“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
South Padre Island, TX
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located off I35. It was near many restaurants and a drugstore. The staff was very helpful. The room was nicely decorated and clean. The breakfast omelets and chicken salad, quesadilla dinner in the restaurant was tasty and good portions. The service was friendly both times. It was a quiet stay and good value. Staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was tasked to plan a wedding, so I started out with very little to no experience at all. I talked to this hotel management staff and they helped me setup everything. Management staff was very courteous and helpful in sharing their experience. Staff member especially Syed and Angelique were very helpful. I will highly recommend this hotel for any event. Since I only had an event at this hotel, I will only be rating the pertaining areas down below. I am sure their room service and quality will be at the same level as well.
NM

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Donetsk, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Three things made the stay not so great... a pool with green water, a spa where the water smelled, and an air conditioner that never really cooled my room while it was over 100 degrees outside. The open areas are nice, but not enough sitting area. The location is good since it is right off of IH-35.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear JRinDonetsk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that our location suited your needs. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience our amenities and air conditioning system may have caused you. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a very nice hotel in a great location. Staff was friendly, and the hotel was clean. Bed was also very comfortable. Breakfast was also fresh and good. Kids also enjoyed the pool. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
McKinney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Front desk staff was rude despite being not busy at all, inconvenienced by us checking in. And surprising enough, rude at check out as well.
Coffee in the room was old, coffee filters were torn and spilled in pouch. "Cleaning crew" simply stacked the opened coffee bags back up and left the opened coffee bags neatly by the coffee pot.
Room was hot, however it was an extremely hot summer weekend...but it is Texas, you would hope the room would be able to be cooled.
Pool room hot and very stuffy.
All in all, would have been OK...however the rudeness of the front desk staff, 2 different people on 2 separate days, and the cleaning service will cause us to look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Hello Sir,
We do greatly apologize for your experience while at the property. We are looking into the service issues as well as the cleanliness points brought up. I will be working with the staff to ensure something like this does not happen again. I appreciate you taking the time to complete the review of our property and we will be in contact with you as well directly. I assure you we take these concerns seriously and will handle them appropriately.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times. It's a newer Holiday Inn property with a small bar and restaurant just off of the lobby. It has well lit parking lots and it's one block off of the interstate making it quiet and yet easily accessible. The rooms are very comfortable and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Woodbury,CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in many years because all my previous experiences were with tired and old operations. This time I had no choice because they were the only ones with a decent room at an acceptable price. But they surprised me! This location seemed to be very new and was well furnished both in the lobby and in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock? Share your experiences!