nearby that offer a buffet a lunch and you can get so much more variety.

• Visited July 2013