“Solid choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Solid choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Recently stayed here with my wife for one night while visiting the Austin area. Did not spend much time on the property, but found it suitable for our needs. The room was clean, but there was a slight musty smell, but nothing overwhelming. Room overall and bathroom were clean. The service at the front desk was friendly and efficient. We found the breakfast to be above average and I liked the sitting area, including the TVs at the booths. I did not take advantage of the bar but there is one there if you want a few drinks in the evening. I did need to use the business center and found it suitable for my needs. Remember you are in Round Rock and North of Austin, but we did go out in Austin one night and drove back. It's manageable. Good property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rowlett, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Corpus Christi to break up the drive. The hotel was very nice, large rooms and very clean. Convenient location to Austin and anything you want to do in Round Rock. Lots of restaurant options within walking distance. Hotel has an ATM in lobby which is nice as well. The free breakfast was great, the only thing I would add would be pancakes or waffles. Great stay, would go back for sure!

Room Tip: I got the handicap accessible room on the 1st floor, didn't ask for it, it was beyond huge. 2 q...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ARLINGTON, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Nice hotel. Easy to get to off of Interstate 35. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Within walking distance of the Round Rock Sports Complex. We were upgraded to a suite just for asking! Comfortable beds. Awesome pillows! Clean room. Great shampoo!

Stayed July 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

First, Expedia slyly captured my reservation process. I never do business with Expedia because of its inflexibility in changes or cancellations. I thought I was speaking with a hotel employee when actually I was speaking with an Expedia employee when I made the reservation. The hotel clerk patiently listened to my tirade Of anger by phone when I attempted to change the date of my reservation. But his hands were tied based upon policies when third-party reservations were made.
The hotel's location was good, the quality of the rooms was standard for holiday inn, the presence of the indoor pool was a plus.
The presence of a "dine in" and bar area I thought would be a plus as well. But the service there changed my mind. It took an exorbitantly long time to get serviced, even though my table was the only one populated in the entire area.
I expressed my opinions to the hotel clerk, who explained that strides were being taken for improvement in the bar and dine in areas.
Because of its location and proximity to my business concerns there, I will stay there again. And I will be watching for the improvements.

• Stayed May 2014
Angelique G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Greetings Janet S,

Holiday Inn Austin North/Round Rock, thanks you for staying with us, we value the comments our guest leave us and strive to improve and impress. We do understand your frustration when booking for our hotel, unfortunately we can only handle bookings at our property not on other sites or representatives their of. We are improving our restaurant and bar and hope you enjoy the changes made once all completed and implemented. We thank you again and look forward to your future stay with us.

Best Regards,
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night as we were exploring the great state of Texas. Check in was fast; the employees weren't the friendliest people I've ever met but we got to our room fast with no problems.
We got to our room and were hesitant to go in our room. There were 2 meal trays sitting outside our door which made us question if someone was in our room. The room was clean and empty (thank goodness!) but the trays remained outside our room the entire stay. Even in the morning with housekeeping around.
The pool was nice, plenty of parking, and in a good location. We'd stay again....maybe this time order our own trays.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Angelique G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Greetings Aaron E,

Holiday Inn Austin North/Round Rock would like to thank you for your four star comment and review. We appreciate you staying at our hotel and thank you beforehand for returning with us. In regards to the trays and the niceness of our staff we apologize for that and will be informing the correct managers of this issue. At our property we pride ourselves on the effectiveness of a concern of our guests and when let known of the issue we have it corrected in a timely manner that allows us. Again thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin North/Round Rock and we anticipate your stay with us again.

McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was a really nice, upper end hotel with all the amenities you would expect from a Holiday Inn. The beds were comfortable, room was clean, and it was a short drive to many restaurants. If you are driving and don't feel like going south through Austin during the evening rush hour (I highly recommend the loop that goes around!) then stop here for the night. There were tons of things to do - a movie theater, bowling alley, and a mall were short distances away. We didn't try the breakfast, but it smelled good as we were checking out the next morning. Breakfast adds $4 per person to your stay, should you choose to take advantage of the hotel meal.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. This hotel is off the interstate about a quarter mile, so not much road no...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Angelique G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Greetings DebbieKeiser,

Holiday Inn Austin North/Round Rock, thanks you for your five star comment and review. We appreciate that you enjoyed our amenities and our location. We hope we get a chance soon to meet the needs of your stay and enjoy our restaurant we have to offer.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night during a business trip and found it very pleasant and comfortable. It has a great little bar/restaurant area and comfortable, clean rooms that include refrigerators and microwaves. There are also fabulous restaurants within walking distance, including Jack Allen's, which was very good. The parking lot is large and easy to get in and out of, and there is no charge to park. My only complaints is that someone had spilled coffee down the wall behind the desk, and that had not been cleaned. But other than that, this is a great location with great rooms. I'd stay here again anytime, as long as it's kept at the level it is now.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Angelique G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Greetings MichLanh,

Holiday Inn Austin North/Round Rock, thanks you for your four star review of our hotel. We are glad that you had enjoyed our hotel and the locations it is in and we look forward to your return. We do apologize for the spill and hope no harm was done, but we do get to any hazards or inadequacies as soon as we can. Again thank you for your stay and review and come back soon for a leisure or business trip.

Angelique

Been to Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock? Share your experiences!