“Fast food Indian” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 283 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Tarka serves fresh, fast & flavorful Indian cuisine, freshly whipped lasssis & select wine & beer. Dine in, take out or have it delivered via Dine on Demand. We offer online & mobile ordering and have our very own iPhone ordering app. City of Austin recognized Green Restaurant.
Round Rock, Texas
“Fast food Indian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

After reading these reviews I guess I am an Indian food elitist or maybe most have not had the real thing. I ordered Chicken Korma which I always enjoy, but I had no idea what they served me but I only took two tastes and that was enough. Tasted like it was a watered down powder or something. My wife liked hers and I don't remember what it was for the life of me.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Round Rock, Texas
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wow, Indian food prepared and served by non-Indians!!! Pricing is outrageous for a self-serve outlet.

Visited October 2013
Texas
“Good food - but I prefer a buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am no expert when it comes to Indian food. I like several different dishes, but like to sample many in order to learn about new ones. Therefore, I like to go to Indian restaurants that offer a buffet so that I can sample several things rather then just ordering the Tandoori chicken. If you know what you want and you only want one thing, then the food here is good and reasonably priced. But there are other Indian restaurants nearby that offer a buffet a lunch and you can get so much more variety.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“Perfect for a pre- or post-shopping meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Conveniently located to the outlet mall in Round Rock, I love how this place indicates on the menu which items are gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian, etc. Great value, quick, and healthier than your average moderately-priced, faster food restaurant. I recommend the coconut curry with paneer.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fast & Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I highly recommend this simple, industrial style place for healthy, meat free dishes. The food is filling, and delicious, and the prices are reasonable.

Visited August 2013