“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Dallas, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a very nice hotel in a great location. Staff was friendly, and the hotel was clean. Bed was also very comfortable. Breakfast was also fresh and good. Kids also enjoyed the pool. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
McKinney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Front desk staff was rude despite being not busy at all, inconvenienced by us checking in. And surprising enough, rude at check out as well.
Coffee in the room was old, coffee filters were torn and spilled in pouch. "Cleaning crew" simply stacked the opened coffee bags back up and left the opened coffee bags neatly by the coffee pot.
Room was hot, however it was an extremely hot summer weekend...but it is Texas, you would hope the room would be able to be cooled.
Pool room hot and very stuffy.
All in all, would have been OK...however the rudeness of the front desk staff, 2 different people on 2 separate days, and the cleaning service will cause us to look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Hello Sir,
We do greatly apologize for your experience while at the property. We are looking into the service issues as well as the cleanliness points brought up. I will be working with the staff to ensure something like this does not happen again. I appreciate you taking the time to complete the review of our property and we will be in contact with you as well directly. I assure you we take these concerns seriously and will handle them appropriately.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times. It's a newer Holiday Inn property with a small bar and restaurant just off of the lobby. It has well lit parking lots and it's one block off of the interstate making it quiet and yet easily accessible. The rooms are very comfortable and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Woodbury,CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in many years because all my previous experiences were with tired and old operations. This time I had no choice because they were the only ones with a decent room at an acceptable price. But they surprised me! This location seemed to be very new and was well furnished both in the lobby and in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pearland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Through a hotwire deal, my daughter and I stayed in this hotel. We were given the first room on the first floor, next to the lobby. There were no cars in the parking lot yet we were told this was the only available room. The staff seemed bothered with us and they were very slow in getting a whopping TWO people checked into their rooms. I requested a double room online and got a king. The room was handicap accessible, so it had a shower with a flat floored surface. the shower head pointed directly out from the far wall...so water went everywhere! Aside from that it was a nice hotel though.

Room Tip: don't get the room directly off of the lobby!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Cashnic,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I chose this property due to the location. We live a number of miles outside the city and on weekend visits we tend to overnight. This Holiday Inn is very convenient to I35 in North Round Rock. Access to restuarants, highways and shopping are excellent. I had made the reservation on my mobile phone. When I arrived and checked in i was given a better rate then what I was quoted...BONUS! This weekend we stayed there was a baseball tournament in the area. There were alot of families and kids staying at the hotel. One of the problems i see many, many times at hotels is the lack of attention to the pool area(which was one of the reasons for staying there) The pool area was dirty and unkempt. There were towels on the deck and trash strewn about. The deck needs to be powerwashed. The point is ..had any of the staff taken a look to see on its condition at least more than once during the day they would have realized its condition. Word to the staff..just because it says check in morning and at night ..check it more frequently..especially if you are very busy. YOU DONT WANT TO HAVE A FECES INCIDENT which happened to the pool at my last IHG stay. Other than that the staff were attentive and met my concerns head on. The room was comfortable and quiet. Relatively new property. All in all a good stay, especially when they were made aware of the pool area.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator to the left down the left hall off the elevator block for the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The entrance is Simple but pretty. It is a fairly new hotel (4 years old), which is why I picked it. As I entered it was quiet, no receptionist in the lobby area. We waited about 4 minutes to get assisted.

The rooms were nice and clean. The decor was also nice. It included at microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The AC was not cooling as well as we had wanted. Over all the room was nice and comfortable.

We called in for room service, but it was "take out only" night. Which means we had to go down to get it. Went down the to bar/restaurant and had the food ready in 15 minutes. The Bartender was really nice and friendly. He was ready to serve his customers.

Overall my stay was pleasant, it was quiet and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock? Share your experiences!