“Clean Comfortable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Toledo,Ohio
“Clean Comfortable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in early April. Hotel is fairly new and is still in real good shape. Check in was quick and friendly. Thought rate paid was fair. Clean room. Used Business Center and it was fine. Only complaint was noise from other guests. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
fullerton,ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Noisy at night, paper thin walls, people cursing in hallway, no security to call to tell them to be quite. So nap during day right. Not with the maids screaming at each other in Spanish down the hallways. Ugh!! Also, breakfast staff needs to be more interested in filling breakfast trays and keeping breakfast hot (yes you must light burners underneath) then concerned with collecting the ticket!! On a good note, beds were quite comfy just too bad could not get quite time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear seah0rse_29,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tuscola Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed here in the past and it is still a comfortable quiet hotel. It was clean and the check in was efficient. It is about a 15 minute drive to downtown Austin, unless during peak times, then it's about 45 minutes. The little things I noticed on this stay that drop my rating are going to seem "nit pickey" perhaps. But because we stayed 4 nights I noticed a couple of things. #1- The bar closes at 10:00 daily except for Saturday then it's 11:00. There were at least 2 nights we came in and would haave loved to had a drink before we went up to our rooms, but the bar was closed or was fixing to close. #2- Our shampoos and soaps were never restocked for our entire stay. That sounds like a management decision to cut back but it comes off cheap and not what you expect from a full service hotel. My wife had to go get more toliet paper at the desk.If you only stay one or two nights you won't notice, but it just bothered me. I ended up showering with a tiny sliver of soap on the day I left. (I hate that) I know we could have asked for more, but my point is you shoudn't have to ask.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear clane20,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here while visiting relatives in the area. The hotel is quiet and clean and has a small workout area and pool. It is close to restaurants and easy access to I35. Front desk staff were helpful and there is a restaurant and bar on the premises.

Room Tip: Hotel is far enough off the highway to be very quiet. The workout room could be bigger and have mor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. The room was a great size, nice bed, a little firm for my taste but I've slept on much worse. Friendly staff, very clean. Hotel had a great overall feel. We ordered in breakfast one of the mornings, a little pricey but good food for a hotel. I would definitely stay again and would recommend to others!

• Stayed February 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I reserved the room onlne for me and my old man. I added the romance package to the jacuzzi room, and was not disappointed. When I got to the room, it was beautifully decorated with rose petals and champagne, along with towels folded into swans and elephants!! The room was clean, and cozy. In my romance package, it included breakfast AND dinner, so of course, we did!! Dinner was SUPER ENJOYABLE with our host/bartender/waiter :} TITO.....he was very hospitable, and went WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND!! The food was good, nice environment...we even got to enjoy a 50's party, complete with flapper girls :} The next morning, LETICIA allowed us an additional 2-hour stay, so we went back up and enjoyed the jacuzzi a little more. I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!! It also had an indoor pool and hot tub that were open to the hotel guests.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room with romance package is worth it!! :}
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is nice. It has been recently updated and everything still looks new. The beds are very comfortable. The restaurant has a nice breakfast. All of the hotel staff I spoke with were very helpful and nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock? Share your experiences!